Designed for light use, according to the ring design chart - these binders will hold 175 sheets, but I think 150 sheets work much better to facilitate easy page flipping

Published 6 months ago by InfoFish

3.0 out of 5 stars Average quality; Don't overload and it's OK
Published 5 months ago by pseudonym

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Lower cost economy binder - not designed for industrial/heavy use - Great Cover/Spine inserts and inside cover folder pockets., August 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

A great feature of this binder is that the rings are offset from the spine, making it easier to open and flip pages. The other features I appreciate include the covers allow you to slip in your own artwork or pictures. Ditto for the spine. Each inside cover has a plastic half folder. These half pockets on the inside covers are much more useful than I initially realized. I use them to hold stuff that doesn't go into the three holes but really belongs to the binder, like an adjunct poster, or brochures.

I use the outside of the binder to hold my sons class schedule that I have laminated. Slip it right in and I printed & laminated one out for each binder, so he at least will always know where he SHOULD be (whether or not he actually gets there is a whole other review...).

5.0 out of 5 stars A staple in my house, August 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love these binders, and my kids have used them for years because they love the way you can put your own picture on the cover. My oldest is very hard on his stuff and these might last a whole year before he destroys it, but the other 2 are more typical in their treatment of school supplies and this item can last them a few years. I think there is a more 'heavy duty' version of this item, but these work well too. I like how the rings inside are slanted so the paper lays flat. There are 2 plastic pockets on the inside. You can even customize the spine, as well as the front and back. (but the back has rivets, so it is harder to put in a picture but still works fine). Basic binder, in basic white. Currently my daughter has a photo of kittens and hers and my son has a photo of an airplane. They love to customize their binders every year! I really like this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Always a Favorite!, September 5, 2014
TheProf (Birmingham, AL, USA) - See all my reviews
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love Avery 1 inch binders. They are top quality, durable, and so easy to open and close. I use them all the time to organize my papers and I like being able to slip my own designs into the cover and spine. I'm not generally carrying these out and about; they return to my shelves when I am finished so the lightweight quality are great for me. In addition, I love Amazon's Frustration Free packaging...no need to worry about unnecessary packaging.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice binders., August 25, 2014
Frogsong (Squaw Valley, CA) - See all my reviews
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are nice little binders. I print out a lot of knitting and sewing patterns and I'm always needing binders to store them all in. These binders are perfect for that. I love that I can place whatever I want inside the covers and make them unique.
These are the economy binders, but I think they are fairly well made. They seem sturdy enough for what I want to use them for and the price isn't too bad for a set of 4.

3.0 out of 5 stars Average quality; Don't overload and it's OK, September 3, 2014
pseudonym (Northeast USA) - See all my reviews
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a standard 1 inch plastic-covered cardboard loose-leaf binder with the usual type of toothed interlocked rings. Certain more expensive models have an improved ring-locking mechanism which is less likely to catch on individual sheets of paper. That said, this binder should be OK as long as I don't add too many sheets of paper to it; I would say 100 should be the limit rather than the stated 175.

4.0 out of 5 stars I Prefer Heavy Duty Binders, August 31, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've used and reviewed a number of binders in the past. These are among the more, how do I put it, "economical" binders, yet, still cost more than I feel they should. (Maybe they really deserve a 3-star rating for that-I'll have to think it over.) If I were to invest in binders and try to get my money's worth, I believe I would look into these: Avery Heavy-Duty View Binder with 1-Inch One Touch EZD Ring, Gray (79409). Yes, they are more expensive but they'll last you longer (they also come as a 4 pack).

I will also admit I have a preference for D-rings over round rings for the main reason that papers stay where they need to stay. As a teacher, I don't request D-rings, only view binders (where you can put your own papers in the front, back and sides of the cover). Great for personalization.

These are good binders as long as your student (or you, if they are meant for you) don't abuse your binders. If you do, go heavy duty. You might even get more than another year's worth out of it!

1.0 out of 5 stars False advertising -- read the description carefully, January 14, 2015
K. Larson (Minneapolis, MN USA) - See all my reviews
If you're looking for cheap round-ring binders, these are OK however you can find them cheaper in most office supply or warehouse than even the gold-box pricing.

As advertised, this is another Amazon bait-and-switch scam. The deal special describes them as 1.5 inch slant-ring binders (see the photo.) But they are not! They are the cheap round-ring binders. It is false advertising! It gives you the option of adding it directly to your cart without verifying the detailed description. I've purchased items like this and have been ripped-off by false advertising. I know... buyer beware. But Amazon should know better than to keep trying this sleazy tactic.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed. I didn't send them back because I needed ..., September 26, 2014
I have been buying the Avery Economy View Binders for years. They have been increasingly difficult to find in retail stores. I purchased the notebooks from Amazon, but when I received them, they did not have the same label that are on the one's in the stores, in fact there was no label on the spine of the notebook. They did not appear to be of the same quality as the one's that I purchase in the retail stores. I purchased one in a retail store after purchasing from Amazon and I just don't think they are the same notebook. Very disappointed. I didn't send them back because I needed them! They are okay, but I would have preferred them to look just like the one's I purchase from retail establishments.

2.0 out of 5 stars and bend very easily., February 15, 2015
The binders were not very rigid. They were almost cardboard weight, and bend very easily.

4.0 out of 5 stars Binders Suitable for Light Use--We Use for Shelf Storage of Paper Files That Are Rarely Consulted, September 4, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It's Avery so you can expect a certain degree of quality. However, it is also economy so it's for light use--very light use. It holds about 150-175 pages of letter sized or smaller paper . I opt for the lower number. We keep most of our files electronically, but certain documents need to be retained for a time in hard copy, so we buy these binders for this use. They get pulled down only a couple of times a month at most. The clear plastic pockets on the outside allow me to slide information sheets in the front and a piece of stock with the client's name into the back.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›