Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Learn more

on June 25, 2011
These are similar but not exact to some Avenir Classic Comfort Cycling Gloves I had previously purchased. These gloves help "wick" away moisture & perspiration better from the top of your hands. The medium size did seem a little snug at first - but stretched out enough after the first couple of rides. If in doubt - you may want to order one size up.

A few people have complained about the thin padding. Maybe I'm a liitle different. I don't like a lot of padding - just enough to take the edge off is good for me. Do I use these extensively? YES! 20, 25 & 30 mile rides are not out of the question, possibly up to 3 times per week. I'm retired...if I feel like going for a long ride whenever - I go & go & go...

Gloves with really thick padding (to me) take away all the "feel" of riding. Before ya know it, your hands are numb & you can't figure out why. Using these gloves & changing hand positions from time to time on my road bike work out well.
on June 23, 2009
These gloves look nice in the picture, but they are extremely thin, offering very little padding for a bike rider. Stylish, but not too practical.
on June 2, 2009
Seem good quality - excellent service/shipping; BUT
I have worn size large for years and though these are so marked, they seem a bit snug for me. I'll wear these; but if I ever order replacements, I will order a size larger than usual.
I have several pair of various brand gloves and for my specific needs and wants these are pretty good gloves. There are a couple of things to note about them though before you plunk down your hard earned dollar.

First, despite what the picture looks like here, these gloves really do not have very much padding to them. I wear Bell Comfort Mesh Cycling Gloves and have for years simply because they have much less padding on them than many brands and designs. I personally do not like a lot of padding and were it not for the extra grip gloves provide me, the sweat the soak up and the extra protection if I crash, I would not wear gloves at all. The gloves being reviewed here are compliable to the Bells.

Second, I would, if ordering the blind, maybe try a sizing just a bit larger that you normally wear. I usually wear a large but with these I have been purchasing extra large. The large will eventually stretch somewhat with time, but they are pretty tight on me at first...too tight actually.

Third, these gloves do look good, I will admit that; much better than the Bell. But that being said, for myself, I could care less what they look like as long as they function. To be honest, I would strip two road killed possums to my hands if I thought they would get the job done.

Forth, in all honesty, I have several pair of gloves which I paid much, much more for when they were new and I frankly cannot tell the difference in them and these less expensive ones. Despite what some may tell you, there are very few people in this world that will slow down as they pass you, scope your gloves out and then run home and tell the relatives that they saw a really cool looking bike gloves on an ancient biker and that the coolness of the gloves took 15 or 20 years off his age - looks wise. Sigh.

Fifth, these gloves wear quite well. I rotate gloves from ride to ride as I find that giving them a good drying and rest extends their life greatly; much like running shoes.

All in all, these are nice gloves with less padding than most that fit my needs perfectly.

Don Blankenship
The Ozarks
99 comments|13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon October 5, 2013
So far so good with these new gloves. I have probably gone through 20 pairs of gloves in my lifetime, as they just wear out eventually. These fit nicely, and I really like the padding on the palm. It seems nicer than so many gloves I have owned in the past. I have never had a mesh fabric on gloves before, but I love it. It's very breathable. If you've ever gotten hot hands while riding, you'll appreciate this ultra-breathable fabric. As for sizing, I am sometimes disappointed by gloves that fit too tightly or too loosely. These fit TRUE TO SIZE--just right. For the price, I don't know how you can go wrong with these gloves.
on August 24, 2010
These gloves look great, but they are sized for women. That may be inferred from the sizing chart that comes up only for women's sizes. IT SHOULD BE STATED CLEARLY IN CAPS!!!

I have large hands for a man, these gloves didn't come close to fitting me even though they were XL.

My wife has a new pair of biking gloves, which she doesn't really need, and I'm screwed until I can afford to buy another pair.

Bad deal. Get clear on your sizing!
on March 29, 2014
Good cycling gloves at a reasonable price. They are perforated for cooling. I got XL and it is just right size for me. I have average sized hands not really large so this glove may not fit a really big hand.
on July 23, 2012
These gloves are very thin and a bit small. I am female and have rather thin hands. I got the male small and they are a bit snug. Also, there is practically no padding. I only paid $5.00 so I cannot really complain, but if they had sold for the retail price of 18.99, I would have been more disappointed.

If you plan on riding on anything but the smoothest roads or for any real distance you may want to get gloves with more cushion. That said, I do use them and I do like the Brown/Cream colors.
on December 24, 2013
These aren't fancy top-of-the-line gloves, but they get the job done. There is a notable difference in how much vibration and tingling my hands get when wearing them, but of course if I ride far enough I still get it some.
on October 26, 2010
I'm a bike commuter, 12 miles per day, 4-5 days a week. I've only had these gloves for 4 months and I've worn a hole in the palm of the glove. Definitely not a good glove if you are biking in them almost every day.