Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Marvel's The Avengers forum

Avengers DVD Subtitles

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 30, 2012 9:50:09 PM PDT
P. Schmidt says:
I have the regular widescreen DVD of The Avengers, catalog number 108404 as printed on the DVD case spine. I noticed that the case also mentions "Double au Quebec" (Doubled in Quebec), which of course means that the DVD is intended for folks living there who might speak English or French or both. The problem for me is that the DVD, on both of my players, defaulted to French subtitles, forcing me to bother turning them off. Then, even with them off, in scenes where characters were speaking in India or Russia, the French subtitles came back on and I could not make them go away OR change to English. Very annoying to have misbehaving subtitles. As far as I can tell, there is no other version of the Avengers on DVD, so my question is whether anyone else has noticed this subtitle issue, or knows of another DVD version intended for use in the States instead of Canada.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  Sep 30, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 30, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Marvel's The Avengers
Marvel's The Avengers by Robert Downey Jr. (DVD - 2012)
4.6 out of 5 stars (11,213)