1,414 Reviews

6,651 of 6,895 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Changing my tune
I was originally going to rate this only 1 star. You see, I'm a big girl and I can only squeeze about 53% of myself into this binder. But then I decided that I'm not going to worry about the other 47%.
Published on October 18, 2012 by Amazon Customer

9,176 of 9,528 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars One Missing Bit of Information You Might Want To Know
For any of you who might be considering, like me, purchasing this binder based on the reviews, let me just point out one glaring omission: While this is a lovely, multi-purpose binder, IT DOES NOT COME WITH WOMEN. Presumably one is expected to find women on one's own, or contact women's groups who are supposedly eager to help stock your empty binder with women...
Published on October 18, 2012 by PenName220

6,651 of 6,895 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Changing my tune, October 18, 2012
This review is from: Avery Durable View Binder with 2-Inch Slant Ring, Holds 8.5 x 11-Inch Paper, White, 1 Binder (17032) (Office Product)

13,082 of 13,582 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars A presidential candidate's choice is the choice for me, October 17, 2012
As a woman, I'm not adept at making decisions that concern me. So when I need the right choice, I turn to the presidential candidate that KNOWS. One with prideful experience in this department. I don't want to be filed away in an inferior & confusing electronic doohickey that I couldn't possibly understand. Or heaven forbid, have a man ask for & listen to my ideas! I'd much rather rely on this top of the line, 1980s style, Avery Durable binder. It's the choice America can trust. My education, my ideas, my opinions, my choices, please PLEASE keep them safely stored away here and far away from the men that might fear them (I mean, want to use them to hire me somedaynever). I'd write more about this most useful product, but it's time I hurry home to make dinner.

9,176 of 9,528 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars One Missing Bit of Information You Might Want To Know, October 18, 2012

For a first time buyer like myself, I have to say I would rather have waited until I had accumulated a few women before investing in a binder. Just a little warning for prospective buyers.

8,352 of 8,682 people found the following review helpful
2.0 out of 5 stars Not as useful as the Trap Her, Keep Her, October 17, 2012
Maybe it's just my women, but they don't seem to want to fit into the space I've designated for them in this binder. They keep sticking out over the edges, even getting away in some cases. I thought using clear, glass-ceiling page protectors would help, but it doesn't seem to slow them down anymore.

I'm going to have to resort to more severe three-hole punching, to keep my women in line. And maybe switch to the Trap Her, Keep Her.

5,828 of 6,066 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, I feel secure!, October 17, 2012
LeeBo (Raleigh, NC) - See all my reviews
As a wife and mother, I LOVE this binder. It keeps me in my place, allows me to get dinner ready on time, AND only costs 72% of the more masculine version. Some people might think it's sexist, but sheesh, I'm not binding my feet, just my brain. Extra bonus, if you sit on it just right, it can act as an effective method of birth control! Full disclosure: I submitted this under my husband's account, with his full permission. He is the head of our household, and the owner of the binder.

3,563 of 3,717 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a Binder Mom, October 18, 2012
I'm proud to say that I'm in this binder. I've spend 20 years working my way up from Walmart mom to soccer mom, and finally, I've hit the glass ceiling. I'm a binder mom! I highly recommend this binder I'm in, but be aware that if you purchase it, you must be flexible and let me put a ham in the oven by 5. Otherwise, my kids might resort to gun violence.

4.0 out of 5 stars Extra Large available? And does it come with tabs?, October 18, 2012
My boss has asked me to research the binders that Mittens referenced in the debate the other night. Based on the reviews, this is CLEARLY the Binder he is looking for, but I have a few questions.

1. First, do these binders come in extra large? Most of the women in my office are "plus size"(over 98 pounds) and there is some concern that they all won't fit in.

2. Does the binder come with tabs so that we can organize more carefully which of the women we hire need the "flexible scheduling" so that they can get dinner on the table for their husbands or perform other wifely duties. If not, do you sell tabs pre-labeled with the following categories "Need to leave by 4 PM", "Has no life and only needs to leave by 9 PM to make sure the cats are fed", "Available for illicit affair", "Available for actual work only", "Has ambitions above her station as a woman.", "Content with working for 72 cents on the dollar"?

3. As we go into the fall season, many of the women are expressing concern about the color of the Binder. White after labor day is just a fashion disaster so they were hoping for a nice plum or perhaps goldenrod color. Is this possible?

4. How many women does the manufacturer recommend is the maximum for this Binder and does the size matter? (see question 1). Also, if we need several binders, can we get a quantity discount or free shipping?

5. Do you have binders that come pre-loaded with women in them? If so, do they have variety? Is it just a sample pack of each type? Do you have refill packs available?

1,782 of 1,864 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Now I know how I got my job!!! My boss has a binder, too!!!, October 18, 2012
I watched the Presidential debate on Tuesday. I didn't understand most of it, but I loved what that one guy said about his binders full of women. Those ladies were so lucky! I work for an asset management firm which tends to be a male-dominated industry. I have long wondered, as a woman, how I managed to get hired at my firm when there were surely many more qualified men. Could my boss have a binder, too?

On Wednesday, my boss called me and said, "Hun, would you come down to my office?" "Yes, sir!" I eagerly rushed down. Sitting on top of his desk, next to a box of golf balls and his "World's Greatest Boss" figurine (here's a little secret - we girls think he bought it for himself! Teehee!), was this beautiful Avery Durable View binder. You can see in the product photo that there is that dumb-looking piece of paper stuck underneath the front cover. Boring! My boss removed that, and replaced it with a pink piece of paper that said "Greg's Girls." It was so pretty! The letters were in cursive, written with a fuchsia marker. There were stickers of flowers and hearts on it, too. He saw me gazing at it with wonder, and he said with a shy smile, "My secretary designed the cover."

I was so happy to finally have all my questions answered, right in this wondrous binder. "Can I touch it?" I whispered. "Yes, and if there is anything you don't understand, just ask, sweetheart."

I held my breath as I flipped through the pages, until I found a tab with my name. The first page was a photo of me taken from my Facebook profile. Beside it, someone wrote a couple of notes: "Looks pleasant enough." "Would she consider losing 10 pounds?" Now I understand why my boss always asks me to get coffee from the place 5 blocks away, rather than from the one in our building. He's so funny!

1,534 of 1,604 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Ode to a binder, October 18, 2012
I think that I shall never see
A binder lovelier than thee.
Full of women's names, the best
binder clutched against my breast;
This binder makes me feel like God,
When hiring gals for less-pay jobs,
A binder that my staff holds close,
Filled with women who can vote;
On whose careers we men have stood,
richer, `cause, well, `cause we could.
Poems are made by fools like me,
But only Avery ...
made this really useful binder.

With apologies to Joyce Kilmer.

2,269 of 2,376 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Finally Feel Safe at Home, October 18, 2012
Wow, this binder has really changed my life. Before I was always trying to fit into the corporate world. I wanted things like equal pay, safety from sexual harassment and the right to have health care coverage for birth control. But after purchasing this binder I feel totally put in my place. Now I know from the safety of my binder that men are much more capable of making these kinds of decisions for me. I obviously do not deserve equal pay because I am always asking for special accommodations, like leaving early to make dinner for my children- which is in no way, under any circumstances, a man's responsibility. Women are the one's who always cook dinner, every night. Asking to leave early for this purpose is a fair reason to pay us less for the same exact work. Also, sexual harassment I learned is actually just a man's way of showing his affection for me and reminding me of my weakness and inability to care for myself. Finally, birth control is in no way a right. Women are the vessels in which men plant their seed, from the safety of my binder I can be available for procreation at all times. I am so grateful for my binder. The world is such a simpler place from in here. It also has the added bonus of helping me control my emotions and preventing me from making irrational decisions like voting. 5 stars, Amazon!