Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

Size: 1 PackChange

on May 2, 2012
I've used these tent cards to create escort cards for my wedding. It worked out perfectly. The cards might be a bit thinner than the once you can get custom made from bridal salons / printers. However don't let that discourage you from trying these out. Once you put your own creativity into these they are going to be totally worth it. I've used Avery website to create my own custom design, which worked really well for me.

Edit: I just posted a picture of the end result from my wedding. Just click on "View and share related images" link right below the picture of the listing.
review image review image
0Comment57 of 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 21, 2013
Something to be aware of before you decide to get these:

Each cards has 6 (yes 6, not 4) edges to snap off. For some reason there's an extra fold along the top & bottom of each card.

This means you spend a LOT of time feeding each sheet and then folding and removing each card from the page. If you are doing 50 or more cards, it will quickly become very tedious. And the stock is really lightweight. While it's called "heavyweight" it means heavyweight paper, not cardstock. Think of it as 32 lb. paper and you'll have an idea of what it's like.

The Avery folding business cards are a much better option. They are the same size and really are microperforated. They remove quickly and easily, and with the free Avery downloadable template it's a breeze to create professional-looking placecards! I have a feeling that this particular "tentcard" is an older item because it does not have the easy microperforation that we've come to love Avery for. So get the folding business card instead and you'll be happier.
11 comment40 of 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I was delighted to find these tent cards to use as place cards and have only one negative regarding them. Since they are a relatively new product, my MS Digital Image Pro 10 software doesn't include the template. I downloaded the template from Avery but find it is only for MS Word. It did print the cards correctly from Word, but I had to create them in my Digital Image Pro software and copy them over to Word since I didn't have as many options for customizing the cards in the Word software.

In the past, I've used business cards as place cards and have the templates to print them in the DI Pro software, but it's so much nicer to have the tent style cards for the table, I was happy to switch. I like to put a picture on the cards and a greeting as well as the person's name. The picture might be one I've taken or from ClipArt and provides a nice background to enhance the party's theme. For Thanksgiving dinner, I chose a ClipArt scene of colorful gourds as my background, then added a 'Happy Thanksgiving' banner in outlined shaped text in coordinating colors and then the person's name below. I find the DI Pro software gives me many more options and is easier to use for these activities, so although I could copy the created place card and paste it into the Word template that was a step that slowed the process. The other part of the process that annoyed me in the Word template was not being able to see the outline of the card in the template document. In DI Pro, I can see that outline and can enlarge the picture to fully cover the card surface if needed. In this case, I ended up with white space around two sides of the card.

For business meetings where the cards will be more formal and Word software options are satisfactory, the template is great, but for dinner parties I want more flexibility than Word can provide. Because of how the cards are placed on the sheet, none of the other older templates can be used.

The cards do release from the sheet perfectly with smooth edges and make a very nice table accent, so I'm pleased with them, but do wish I had more options for software creation.
on May 7, 2012
Overall a good purchase

PROs
-The tent cards tear very easy and quickly
-After separating the cards, there is little sign of the perforations left
-The MS Word template I downloaded from the Avery site is laid out well and easy to use

CONs
-The sheets did not feed well in my printer, I had to manually feed through each sheet. I'm sure some printers handle the thick sheets better than others though.
on July 6, 2011
Very easy to create and print. Worked very well for my tent cards at my wedding. I will definitely use them again when planning events that need tent cards. I only had to waste one page getting the font and size exactly the way I wanted it.
on May 5, 2015
Used these for my wedding place cards and they were perfect! Just make sure your template is even by printing a few test pages first. :)
review image
on December 5, 2011
The Avery Tent Cards are a wonderful timesaver. The perforations break-off with a clean and smooth edge and in a fairly large bundle at one time. The size is ideal for a dinner table. My only wish is that the Avery template worked - I ended up creating my own word template which served my purpose.
VINE VOICEon February 18, 2015
Size: 1 PackVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I ordered these small Avery tent cards (and also larger ones which are much easier to score along perforations) for my small continuing education literature classes that meet at one large table.

The tent cards are very small so not really suitable for a classroom setting unless students are sitting at one table the cards are either printed or written with names in large type. They are really most suitable as name placeholders at a conference table or large dinner table.

Personally, I don't really need to print them or put a logo or design on them. But I did try doing so in order to write a more comprehensive review. In regard to using an Avery template which is easy to find at the Avery site (and an instruction sheet is included with these cards), I tried one with Microsoft Word. The template was not easy to figure out, and my type didn't align well the first two tries, even though I printed only one name on them, in large type and maintained large margins. I wouldn't recommend typing too many words or too close to the edge because alignment is not always perfect.

The paper is heavy enough to stand firm, but not too heavy enough to cause printing problems. The cars are plain, and look very ordinary - not particularly high quality.

The major problem I had with these tent cards - and it is a major problem - is the time it took to score them along the perforation - not only the main perforation fold but also all the other many perforations. The fold areas are very light and not easy to see. I had to be careful both in separating the cards from the tent card sheet (four cards per sheet, plus many edges) then folding each card straight along the crease.

The most time-consuming facet of this is that there are so many perforations - top, bottom, left side, right side, between the cards horizontally and between the cards vertically. Because the scoring is so weak, it is easy to rip them so each perforation has to be carefully folded (folding one way and then the other way helps) and then separated from the main page. For every card, that's four perforations that need to be folded and separated - and then the card itself has to be folded.

It would be easier to buy paper of the same weight and use a paper cutter to cut out tent cards and then fold them. You just wouldn't have the center crease to help you, and you wouldn't have a template for printing. However, considering that you can make nearly a dozen cards for the cost, these Avery cards are fairly economical.

Avery's larger cards (which are more suitable for larger classrooms) have fewer perforations and are much easier to separate, but are much more expensive.
Size: 1 PackVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a box of folding card blanks for creating cards that could be used for either table settings or folding business cards. The box contains 40 sheets of heavyweight cardstock. Each card blank is perforated to make 4 cards, so you can make 160 cards in all with this box. The cards come prefolded as well, so after printing, you simply tear them loose and crease. The card blanks have margins top and bottom, and vertical and horizontal gutters, so no cards touch each other. Since this is an uncommon design size, Avery provides free templates and software at their website. You can make your designs online with Avery, download free design software (similar to MS Publisher), or download MS Word “templates”.

I found these cards very easy to use, once I located the Word “template” on the Avery website. To find the “template”, you need to look under Templates>Business Cards>4 per sheet. Then look for the product number, 5302. The “template” is actually a simple Word document (a .DOC file, not a Word .DOT template file) with design elements that you can change as you like. I had no issues printing my cards on a laser printer. The cards came out crisp and professional looking. These cards will be very useful as ingredient and allergen labels at potlucks and bake sales.
VINE VOICEon January 18, 2015
Size: 1 PackVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
If you are looking for an inexpensive and easy to use option for printing your tent cards, these will work.
Avery has templates to download for use with InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and MS Word. All of the templates are easy to use,
if you are familiar with your design program. If you not adept at using a design program, or if you do not own one,
you can use the easy templates and design features right on the Avery website, simply modifying pre-formatted images and type.
The cards are perforated for easy separation after printing
Sadly, like so many of the other card stocks I've tried, the final print quality is not great -
regardless of which of my printers I use (I have several pro quality printers at my disposal)
I cannot seem to get a print with full black. All black in my designs shows on this paper as a faded blue-grey.
The other colors appear dull too. I have attached a scan of my design for comparison,
with the Avery Small Tent Cards on the left, and a print on plain paper on the right.

Pros:
Good templates for accurate print setup
Inexpensive
Perforations for easy separation of cards
Cons:
Print quality is pale compared to better quality papers.