Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Pink Floyd Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on September 11, 2009
I have used lots of clear contact paper in the past, but I have never had the paper backing be so difficult to remove! It was difficult to even remove 2-3 inches without the paper ripping and separating into layers--leaving an impossible-to-remove thin layer of paper on the adhesive. I am sooo disappointed! This is acting like a really old roll of masking tape. I spent way too much for a huge roll of useless contact paper!
44 comments| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 5, 2011
Someone gave me a left over piece of laminate which worked beautifully. The paper peeeled off cleanly, the plastic was thick and strong.And the name Avery was on the back. So I looked up Avery on line and ordered my own roll. It is defective. It won't peel off, paper tears, plastic tears.All the rolling tricks don't work. I WANT TO RETURN IT AND GET A ROLL WHICH HAS THE QUALITY I EXPECTED BUT DON'T KNOW HOW. Maybe the original product is good but quality control is lousy and I am ruining my art pieces trying to deal with it. Judith
on September 28, 2011
Purchased this role of laminate for our school. We laminate atlases & paper back books, etc... to have them last longer. When you attempt to separate the clear laminate from backing, it tears randomly and does not come clean off backing. Terrible quality.
on September 3, 2011
The backing is very difficult to remove. The quality of the pouch is not really good. I can't even success one good picture laminate (with a lot of spend time). It's very hard to laminate anything large because it always happen to get rip when you separate the backing.
on September 7, 2009
Cheapest way to laminate = YES!
Hardest way to laminate = YES!
Result = far from professional

My husband and I tried together to laminate large posters. It took us hours, and it was so difficult to line the laminate to the poster, and to avoid bubbles as you go! Out of 10 posters we double laminated, may be 3 came out nice. The rest was ok to horrible!

This product suits probably smaller projects, but I haven't touched it since, so I could not confirm that!
on August 8, 2012
I ordered this to laminate some larges maps 20 x 36. However, the back will not peel it leaves a small thin layer of the white backing that is impossible to get off. Not very happy with this Avery product, usually very pleased with avery, but not this.
on February 23, 2013
I rarely write negative reviews because overall I find most products do what they are supposed to do. However, this is one that did not.
I had debated about buying these for a while because of the other not-so-great reviews and the cost...but I had looked everywhere and this is exactly what I needed to laminate some large items in my house.
The thing that everyone else complains about is true. The backing does NOT want to peel off easily...if at all. I have tried everything to make this work...heating it with an iron, chilling it, going VERRRRRYYYY slowly....and it still tears.
I wish I would have tried to use this right when I received it because I would have returned it.
I'm so disappointed because I really needed to find a product like this one.
on November 7, 2012
I bought a roll of this since it was much cheaper than buying rolls of contact paper plus it is larger. I cut this paper to the size that I need for whatever I am laminating, mostly sheets of cardstock and file folders. I agree it is harder to remove the paper backing but I find if I pull down about 1 to 1-1/2 inch of the paper, then fold it over, leaving the sticky side exposed, I can lay it onto my project, get it straight, then press down on the laminate. Then I slowly pull the backing down, while pressing the sticky side against my project and smoothing it out as I pull the backing down. Works perfectly and my project is laminted with no bubbles. This laminate is much thicker than the contact paper you can get. Extremely happy with this purchase. Love the lines on the back of the paper so I can cut the paper straight. I use a long ruler and a box cutter on a butcher block counter.
on July 17, 2012
I used to use this product all the time to make poster board-size (18"x24") signs. It was wonderful to work with and protected the signs from weather, even driving rain. Something happened to the quality about 5 years ago. The product went from great to impossible-to-use. I am in the market for a replacement product. Avery needs to get its act together!
on October 6, 2012
This lamination paper is horrible! I can't get the backing off and when I do the backing separates and the lamination tears. Don't waste your money on this! I wish I hadn't spent $38 on it! Horrible stuff! Can't even get one project done with it!