5.0 out of 5 stars Coated stock is back, and it's the best . . .
Published on October 30, 2008 by mj

2.0 out of 5 stars Thin, flimsy card stock
I've tested many ink jet cards since I make and sell my own greeting cards.

Avery used to have a great product almost ten years ago- a print to the edge glossy greeting card. Loved them, but for some reason they discontinued it.

Published on June 10, 2011 by A. D. Hill

5.0 out of 5 stars Coated stock is back, and it's the best . . ., October 30, 2008
mj "mjSVCA" (Silicon Valley, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Avery Personal Creations Textured Heavyweight Note Card and Envelopes, 4-1/4 x 5-1/2, 50 per Box (3379) (Office Product)
. . . for creating a brilliantly colored greeting card on your ink jet printer. This card stock is heavy-weight and has a matte coating on both sides -- no bleeding through on your back-to-back printed cards. The new chroma-based inks -- or other high-quality inks developed by your printer manufacturer -- works perfectly on this stock. I tend to use large areas of color in many of my card projects and I love the rich colors that I am able to show off with these cards. Years ago, 3M was producing some of the best card stock for greeting cards. Their top-of-the-line stock was coated and it gave great results. After 3M left the printing materials market, it was impossible to find coated stock due to environmental concerns. I am so glad paper manufacturers were able to resolve any issues with the coating material. Avery, my new Canon PIXMA printer, and an almost OK greeting card software package help me to produce some very nice products; thanks Avery.

2.0 out of 5 stars Thin, flimsy card stock, June 10, 2011
I've tested many ink jet cards since I make and sell my own greeting cards.

I wanted to try these but was disappointed to learn, after I bought them at Staples, that they are not a typical card stock weight, but more like perforated paper. Also, because they're perforated it does leave a rough edge after you separate the cards. It would be nice if they could make these with the same non-perforated edges used for their clean edge business cards (which I love.)

If you want note cards for personal use and you don't mind the less than "real" card quality, these will probably work for you. If you want a professional presentation of your art or photography I recommend going with a heavier card stock that doesn't have perforated edges.

4.0 out of 5 stars Avery 3379 Note cards, April 3, 2009
Cards were easy to use, after alignment was set properly. Images were crisp and sharp on finished product. When separated there were no ragged edges. Love them and would recommend them for homemade cards that look professionally made.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lower quality than expected, February 16, 2009
DHO (NOLA, United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this product because it was the only note-card stationary I would get overnight with prime.

I was dismayed to find the paper was much thinner than expected and that it came in perforated sheets. The perforations and thickness of the paper make a less than impressive stationary.

Pros: Good for do-it-yourself cards. Ideal for printing out multiple cards at once. Includes envelops
Cons: A bit 'cheap' for important Thanks Yous, Invitations. The heavyweight in the description is false advertising. It's medium-weight at best.

4.0 out of 5 stars Made great invitations, September 12, 2009
I bought these note cards for my mother so she could make baby shower invites for me. They ended up technically beyond her level (not because it's at all hard, there are templates and everything, but because her technical level pretty much extends to freecell and e-mail) so I made the invites. They turned out great - I used a template in Publisher (because I'm familiar with publisher) but I believe you can get them in word and probably google documents too. Printed really well and went out in the mail.

1.0 out of 5 stars not what I was looking for, October 12, 2012
This paper, despite its name, is not heavyweight at all. It's very thin and when using an Epson Stylus Pro 4900, it wraps slightly under the weight of the ink even when using the best setting for this type of paper. Slightly, because it's not out of control, but enough that the end product is not clean enough to be presentable.

The templates for this product are only available for Microsoft Word and Apple Pages. No photoshop, or any other Adobe products.

I now hope to be able to use it for collages, but afraid that the glue and matte medium will prove too much for it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gets the Job Done, April 22, 2012
I purchased this Note Card/Envelope set to print my own college graduation announcements created in Photoshop. The stock is not as heavy as I'd imagined, and a bit translucent, but still has an impressive matte texture.

For those who are confused about the 4.25 x 5.5 in. dimension for each card, the entire sheet (2 cards per sheet) is the same size as a standard 8.5 x 11 in. sheet of copy paper. Split that into half as markers in Photoshop, and you'll easily be able to center and format media on each side. What's also great about this format is you can print drafts on standard copy paper BEFORE using this product.

This stock handles black/grey scale just fine at 300 DPI, but requires much more ink to properly handle colors (due to the texture). The paper is also pre-perforated to separate both cards on the sheet, but I don't recommend using it. You'll most likely rip the card incorrectly, its pretty delicate. Use an actual paper cutter instead, and take your time.

Overall, it's a good product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Satisfied Customer, October 16, 2010
I design and print note cards and I order these Avery Note Cards from Amazon. Currently, they have been selling them for a good price compared to office supply stores in my town. I have used these cards for several years and am very pleased with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the Job, December 17, 2010
Karen Camloh (Beautiful Buffalo, NY USA) - See all my reviews
Purchased Wednesday, delivered Friday, printed Friday... this paper captured the colors in my design perfectly and its texture enhances the whole image. I printed a very light, full-bleed image with gradual and subtle darkness around the edges (whites/pinks/yellows/golds) and I am thrilled with the results. I'm the type who makes the best of what I have, and I have only an HP Office Jet 6200. I've had it since 2005, and I have to give it credit - but it is not the ideal printer for an artist or designer. But the paper, the paper is perfect: the scores are subtle. The tear-score allows for tearing the sheet in half easily and leaves almost no sign of perforation. The fold-score is easy to find and easy to fold. Envelopes are of good quality which is a bonus. I printed only on the non-scored side (practically indeterminable) and printed 15 sheets for 30 cards. Looks like I WILL get my Christmas cards out in time!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice paper, January 7, 2009
These notecards have nice texture and color that print attractive cards. The drawback is the lack of templates and page setups for my verson of Microsoft Publisher (2003). I create original designs with Publisher. To print on these notecards, I have to go through a tedious process to transfer the images to Word, which does work with this Avery product. Microsoft Publisher is a popular software for making greeting cards and note paper, and Avery is a popular brand of blank papers. They should work together. Maybe this has been corrected with a later version of Publisher. Also sometimes the envelopes do not seal well. But I like the cards enough to put up with their shortcomings.

Rate and Discover Movies