4.0 out of 5 stars Professional appearance
I love the print to the edge feature on these. They looked great when finished and very professional. It was hard using the Avery template in Word, it just took a little longer to adjust. I didn't use the ties it came with because I thought they looked cheap, so I tied them with ribbon instead and it looked great.
Published 6 months ago by Mindy

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing results
Published 22 months ago by MHGibson

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing results, September 22, 2012
I've been working with Avery labels as an admin assistant for over 20 years. Most of the time the templates and products are very reliable. While these printable tags are a good idea on paper, they just don't work well with the printer. They're not for inkjets and laser printers aren't fond of the card stock. If you have to put the labels through a printer twice, they will begin perforating on you and that's just a big old mess. Honestly, it was easier for me to use the template, print them out on my own card stock and then cut them out with scissors. More time consuming, but the result was better.

1.0 out of 5 stars These labels suck, December 4, 2012
This review is from: Avery Printable Tags with Strings for Inkjet Printers, 2 x 3.5-Inches, Pack of 96 Tags (22802) (Office Product)
I used the avery software to create these labels. That part was easy enough. However, no matter what I tried these labels did not line up. I tried all the trouble shooting steps and they did not work. This has been an issue with avery products for years. I will not be using them again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Product itself is great, but creating labels can be a challenge, November 28, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was very excited to find this product because I was already creating my own tags for baked good and care package items by finding free templates online and printing them to heavy paper and card stock. I loved the sound of this product because I knew that I could punch the labels out rather than having to cut the painstakingly with a scissors.

I liked that right out of the box they had a substantial feel to them (like a standard weight card stock). The strings themselves are pretty standard with little flare, but lock making them perfect for price tags. However, because they are not attached, you can also swap them out for colored ribbon, yarn, or string, which I've been doing. I would give 5 stars for the product itself. Though I do somewhat wish it had a glossy finish to it, though I have no idea whether that would make it smudge when printed on.

What is dragging this review down to 3 stars is the experience of actually creating the tags. Avery does provide ample templates online, including some with graphics already included. However, all the templates are in Microsoft Word, which I don't find to be very user friendly for this type of thing. When you are just making standard address labels it is perfectly sufficient, but when you're making branded products like a tag it's not very easy to drag and drop graphics and do different treatments. In addition, some of the files, when opened on my computer were all messed up - text and images were hanging off the label and all over the place. Basically, you have to expect to spend sometime creating these if you want them to look professional and a beginning understanding of Microsoft word is needed.

Edited to add: I finally found the online interface thanks to some helpful commenters. I found it MUCH more user friendly than the word downloads, but I was pretty disapointed with the templates available. Everything seemed a bit outdated and clipart friendly which seemed like a shame to me since I have found great free printables elsewhere on the net (they just don't work with this template). I expected a bit more since these are billed as products for small business owners.

I think they'd be much better off if they created their own software program or had an online interface for customizing labels, rather than trying to use a program that really wasn't meant for involved design. At the very least, it would be nice if they offered files that could be opened in a program like Photoshop.I also think some of the graphics and styles available don't look as polished as what you can already find at craft stores or patterns available on blogs and sites like Martha Stewart.

Overall, I think this product is a great idea, I think it is just a shame that the interface to create the labels isn't more user friendly. I'm hoping that as I spend more time playing around with these I will get better at it, but for now, it seems like there is a bit of a learning curve to create something that realizes my vision.

4.0 out of 5 stars Professional appearance, December 31, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and look great!, August 27, 2013
We use these tags for seasonal products and they work extremely well.

- They are a nice size (not huge like shipping tags)
- The tags are made from a sturdy paper (but not quite as sturdy as card stock)
- They take color printing very, very well
- The snap-lock strings securely fasten the tags to the items
- The Avery template is actually pretty simple to use (initially it takes a tiny bit of patience but once you start, you're on your way!)

I would have given it 5-stars instead of 4-stars if it was just a little easier to remove the tags from the sheets after they were printed. Kind of a pain in the neck - but it's a minor quibble.

Overall, these are well worth it - easy to use and they really look good.

1.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to use, February 20, 2014
These completely fall apart in an inkjet printer, because by the time you run them through twice to print on the front and back, they're falling apart and creating paper jams. They also didn't always want to print out straight and the designs would shift on the page. I also HATE the Avery Design and Print online site. I will never buy these again unless I have no other options.

1.0 out of 5 stars Holy Jesus, the most frustrating office product EVER., February 12, 2014
Melissa Harris (Nashville, TN United States) - See all my reviews
In the future I think I'll just order free business cards from vistaprint and punch my own holes! Unlike other reviewers, I found the tags to line up perfectly the first time. My big problem came with PRINTING the labels. I had to babysit each page as it went through my printer, getting stuck several times per page. I tried putting a page on top of a stack of plain paper, taking all the plain paper away, putting a stack of labels in at once, everything. After my third destroyed sheet (you get 36), I applied for a return from amazon. What a NIGHTMARE. I think my problem was that the perforations were TOO good - the printer was bending and tearing them in the printing process. Never again, Avery!

4.0 out of 5 stars good product, January 23, 2014
These tags work well. They didn't jam my inkjet printer, and the perforations separate neatly, for a clean, professional look. I feel the retail price is a bit high for only 40 sheets, but over all, it's a good product.

5.0 out of 5 stars It fits the Avery program in Windows, January 13, 2014
I downloaded the Avery program into my Microsoft Windows word. The printer does line up with the label sheet well. I am happy with the final printout. I like the packet of strings that come with the label. I can easily tie the tag to the bags I made.

5.0 out of 5 stars great tags - will help sell your product!, December 18, 2013
I received the Avery tags ahead of time - they're great - make my products look professional - easy to load the Avery template - very happy with this product!

Rate and Discover Movies