5.0 out of 5 stars Experienced Secretary
I have been using Avery labels for many years and absolutely love them. A trick of the trade to avoid wasting labels is to print the page of labels on plain paper first, then place the sheet of blank labels on top, hold those pages up to the light and see if you need to adjust your margins before printing all your pages of labels.
Published on September 24, 2011 by ACD

3.0 out of 5 stars Being the devil's advocate
I'm glad that so many people have been pleased with this product. I have a few gripes, so I guess I'll stand as the devil's advocate review today, which is rare for me.

Published on April 12, 2011 by RST_

5.0 out of 5 stars Experienced Secretary, September 24, 2011
This review is from: Avery Easy Peel Return Address Labels for Laser Printers, 0.5 x 1.75 Inches, White, Pack of 2000 (05267) (Office Product)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good labels but beware of printing problems, January 19, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The labels are fine - they peel and stick with ease. However, I wasted a few sheets because the print would not line up properly. The instructions say to use Avery template 5267 but this does not work. After some experimenting and waste of product, I found that 5167 works the best.

3.0 out of 5 stars Being the devil's advocate, April 12, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

The labels themselves were of great quality, never jammed or peeled in the printer, and the way you get the labels off of the paper by folding it is ingenious and better than I've seen elsewhere. That being said, all I wanted was a simple way to put my return address on the labels. The issues that I had mostly revolve around the software.

1. The web based printing is simple & easy... it creates PDF's that you download and print. I had issues getting things to line up though, so I wasted about 50% of the labels on each sheet. I wasn't being that picky-- as long as everything was on the label, and nothing was on a label from an adjacent label, I considered the label a "win"-- even if not centered. Still, I lost about 50% of them.

2. I downloaded the full version of Avery software from the company-- for free! I was happy with that, and expected it to be basic. But at least at the time of this review, product 5267 was not listed in the software so I couldn't use the software.

3. Take me to the third & final option-- support for Microsoft Word. I have word 2010 and figured that would be the best bet. After downloading the Avery software for Office 2010, it wouldn't install... I use Windows 7 64 bit and Office 64 bit, so the software wasn't compatable.

So all of that being said, I'm glad so many others have had such great success with the labels. I had hoped that the Avery Stand Alone software was going to be the key to success for me as it also supposed print alignment testing, however, the lack of support for this particular label was the final thing to run me off track.

I hope some of these "gotchas" are helpful to some of you using Windows 7 64 bit or really care about print alignment.

I gave it 3 stars because really, even with the label waste on option 1, the ones I did get that were ok enough were good enough to fill my need of return labels. If I really needed tons of labels and spent more time tweaking and wasting more sheets, there is a good chance I could achieve less waste. And I may try that again.

Update! Success! Sort of.... Word 2010 has some built in default label printing functionality and this label is one of the options. I don't have the nice photo options and it still took some wasting of a few sheets, but I was able to get a full sheet of return address labels with no "wasted ones!"

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but not perfect, October 31, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are nice labels and will work for most purposed. However, for my application, I need to fed one sheet multiple times, as I use labels on items that I craft. Unfortunately, with these Avery labels, after I feed them a couple times, the adhesive seems to bleed through and the label turns a bit brown. I am using a HP laserjet, but I have had this problem before with the lower end labels. The more expensive labels don't have that problem.

So, if you plan to print one sheet at a time, this should be fine. If you plan to print only a few labels at a time, look for another product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, November 23, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have been using these labels for organizing and mailing my graduate school application materials. They work perfectly in conjunction with Microsoft Word and my small HP P1000 Laser Jet printer. As other reviewers have noted, they are easy to peel and apply firmly to most surfaces. Highly recommended for their ease of use and professional, clean look. A+

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have, June 1, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I use these exclusively as a return label set for my and for my parents who are getting old. I print out a set every once in a while and I keep them on a clipboard. Once a year I print out a few sets of these and mail them to my parents, whose eyes and arthritis make it a bit hard to do these things anymore and it's a tremendous help to them. They are too small for the full address.

I've also used them to label odd things. Overall a great product.

I will say that the easy peel adhesive works grreat on paper but don't try it on plastic. I used them to label baby bottles and these did not peel off easily from plastic. Magic on paper though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Labels are NOT Commodities!, August 26, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
As others have stated here, a label is a label is a label...right? Not always. There are many factors that I look at when buying labels, especially in quantity:

1. Price. Big variances between 'generic' and 3M, Avery, etc.
2. Glue. Good glue won't come through the label.
3. Adhesive Quality. Labels shouldn't come off an envelope (which could result in a dead letter), and they shouldn't come off in the printer (which could result in the need for a new printer).
4. Ease of removing from sheet. If they are not easy to remove, the label can be easily torn. Sometimes I've had to use an X-acto knife to lift labels.

Avery labels here are great value, and have the other characteristics of good labels. Whenever I have a choice between an Avery label and another product (even at a much lower price) I buy the Avery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Slide Labels, November 16, 2008
Good Gora "Good Gora" (Marshfield, WI, United States) - See all my reviews
These slides labels are great. I use them for labeling "old" 35mm slides and for a number of other purposes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Avery Easy Peel Return Address Labels for Laser Printers, 0.5 x 1.75..., June 10, 2014
Silvana Griffith (GREENWICH, CT, US) - See all my reviews
Avery Easy Peel Return Address Labels for Laser Printers, 0.5 x 1.75... Affordable price, would recommend this product. Very easy peel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, March 28, 2014
Pete Cats (Massachusetts) - See all my reviews
What can you say about Avery labels? They work great. I never had a problem with them. I like it since they work well with Windows.

Rate and Discover Movies