1,344 Reviews

6,599 of 6,816 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Changing my tune
I was originally going to rate this only 1 star. You see, I'm a big girl and I can only squeeze about 53% of myself into this binder. But then I decided that I'm not going to worry about the other 47%.
Published 18 months ago by Kefsmom

9,133 of 9,451 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars One Missing Bit of Information You Might Want To Know
For any of you who might be considering, like me, purchasing this binder based on the reviews, let me just point out one glaring omission: While this is a lovely, multi-purpose binder, IT DOES NOT COME WITH WOMEN. Presumably one is expected to find women on one's own, or contact women's groups who are supposedly eager to help stock your empty binder with women...
Published 18 months ago by PenName220

5.0 out of 5 stars Strongly recommended, and not recommended, October 19, 2012
This review is from: Avery Durable View Binder with 2-Inch Slant Ring, Holds 8.5 x 11-Inch Paper, White, 1 Binder (17032) (Office Product)
This binder is superb. However, it's a terrible binder.

As I was saying, it's superb. I can't understand these reviewers who refer to it as "terrible". I want to be perfectly clear: it's not very good. In fact, I would describe it as excellent. Although I would not use a word like "excellent", and I wish Amazon would stop lying and claiming that I used a word like that to describe this awful binder. The truth is, this top-of-the-line binder is a poor option. It has shoddy workmanship, exceptional quality, and a downright average construction. You won't find a better binder on the market, except for all the others, because this one is the best, unless by best you mean "best", which I certainly did not. That's just not true, it's just not true.

You'll get a chance to write your review in a moment. I'm still writing.

In conclusion, I do not support this binder, except for the parts of it that I like. Those parts I will keep, obviously. It would take too much time to list all those parts.

However, I will probably have a different opinion tomorrow.

1,292 of 1,356 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced, October 17, 2012
This binder is only 72% as good as a binder full of men. It should only cost 72% as much! Doesn't this binder know it's place? It totally shouldn't get guaranteed contraceptive care and a right to privacy. What the heck is this little binder thinking?

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for men, too!, October 19, 2012
I am 50 years old and I recently became aware that there are men in the workforce. I thought it would be a good idea to hire a few for the sake of political correctness and future political viability.

Despite being a businesswoman for decades, I didn't personally know any males who were qualified for positions other than... well, you know what positions they're good for. I thought, "Hey, what if I asked the US Chamber of Commerce or steroid manufacturers to find me some men to fill quotas within my company?"

So I did, and long story short, I'm happy to report that they filled my binder with man beef extraordinaire! I hired several of these men and they did an acceptable job. To my credit, I was flexible. Some of my male employees had to leave by five to go home and service their women. Being a woman myself, I permitted it. They have a role in society, after all, and I couldn't selfishly ignore that fact.

1,678 of 1,768 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps me in line, husband happy!, October 17, 2012
MTFF "Sonic Woman" (Santa Barbara, USA) - See all my reviews
My husband says I'm "all over the place", especially during my lady-time when I can become irrational and emotional, not to mention unreliable in the leaks and unpleasant odor department. When I'm rushing home from my job, where my boss is kind enough to allow me to come in at 6am so I leave in time to make dinner, I tend to forget what it was I was supposed to be cooking, although you could say that is because I am not logical and qualified enough to do two things at once. Family harmony was threatened by my general inability to make good judgements and not be able to find Cabinets, so my lovely man thoughtfully bought this binder and he clips me into it whenever things get out of hand. We're all SO much happier. It's very sturdy and comfortingly dark when closed tightly and stuffed into the back of a dusty drawer. Also, our daughter had some uppity ideas about controlling her own reproductive system so he shoved her in here until after the election. I like it when he does that because now I have someone to discuss recipes with while we're 'on file'!
Win all around. Save your marriage! Rush out and buy one.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for the silently frustrated smaller, high voiced worker, October 18, 2012
I bought this binder for my boss of 15 years, hoping he might put me in it. He seems to overlook me, though, even when I stand very close to the binder and suggestively angle myself so that it would be very easy to slide me on in. Although I am more than qualified for a management position, he seems to only choose people who are taller than I am, with deeper voices and more whiskery faces. Many of these tall whiskery people have been trained by me. This morning, when I brought him his coffee, the binder looked almost like a mouth, with its bright insides like teeth. For a minute I could have sworn I heard it whispering to me that its durability renders it suitable for inflicting physical trauma. It was disturbing and I had to leave the office immediately but I cannot stop thinking about it and its sharp metal EZ-turn rings.

So, in sum, the binder is probably pretty good if it gets used. Otherwise, it is just going to break your heart and/or cause trouble and I recommend avoiding it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't hold my off-shore statements but not all bad, October 18, 2012
I was very disappointed since this binder can't hold all my off-shore statements from Switzerland, nor the Cayman Islands. Moreover, I can only get two years tax returns in the binder as well. Bummer. Also, I noticed that the only way the statements could be read was to sprinkle lemon juice on the pages wherein the numbers, graphs and figures would magically appear for a period of only ten minutes. When they disappeared, I called the help line to see where they went. I was told that off-shore statements are often automatically backed up and sent to the planet Kolob ([...]) where they can never again be seen by living beings. Not sure if this is true, but assuming the binders came from China, we know they have made great strides in partnering with anyone if they can make a buck, so it's quite possible.

Despite my disappointment in general, I don't want to sound TOO negative. On the plus side, I was able to get all the various position statements of the presidential candidates in the binder. I was especially pleased to see that it held the 1/3 of the binder devoted to Obama's position on each topic and the 2/3 devoted to Romney's positions on each topic. This was challenging since Romney has taken two contradictory decisions on almost every important topic. The positions on abortion and contraception alone challenged the design of the binder but somehow I was able to make them fit.

On a happier note, I gotta run and fire people. As Mr. Romney says, "I love to fire people." I'm with you, Mittens.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Binder I've ever been kept in!, October 17, 2012
This binder is great. I love being kept in it. As a single mother, it helps to keep me from being concerned about my children and their guns and being paid less than the men I work with. It even protects me from being forcibly raped. I can't wait until they add my kitchen to it, then like a turtle, I'll never have to leave it, unless they outsource it. Thanks Mitt Romney for putting me in my place.

5.0 out of 5 stars I didn't need an abortion, all I needed was this binder!, October 17, 2012
I thought I needed control of my reproductive choices. It turns out all I needed was this awesome binder! When it came time to give birth to my child conceived from "illegitimate" rape ("one method of conception," you know), I had no where to go. With no health insurance, no hospital would take me in. This binder provided me with a safe place to give birth. It's spacious, plastic, and comfortable. I like to think of it as a my tiny manger, a haven for homeless mother. I'm so relieved that my rape baby was a girl. That way she can happily live in my binder with me until the day she has to go to prison. Since there's no Joseph in the picture for me, I know my my child will be a criminal. I'll miss her, but that's ok because once they cut food stamps, we'll have to eat the plastic coating on this binder. She'll get better food in prison. I dream of the day my daughter is illegimately raped herself, and I'll become a grandmother. Once my daughter is in prison, there will be plenty of room for me and my grandbaby in this binder. It's great being a woman! I sure love my binder!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Happy At All...., October 18, 2012
Honestly, I'm seriously considering contacting the Better Business Bureau about Mitt Romney's advertising claims. After watching the latest presidential debate, I happily ordered this binder from Amazon. Yesterday evening, just after my wife had finished washing the dinner dishes, taking out the garbage, getting our infant triplets to sleep, spaying the cat, neutering the dog, and polishing my bowling ball, I spring this wonderful (I thought) surprise on her. However, she refused to get into this binder! Not only that, but she suggested I jam this binder up my......well, I can't repeat such language on a family web site. Let's just say I was extremely disappointed.

Oh well, once Mr. Romney replaces that facist/socialist Obama as president, I'm pretty sure all our uppity women-folk will be put into their proper place, even if that place isn't this binder.

1.0 out of 5 stars This Binder Is Garbage.. All LIES!!!, October 17, 2012
JOliver (Tampa Bay Area, Florida) - See all my reviews
I tend to take what a presidential candidate has to say seriously, so when Mitt Romney said he had a binder full of women, I was in awe. Ever since my employer changed my hours so that I could come into work 5am and get home in time to get the kids off the bus, do homework, and fix dinner, I haven't seen much of my husband. His hours are those crazy normal working hours and I have been so lost without him being around to make decisions for me. A binder full of women sounded like the perfect solution to my dilemma, I could just flip through the pages and find someone qualified enough to help cook dinner and do the laundry, maybe even clean a few toilets.

When UPS showed up at the door with that amazing brown box with the black happy smile on the side, my heart skipped a beat. The wait was over, I would finally have a binder full of qualified women to meet my every need!!! I tore open that box, grabbed the binder and... are you joshing me? There are no women?! the binder was empty!

I laid there on the floor for hours, sobbing, crying my eyes out, not knowing where to go, who to turn to. I had no one qualified enough to tell me what to do next. I tried to get up and make my way to the front door but one of my shoes were untied and I just couldn't figure out to fix that. I kept tripping over and over and over again, I didn't think I was going to make it. Just when I had given up all hope, my husband came home from his shift of normal working hours and rescued me. He tied that shoe.... he tied that shoe good and I was able to walk again without falling on my face, hallelujah! He even forgave me for being out of bed past my bedtime!

But despite how fortunate I was to have my man come home just in time to figure things out for me, I can't forget about the fact that I wouldn't have gone through all this if I didn't rely on the not so truthful words of Mitt Romney. Actually, I can bet $10,000 on it.

ARRAY(0xa8dea840)