Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

Size: 4 1/4 InChange

on January 30, 2010
I design and make my own cards using a digital camera, software, and an HP ink jet printer. I have used these cards exclusively for several years. The printed cards always look good. There are two cards per sheet, and envelopes are included. You will need to plan on printing an even number of cards. You can't print just one card.
55 comments35 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 16, 2011
I'm extremely pleased with this product! High quality, vibrant color, and it's convenient to have the envelopes included. I'm so glad to be free from the folding and cutting/trimming that characterized my print projects before finding these! They are extremely easy to separate: just gently fold the paper in half forward, then backward, and after the 3rd or 4th fold they separate cleanly.

I only rated it a 4 because there are 2 important things to note, and they weren't really obvious upon first use:

1. Save yourself a few headaches by NOT bleeding your design to the short edge of the finished card (i.e., the edge that meets the other card on the sheet). After fighting with my printer for a while, I discovered that the perforations were just the slightest bit off center (about 1/8 inch): so my top cards were perfect but I had to trim the bottom ones.

2. The cards are designed to bend in one direction, so make sure you print the 2 outsides together on the side of the paper that has the scoring. The card folds effortlessly in the correct direction, but if you mix this up your cards will look different form each other and the edges will be slightly off.

If it's hard for you to picture these 2 points, then just test with one sheet and you'll see exactly what I mean! :-)

Once you get these two things right, you're all set to print some beautiful cards! All in all, this is a great product and I'll definitely buy it again.
22 comments24 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 22, 2009
I've printed dozens and dozens of my own greeting cards using multiple boxes of Avery Inkjet Note Cards (template 8315) using an Epson R1800 photo printer. You get 60 matte-finish white greeting cards and 60 white envelopes in a box. The cards can be printed on BOTH front/back matte surfaces with equally fine results!

These Avery greeting cards are a perfect thickness to offer a real quality feel. I take photography very seriously, and these cards do an excellent job at reproducing photos. I still have a test card that I printed in 2005 and the photo looks just as vivid and sharp today as the day I printed it - a perfect match for Epson archival inks.

I only wish that Epson photo printers were nearly as mechanically reliable as these cards are for printed photos!

Highly recommended!!
11 comment19 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon August 1, 2010
These are very good quality cards that can be printed for any purpose - Thank You, Invitation, X-mas cards etc. etc. Although the box says that they are for inkjet printers, I have used them in Dell, Brother & Samsung laser printers without any problem.

But I did need to download the template from the Microsoft Office web site. The template also works for iWork & Pages in Mac - just open the template from the File menu in Pages. Then I found out that Avery has software providing templates for all its products at its web site. The software is DesignPro for Mac and Wizard for Microsoft Office on Windows and is available for free download at Avery web site. As of July each card and envelope comes to about 28 cents a card. Not bad.

Bottom line - good product, saves from running to store each time you need a different kind of card and then you can also customize the card.
on January 23, 2003
This is an easy-to-use product for making invitations, announcements, or note cards - all custom made with photos, text, clip-art, etc. After printing, they separate cleanly for a professional, store-bought look. A super tool for making your printer earn its keep!
on October 7, 2009
I volunteered to create and print a bunch of thank you cards for a local non-profit after a fund raiser. The cards looked beautiful and professional - printed words and pictures were crisp and clean. I almost bought a less expensive brand, but decided to go with the Avery because of reputation, and I'm happy that I did.
on December 30, 2009
I've used these note cards for several years and am very happy with how my photos look on them, when I remember to use the correct paper setting on my printer.
on November 29, 2000
I create custom adoption announcements and use these cards exclusively. Easy to use, nice weight card stock. Highly recommend!
on January 30, 2010
I printed up 40 sets of 8 notecards, using Photoshop Elements. The quality was great, the stock allowed vibrant colors (I do a lot of nature photos). For the money - it is a great deal. Only cost me $2.50 per gift, and that included buying boxes to put the cards in at another website. I plan buy more in the future.
on January 29, 2009
Avery notecard stock is great, always consistent and good quality. My experience with Shoplet through Amazon was excellent; super fast shipping and unbeatable price!