Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Women's Cyber Monday Deals Week Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer mithc mithc mithc  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage R6 Siege Outdoors Gift Guide on HTL

on August 15, 2010
Our church used over 3000 of these to put labels on water bottles that we cooled in ice water. Not one peeled off or faded or bled. (using a color LASER printer - ink jet won't melt the image to the page like laser does) Fantastic.
on July 8, 2013
I have used Avery weatherproof labels at my job before and was extremely satisfied with them. I decided to buy some for personal use particularly on spice jars. They do work well. They are intended for laser printers and not with ink so those reviews that criticize based on smearing must not have realized this. The only problem I have is that the adhesive is very strong on almost all surfaces, but it doesn't stick as well to the back of the label as it does to the surface you are sticking it to. If you do try to peel it off or you catch the edge just right, the label will come off, but the adhesive stays where the label was.
on November 6, 2010
I brew my own beer and have used this product with complete success. The labels which are printed with four sided full color bleed will stand up to cold as well as the moisture that forms when moved to a warm room. It is a laser product so I have the labels printed at the local stationary store (Office Max) which has a full color copier and charges close to a dollar a sheet. The material is very durable and the image really resists scratching. A word of caution, have the fellow who runs the copy machine produce a test sheet first, at 80 cents a pop, the extra step will save a lot of aggravation.
VINE VOICEon March 21, 2006
These weather-resistant labels are the best I have found for sticking onto PLASTIC storage bins or totes (such as Rubbermaid Roughtotes), for long-term storage. Other labels quickly come loose. I have had especially bad luck with store brands. Now I only use the weatherproof line of labels from Avery when I need to label plastic items. I also use these for labeling packages to be mailed, because who knows what kind of weather a package will encounter during travel.

I often just write on the labels, with a Sharpie permanent marker, rather than preparing printed labels. They seem to absorb the marker ink without smearing. Using the printer also works fine.

Confusion Alert: The photo for this item may show a DIFFERENT SIZE of labels than what the text description indicates.
on October 1, 2008
These are the best weatherproof (polyester) labels I have been able to find. We use these for product identification and bar code labels on a variety of product. On all of the other polyester labels we have tried, the toner will rub off with a vigorous rubbing of alcohol cleaners, not these ones. We have had great success with both color and BW laser printers. The adhesive is also a very aggressive, we have had complaints if the labels are damaged or removed it is very hard to the the adhesive off,

To bad they are not available in more sizes (or in Canada)
on June 11, 2012
The printer ink doesn't stay put - it runs, without being put under water. I bought the waterproof labels for use in the kitchen; the adhesive nature of the labels is fine, and works well, but the printing doesn't stay put while the ink dries. The labels do stick to whatever I want, including zip-top packages, but the label itself smears far too much for a quality product. Disappointed with my results, especially after I saw these advertised in conjunction with a Martha Steward printable.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 23, 2015
So far so good.

I bought these to label bottles for water quality samples. Right now I use the Avery 2" x 4" shipping labels that are not weatherproof. They work well but we have to tape them to make them waterproof. We use two 2" x 6" tape strips to completely cover the label. This is an added expense and requires more time to prepare the bottles for sampling. I printed up one page of labels (10 individual labels) and put them on our sampling bottles. We use a color xerox laser printer for printing labels as we use color on our labels. I then threw the bottles into a cooler filled with ice and water and left them overnight to simulate how we hold our water samples.

I checked the labels the next day and they looked perfect. I rubbed my fingers over the labels to see if the ink or label would rub off and the labels look and felt like they did when I printed them out. The water looks to bead off the label like a vinyl sticker. I left the bottles in the cold water with the labels attached for the weekend and will check them out come Monday. I was very impressed though as I did not expect the labels to work so well as they are described as weatherproof.

The only issue I had was the labels arrived with some text on all the labels. It almost looked like a water mark of the Avery logo and some text. Amazon took care of the issue so I can not complain about it but just warn those to look at the labels before printing to see if they have any marks on them and if they do get Amazon to refund the purchase price.

I will update soon with my findings and with pictures but so far so good.

The labels survived 72 hours in the water with ease. I pulled the bottles out and while they were still wet I tried rubbing the ink off. I could not get the ink off at all. These are the real deal waterproof labels. I did try to remove the ink so I sprayed the labels with acetone and the ink after a few seconds of spraying started to come off. This was just to test the resistance to a known chemical. If you are using these labels around chemicals be mindful of that. I would say that these are the best labels I have used to date.
on April 11, 2013
These do fine. They don't smear. However they do have grey backs so if you are using them on clear items beware.
on March 11, 2015
These labels are expensive. They are awesome. If you send packages or need to label things long term. These are for you. If your label might every get wet these are for you. You have to have a laser printer I can't emphasis that enough. You could sharpie them that works but if you're buying 500 labels buy a laser printer they are cheap. I've been putting these on all kinds of things. They stick really well. They aren't paper backed it's foil and its fantastic. Sometimes you can peel them off and apply to something else. Most of the time I can't though. That's fine. I put them there for long term use.
on January 3, 2014
I take these to Kinkos to print my skin care product labels because they're for a Laser printer and I have an Inkjet at home. They look very professional, don't run at all even if you put the bottles in the shower. I found these after reading on-line reviews and LOVE them! I use the smaller address labels for my smaller bottles and use a hang tag for the ingredients because there's not enough room on the label. Thanks Avery for supporting our small businesses. :-)