Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Aventuras Primer Curso de Lengua Espanola
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on March 17, 2010
I based my decision to purchase this book on the seller's claim that it included the Supersite Code. With this publisher's textbooks, the Supersite Code is used to access additional information from the publisher's website, and can include access to assignments. In my case, I was taking a Spanish class and the instructor required us to complete on-line assignments provided by the publisher. Thus, it was necessary that I purchase a book that had Supersite access. This book was delivered promptly and the book itself was in good condition as advertised, but the Code had been used already, which meant that I had to spend more money to buy a new Code from the publisher. So this seller's claim that the Supersite Code was included with the text, while technically accurate, was actually false- yes, I got a Supersite Code, but no, I could not actually USE that code. I could have bought elsewhere for less money, and would have, had I known that the Code this seller offered was invalid. Oh well. It's possible that this seller just did not understand how the Supersite Code is supposed to work, but if it had been me, I wouldn't have included this detail in the product description without KNOWING that it was still available to my customer.
33 comments|53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 20, 2010
Most Aventuras 3rd Edition based classes have you do online homework instead of teacher graded work, and the online homework is hell. Coming from someone who's taken multiple online assisted language classes (including another spanish class with a different system) the site for this is the worst by far. Most of the assignments give you little to no context for what you're supposed to do, and on all the answers, you have to get the EXACT wording that they want. If you miss a period, accent, or even use a synonym of the word it wants, it will say your answer is wrong, with no hints at the correct wording. Working with this "supersite" I've probably spent at least three times as much time making minor changes to my wording than I have actually learning the material. I can't believe I paid so much just to access that poorly made site.

The book itself is OK. Not great in any way. If I was trying to learn spanish outside of a class, I would definitely use a different book.
on November 30, 2011
First, be careful when you purchase a book that claims to have a code to use it on the internet. This seller was very misleading and made it sound that there was a code included(it wasn't). The book was $90, and we had to pay $50 extra for the code. We were able to get a refund on the book after 4 months, but my son said the book is poorly organized and difficult to use and would not have bought it except for the fact it was required for his college Spanish class.
on July 4, 2006
There is a conspiracy out there to make it impossible to buy this book for a college course any where but at the campus stores. I have not found where you are able to purchase the workbook seperatelly. Be ware if you are getting this text book used for class your instructor may require the Workbook also and that is sold packaged at about $200.00. Having had my Workbook stollen this publisher is not making my life easy as I can not find the stupid workbook to replace it.
on January 28, 2013
Ad was misleading. I thought I was getting a textbook. But it turns out to be the workbook that goes with the textbook, which I don't need as all the activities are online. So the workbook is not really necessary unless you want to do the activities on paper first then enter your answers online.
on November 29, 2012
This is a good book if you've never taken Spanish before. However, I learned the hard way about buying a used copy. New books come with the computer code on a card inside the front cover under a black or gold "scratch-it" box. If that code box has already been scratched, then it's likely the code has been used by another student and will not work for you. It's REALLY expensive to buy the code separately, so better to find the best deal you can on a new book.
on November 30, 2012
I wish I had known beforehand that I would need an access code to complete my homework online. If you buy this book used, you will need to shell out additional cash for a new code. I ended up spending more than I would have on a brand new package. I won't make that mistake again!!

As for the book itself, I thought it was well organized and the grammar explanations were easy to follow. The fotonovela was a little cheesy.
on October 14, 2013
To be clear, this book could be good. The content on its own merits is actually quite good, but the problem is that in order to have full access to the content you need to buy the book brand new for the staggering sum of about $220, or you can buy a second hand copy and also pay the publishers a fee of $80 for access to their website, on which you'll find the audio presentations required to do some of the exercises in the book.

The greatest scandal of all however is that American colleges actually require you to do your graded homework on the Vista website, meaning that if you do not agree to the extortionate sum of money the publisher demands for website access you cannot get a good grade in your course or even have access to the full range of the course. This is a racket plain and simple; cronyism incarnate, with students' money flowing directly into the pockets or the coffers of the higher ups in Universities . It's despicable and deeply corrupt and it makes me want to spit in the face of the dean of the college I am in.

I thank the seller for a great price and prompt delivery.
on January 3, 2015
We don't get to choose books for school, so this wasn't a calculated purchase. That being said, I had no major complaints with the book. It presented the content in a logical way. The online portion was pretty good, and it is very much up to your teacher as to how picky they are with the grading.
on May 23, 2013
I thought this book would be enough to learn Spanish independently. But I came to discover that if you really want the most out of this book, you would also need the online materials as well. The good part though, is that the online access code lasts about 3 years from what I heard ^^.