4.0 out of 5 stars Shield not included
The costume looks fine, and I've no doubt that my son will wear it out. However, it should be notated that UNLIKE THE PICTUER, no shield is included. Perhaps I should have read the fine print a little closer, but I expected a shield. Good thing I ordered early and still have time to get the necessary accessories.
Published on July 24, 2012 by Meanie Marie Hinchey

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine. Seams tear easily.
Published on August 17, 2012 by Ariel Dive

4.0 out of 5 stars Shield not included, July 24, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Regarding SIZE CHART, April 11, 2013
This review is from: Avengers Captain America Classic Costume (Toy)
I purchased this as a birthday gift for my 4 year old neighbor. He hasn't received it yet but my main reason for a review is about the size since I had a hard time deciding which would be best for him & upon reading other reviews, many others had the same concern.
SMALL (which is what I ordered) states on package- size 4-6.
size chart says:
Chest= 23-25"
Waist= 21-22"
Hips= 23-25"
Inseam= 16-19"
Height= 39-47"
Weight= 36-47 lbs.

MEDIUM (what I have gathered from other reviews) is size-7/8 ( I dont have a size chart for that).
I hope this helps anyone who is concerned with sizing

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality for a custome!, September 20, 2012
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Usually whenever I buy costumes quality is really poor. The colors in this one are very similar to the ones in the movie. I also bought the matching gloves and shield (by Disguise), and everything was perfect!

4.0 out of 5 stars watch out for size, June 6, 2012
V. Nacif (West Hollywood, CA) - See all my reviews
The medium is for a 7-8 year old. I got it for my 3 year old and it is way too big. Other than that it is a nice simple costume.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine. Seams tear easily., August 17, 2012
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Avengers Captain America Classic Costume (Toy)
It looks so cool. My son was so excited to get this for his 4th birthday. It fit him perfectly. The costume ripped at the waist on the seam during the first wear. He still plays in his Halloween costume from 10 months ago and there is only minor damage. So, he is not particularly rough on costumes. My son LOVES his Captain America costume though, so I will keep dragging out the sewing machine.

In case you were wondering, it does NOT come with the shield. Just to clarify.

4.0 out of 5 stars Has been wearing it every day for past month!, July 19, 2013
This review is from: Avengers Captain America Classic Costume (Toy)
I ordered this for my almost 5 year old son and he love it! I ordered a small (4-6) and it fit perfectly (although my son is tall and thin, so a more muscular child might need a larger size). It has started to tear in a few places already, but that is not surprising because he wears it constantly!

4.0 out of 5 stars Costume, March 6, 2014
It's very nice is lightweight perfect for my country it is always summer and it's hot
Has seamless collar and hem here to catch it but overall is very well

1.0 out of 5 stars Ok. Not great!, March 1, 2014
Looks great, but quality is poor. Started to rip after second wear. Very disappoint cause my son wanted to wear to his friends birthday.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, February 26, 2014
Purchased item for my nephew who is crazy about Captain America. He loves it and wears it where ever he can!

4.0 out of 5 stars Captain America with Shield, January 14, 2014
This review is from: Avengers Captain America Classic Costume (Toy)
The costume is great but it really needs the shild to complete it; and for a little extra special fun get the helmet; it has a missle launcher device that's a real eye-catcher!

Avengers Captain America Classic Costume, Red/White/Blue, Small