From the Manufacturer
Bose® A20 - with Dual GA plug, Bluetooth cable
Bose A20 Aviation Headset
The acclaimed A20 headset features breakthrough innovations to reduce noise and provide comfort—without compromising the clear audio you expect from Bose. It also includes an auxiliary audio input and Bluetooth phone connectivity. No other headset offers this advanced combination of features and benefits. In fact, Bose was rated #1 by readers of Professional Pilot magazine, 2011 Headset Preference Survey.*
Enjoy a quieter flight
Proprietary technologies in the A20 Aviation Headset reduce noise, across the full spectrum of human hearing, in even louder environments. Advanced electronics use microphones both inside and outside each earcup to sense and reduce ambient sound.
Bose ear cushion technology helps further reduce unwanted noise. Unique cushion materials block sound before it enters the earcups, providing a quieter headset experience.
And greater comfort
The A20 Aviation Headset also provides significant comfort and stability. The overall headset profile is compact, and the earcup cavity is large enough to allow more room for the ears. The proprietary cushions improve the earcups' acoustic seals, even over eyeglasses, and remain comfortable during long flights. The solid magnesium headband is extremely durable, yet lightweight, and its sheepskin cushion eliminates hot spots. The A20 headset weighs just 12 ounces and exerts approximately 1/3 less clamping force than most active headsets.
AUX IN and Bluetooth technology convenience
The control module includes an auxiliary audio input with Intercom/AUX priority switching. Many pilots will want to use this input for dedicated GPS and traffic warning systems. You can set audio priority to mute the AUX input completely when intercom signal is detected, or to simply lower the AUX volume appropriately.
Bluetooth mobile phone connectivity allows you to receive calls wirelessly while wearing the A20 headset. And its EMI protection helps minimize interference from the mobile phone. Plus, the headset's integrated sidetone provides natural sounding communications when you're on a call and disconnected from the intercom.
* Quote reprinted with permission.
- Significant noise reduction across a wide range of frequencies. Proprietary Bose innovations use microphones both inside and outside each earcup to sense and reduce ambient aircraft noise.
- Proprietary ear cushions deliver substantial comfort using unique materials. Compact earcups have a larger interior cavity, allowing more room for the ears; redistribution of headset weight provides overall comfort and stability.
- Center torsion spring on magnesium headband provides a consistent, comfortable fit for any size head—with significantly less clamping force than most pilot headsets.
- TriPort® acoustic headset structure, available only from Bose, produces tonally balanced audio from relatively small and lightweight headphones.
- Active equalization electronically tunes the headphones' frequency response, enabling outstanding audio performance.
- Adjustable powered electret microphone can be connected to either earcup and set in a range of stable positions for optimal communications.
- Auxiliary audio input on control module for connection to GPS and other devices.
- Bluetooth phone connectivity lets you take calls wirelessly through the headset.
- EMI Protection minimizes communications interference.
- Integrated sidetone provides natural sounding communications when you're on a call and disconnected from the intercom.
- Smart shutoff helps provide at least 45 hours of use from just two AA alkaline batteries.
- Ergonomic control module includes contoured grip and streamlined interface with high-contrast icons on main controls.
- Custom carrying case helps protect headset during storage and transport.
- TSO certified by FAA/JAA to meet performance standards for headsets used on civil aircraft. Made in the US, it also meets RTCA/DO-160D and DO-214 environmental requirements.
- Five-year transferable limited warranty covers parts, labor and second-day return shipping expenses for non-abuse malfunctions.
|Product dimensions:||6.3 x 3.1 x 8.4 inches ; 12 ounces|
|Shipping dimensions:||6 x 11 x 7.25 inches ; 4.5 pounds|
What's in the box
- A20 Aviation Headset
- In-line clothing clips (2)
- Bluetooth control module
- Carrying case
- 2 AA batteries
- Aux-in cable adapter
Bose® A20 AUX Adapter -- Additional aux adapter for your A20 headset. Use as a replacement for a lost or damaged adapter. Provides connectivity to portable audio sources.
Similar Bose Products to Consider
Bose® A20 Aviation Headset—with 6-pin plug, Bluetooth cable -- For aircraft owners. Aircraft powered, with wire harness, electret microphone. Bluetooth connectivity lets you take calls wirelessly through the headset.
Bose® A20 Aviation Headset—with U-174 plug, Bluetooth cable -- For civilian helicopter pilots. Battery powered, automatic smart shutoff, electret microphone. Bluetooth connectivity lets you take calls wirelessly through the headset.
Bose® A20 Aviation Headset—with dual GA plug -- For pilots who fly multiple general aircraft. Battery powered, automatic smart shutoff, electret microphone.