5.0 out of 5 stars A ery Mailing Labels
They're labels! They work, they stick, no problem printing on them, they went through the printer without any jams, in short, they're exactly what you'd expect them to be.
Published on May 14, 2007 by D. DiPietro

2.0 out of 5 stars Smears
After passing the heating element i my Xerox color laser, the toner doesn't stick properly. It smudges when you put the labels on an envelope. Looks bad! Can't use them for my business!!
Published on May 6, 2009 by H. Andersson

5.0 out of 5 stars A ery Mailing Labels, May 14, 2007
This review is from: Avery Easy Peel White Mailing Labels for Laser Printers, 1 x 2.62 Inch, Box of 3000 Labels (5160) (Office Product)

4.0 out of 5 stars Avery Laser Labels -- Always Dependable, July 29, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been using Avery 5160 return address labels for years, so I was interested in how the "Easy Peel" differed from the older ones I still had. When I took the first sheet out of the box, I was immediately concerned about the weight of the backing; the sheets seemed much flimsier than those I had remaining in my old box, a choice obviously made in the interest of the pop-up edges. Once I printed a sheet of both and compared the labels themselves, they seemed comparable. However, a couple of issues emerged: it was slightly more difficult to manually insert a sheet of the Easy Peel so that the labels lined up correctly because the sheets were more likely to bow, and printed labels stored in a file folder were more likely to catch and come off when pulled in and out. Despite this, these labels maintain the Avery quality the company has been known for, and they stick well and completely to envelopes. Note: these labels are for laser printers, not for inkjets.

The Easy Peel feature is only marginally better than the old style, which I never found difficult to remove. Here, you fold the sheet along each row, and a small portion of the labels' ends pop up. It definitely can save time if you're doing a lot of mailing/labeling; however, most people won't care. I appreciated the feed arrows since I always forget which end should be up when feeding manually. I printed ten sheets out of the box, in rapid succession, and other than the lining up issue noted above, every sheet came out smoothly and perfectly printed.

Although Microsoft Word has the necessary template for these labels in its project gallery, buyers can also get the correct template at the Avery website (address supplied on the box).

I've used several different brands of mailing labels, and I always come back to Avery. Despite the lighter backing of these labels to enable the "Easy Peel," the labels themselves maintain the same high quality. I just wish the ease of removal could be combined with a slightly heavier/stiffer backing. Five stars for the label quality, three stars for the Easy Peel design.

-- Debbie Lee Wesselmann

5.0 out of 5 stars Avery labels, February 19, 2010
Terri Oconnor (Collierville, TN, US) - See all my reviews
The Avery labels purchased were for use in a copy machine. The labels ran through the copier smoothly without jamming at all. They performed exactly as I had needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Labels Make Life Easier, August 7, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love labels, or anything that makes life easier. I am very organized, both at work and at home. Labels make things so much more convenient and quicker.

I love these labels. They don't necessarily have to be used with a printer - they can be written on. And the reason I say this, is because these labels are for Laser Printers, and I have ink jet printers. Therefore, I can still use these, because I can write on them rather than running them through the printer.

There are a variety of uses for labels. In addition to addresses, files, and other office reasons, they can be used for jars, boxes, etc.

Awesome product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Smears, May 6, 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Nobody does it better, December 17, 2011
We go through a lot of these at the office and we can not find these locally for any less. We have tried the generic imitations and no one does it better than Avery.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, December 15, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Avery has always been good to work with, The background is always very bright white. If your printer is good, they never fail giving a clear great contrast. I have started to use P-Touch which is much faster. However if you don't have a label maker such as P-Touch then this is the label paper for you. User friendly and most word processors have it built into there data base for your use.

4.0 out of 5 stars handy little labels, December 6, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are adequate 5160 sized address labels that functioned well in my Canon printer. Of course, the 5160 size is best suited for 3-line addresses in small type, and is best suited for standard envelopes.

They fed well, took ink well, and applied easily to envelopes and boxes -- although I covered them with clear packing tape just to be secure, which is good practice for anything that you plan to ship, anyway, since many cardboards, boxboards, and padded envelopes have a slightly waxy surface that can repel the more moderate adhesives. All in all a good basic label, something the Avery brand has come to be known for. The almost $43 dollar price point shouldn't be balked at -- perhaps you can find these cheaper or on sale -- but it breaks down to just over 1 cent per label so it won't add much cost to your projects on a per unit basis.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent mailing labels, "Pop-up Edge" makes me happy, November 29, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It amazes me that there is still innovation in address labels, but Avery does it. The "Pop-up Edge" really does make the labels live up to their "Easy Peel" name. If you've never seen it, it works like this: the sheets come with the thin strip of label media removed from between the columns, and the backer sheet is cut vertically about 1/16" from the edge of the label, with a little tab sticking out toward the edge of each label. Bending the sheet along the cut line causes the edges of the labels pop up, ready to be peeled. I had a job a few years ago that required a lot of use of similar labels, and this would have made life just a little better back then. I've had no feed problems with these in the drawer or manual feeder of my printer, nor any problems with adhesion after printing.

My only minor issue, which is with all Avery products, is that Avery requires you to fill out your name and e-mail address to download free templates. Not worth taking off a star since there are alternative label printing methods in both Microsoft Word and OpenOffice.org Writer, and the templates are at least always accurate if you do download them. I just wish they would provide the templates without requiring your information if you've already bought their labels.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, cheap, cheap!!, June 5, 2014
These labels have been going downhill for years and they've finally been produced cheaply enough that I need to complain and look elsewhere for labels. The thin paper backing is so bad now that you can't put it through the printer more than once. I just had a label peel off and stick to the inner rollers of my printer. That was fun trying to remove it! Avery, please stop cheaping out!!

Rate and Discover Movies