5.0 out of 5 stars Great for water bottles
Our church used over 3000 of these to put labels on water bottles that we cooled in ice water. Not one peeled off or faded or bled. (using a color LASER printer - ink jet won't melt the image to the page like laser does) Fantastic.
Published on August 15, 2010 by B. Sayer

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, not great
The printer ink doesn't stay put - it runs, without being put under water. I bought the waterproof labels for use in the kitchen; the adhesive nature of the labels is fine, and works well, but the printing doesn't stay put while the ink dries. The labels do stick to whatever I want, including zip-top packages, but the label itself smears far too much for a quality...
Published on June 11, 2012 by Cheri

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for water bottles, August 15, 2010
This review is from: Avery Weatherproof Laser Shipping Labels, 2 X 4, 500/Pack (AVE5523) (Office Product)

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, but..., July 8, 2013
I have used Avery weatherproof labels at my job before and was extremely satisfied with them. I decided to buy some for personal use particularly on spice jars. They do work well. They are intended for laser printers and not with ink so those reviews that criticize based on smearing must not have realized this. The only problem I have is that the adhesive is very strong on almost all surfaces, but it doesn't stick as well to the back of the label as it does to the surface you are sticking it to. If you do try to peel it off or you catch the edge just right, the label will come off, but the adhesive stays where the label was.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent on glass bottles, November 6, 2010
I brew my own beer and have used this product with complete success. The labels which are printed with four sided full color bleed will stand up to cold as well as the moisture that forms when moved to a warm room. It is a laser product so I have the labels printed at the local stationary store (Office Max) which has a full color copier and charges close to a dollar a sheet. The material is very durable and the image really resists scratching. A word of caution, have the fellow who runs the copy machine produce a test sheet first, at 80 cents a pop, the extra step will save a lot of aggravation.

4.0 out of 5 stars They work fine, April 11, 2013
These do fine. They don't smear. However they do have grey backs so if you are using them on clear items beware.

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes a lick-en and keeps on stick-en, October 1, 2008
mike (pacific northwest) - See all my reviews
These are the best weatherproof (polyester) labels I have been able to find. We use these for product identification and bar code labels on a variety of product. On all of the other polyester labels we have tried, the toner will rub off with a vigorous rubbing of alcohol cleaners, not these ones. We have had great success with both color and BW laser printers. The adhesive is also a very aggressive, we have had complaints if the labels are damaged or removed it is very hard to the the adhesive off,

To bad they are not available in more sizes (or in Canada)

5.0 out of 5 stars Avery weatherproof labels have best adhesive, good for plastic long-term storage, March 21, 2006
These weather-resistant labels are the best I have found for sticking onto PLASTIC storage bins or totes (such as Rubbermaid Roughtotes), for long-term storage. Other labels quickly come loose. I have had especially bad luck with store brands. Now I only use the weatherproof line of labels from Avery when I need to label plastic items. I also use these for labeling packages to be mailed, because who knows what kind of weather a package will encounter during travel.

I often just write on the labels, with a Sharpie permanent marker, rather than preparing printed labels. They seem to absorb the marker ink without smearing. Using the printer also works fine.

Confusion Alert: The photo for this item may show a DIFFERENT SIZE of labels than what the text description indicates.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, May 17, 2014
Work great for our needs we use the labels to make ID labels for equipment. The weathe proof labels allow cleaning of the equipment without damaging the label.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST Labels!, May 2, 2014
This is a wonderful label for printing and holds up well with its weatherproof feature.

These are certainly the VERY BEST labels!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked perfectly as water bottle labels, April 1, 2014
We used these as personalized water bottle labels at our wedding. They were submerged in ice/water for hours & held up perfectly. They have a little bit of a plastic-y smell to them, but what can you expect? Note that they do need to be printed with a laser printer. We tried a few with inkjet & they did NOT work.

5.0 out of 5 stars 2x4 shipping labels, March 24, 2014
These are the best. Water proof labels don't run when waters gets on them. Received quickly. Thank you. Will purchase again.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›