Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Avery Textured Half-Fold Greeting Cards for Inkjet Printers, Uncoated, 5.5 x 8.5 Inches, White, Box of 30 (03378)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on December 13, 2008
I've been making my own cards using Staples' Photo Greeting Cards. When I went to get more of Staples' cards, I found they were sold out of their own product, so I opted to buy this Avery 'card' paper instead. I thought, because of the Avery name, the product would be comparable or of superior quality. BOY was I disappointed! I might as well have used 24 lb. paper I had at home. The Avery paper in this package is NOT cardstock, which is what I expected for a greeting card type of product. I'm Very disappointed, particularly because I expected better of Avery.
on June 26, 2004
These cards are overall a good deal. They work best for invitations, announcements, and other times when you will be doing mass mailings. They are a little too flimsy for my liking for nicer, individual cards, despite Avery advertising them as "heavyweight" on the box. That's the only reason I give them four stars instead of five. Other than that these are great cards; I haven't had problems with smearing or paperjams at all. The cards are scored evenly and fold very easily. The texture is a nice touch, too.
on May 23, 2012
I do a lot of printing for my business and I've used a lot of different papers so, based on that, I have to give this Avery paper (that is supposed to be suitable for greeting cards) a pretty low rating. I received the package today with the hopes of printing some greeting cards to sell. Honestly, this stock is quite flimsy for greeting cards.

The packaging or product info doesn't provide one with the weight of the paper so a side-by-side comparison of the Avery paper to Epson Premium Presentation Matte paper: the Avery is less substantial. The Epson paper is 48lb (9.8mil) and that weight, to me, felt light for a single-fold card hence my purchase of the Avery product.

The texture of the Avery paper is nice but for a single-fold card, particularly one that is 5.5 x 8.5 when folded is not substantial enough. People like to prop their cards on a shelf or mantle and one slight breeze would send these cards flying through the air.

As for print quality, I ran it through my Canon Pro9000 using Matte Photo Paper as the media and Standard as print quality (this is the setting I use for the Epson papers mentioned, above) and the output was okay - perhaps a bit washed out... Unfortunately, Avery provides no information regarding printer settings apart from a generic 'Adjust printer settings to optimize print quality'. If you don't do a lot of printing, or even if you do, that 'tip' is useless and hopefully you don't run through a whole box of cards while you're adjusting your settings to find the best one.

Had I gone to my local office supply store and looked at this product I would have passed. I really can't recommend this product for use as greeting card stock so I'm giving it one star.
Well, that's not a fair question. Lots of people need to have others create the words and images that they send to their friends and loved ones. The rest of us have our own ideas. We know what we want to say and how, or we find images of artworks that deliver some message uniquely well. This is for the rest of us.

This form produces one card from each 8.5x11 sheet - folded, that's a bit bigger than a 5x8 file card, somewhat larger than most greeting cards. The cards take inkjet printing beautifully, they're lightly scored for precise folding, and, even with the costs of ink and whatnot, come out far cheaper than any store-bought card around. The Avery web site offers templates for aligning your art to the forms, clip art, and other free aids in using these cards. The templates take the guesswork out of laying out the card; I haven't tried the other tools they offer.

I have only one minor complaint, that the envelopes aren't the most opaque - no big deal unless you have a sensitive message or want opening the envelope to reveal its surprise.

That problem isn't big enough to stop me from using these cards or stop me from coming back for more. They aren't the fanciest around, but perfectly fine for most kinds of notes and greetings. And, most importantly, these cards carry my own thoughts, not some Hallmark writer's.

-- wiredweird
on May 24, 2011
I was so looking forward to receiving Avery's textured greeting cards as I had worked with some of their products before like their white notecard paper and half fold white greeting cards and was quite pleased with them. Unfortunately I found myself feeling very disappointed with these textured cards. Although the paper has a nice texture to it, it is way too flimsy. And the quality of the prints compared to avery's half fold white cards leaves a lot to be desired for. A waste of my money really! Perhaps I will use the paper to make drawings instead and stick to their textured free paper for greeting cards.
on September 6, 2004
I completely agree with the previous review. While I certainly don't think the cards should be classified as heavyweight (they most definitely are not), the texture is very nice and the printing on them is excellent (I love our Canon i860 printer. If you're shopping around for a new printer, I would highly recommend it). Happy cardmaking!
on July 8, 2015
We make a lot of our own cards and running out of card stock is almost as bad as running out of hot water in the middle of a shower. We keep several boxes on hand and haven't bought anything but Avery stock for the past six or so years. Of course there are less expensive options, and there are more expensive possibilities. But for all-round value, we haven't found anything to beat the Avery stock.
on May 15, 2013
These are very nice to have on hand when you quickly need a greeting card and don't have time nor the money to run to the store. Greeting cards are very expensive these days unless you go to the dollar store. If you make your own it is much more personalized and you can go online to get special wording or parts of a song or poem or whatever you want to say on the card. You can put your own pictures on it too. If you have time you can make several cards and save them (save as) in your computer and then when an occasion comes up you can adjust the wording accordingly and voila! A perfect card!
on January 23, 2016
How do you rate the only game in town just about? It does the job? I find these kinds of reviews rather useless when there is really no competition to stack it against in reality. When you can find HP materials, they are way overpriced, (as with consumables like ink) so no one hardly ever buys the factory ink if they don't need to, and that's the case with printing paper and cards. Unless you want to pay a fortune, you buy Avery, which is a great product. ​
on January 3, 2015
I purchased these to create our Christmas cards. I wanted to test the product in this fashion to see if they might work in the creation of note cards for resale. The price is good and the envelopes are nice BUT the cards are less than high quality. They are not heavy card stock and feel flimsy. Based on this, I used one box and returned several unused boxes. I ended up buying card stock and envelopes from Red River Paper and we received several nice comments on the quality of our Christmas cards. I like Avery products but I won't be buying these again.