Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Sale

on March 18, 2000
This book was a required purchase four our A&P classes. I found too many errors, but most disturbing was the brevity with which the book treated many subjects. Our classes always had to supplement this book with other author's works. Not that I expect one book to cover everything, but the brevity was glaring on many subjects.
22 comments12 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 14, 2012
I studied using this book. It is very well written. I was able to teach myself some complicated math subjects using this cause everything covered is explained really well. Using this book in conjunction with the ASA study guides i scored a 98% on my general written exam. I would recommend this book over all other books used for A&P studies.
on October 22, 2014
Suitable for an overview only. Does not cover any subject with any sort of depth.

I've purchased this book as well as Jeppesen's General, Airframe and Powerplant. Jeppesen is the choice if you really insist on learning.

I wish I hadn't bought it.

Good luck
on July 5, 2015
dale crane is a jackass, why does my school use these books when we could be using glorious jeppesen.

ALOT OF GRAMMATICAL errors, like alot. That's what you get when you have monkeys proof read it.

My professors and my class mates enjoy poking fun at these books.

PS: also according to my professor whos working in general aviation for the past 40 years told me some of the things in these books is OUTRIGHT wrong.
on March 31, 2014
Very informative and I still refer back to it when I need a reminder. Is somewhat long reading and unless you have lots of time, take it one bite at a time, to digest the information.
on June 23, 2013
I really like the Dale Crane series. I have the General book and it is easy to understand, has nice graphics, there is a glossary in the margin, and it follows a logical sequence.
on February 19, 2013
Very complete and thorough guide for starting to learn your AMT classes. It has helped me understand clearly the necessary concepts that I needed to pass my FAA test.
on March 25, 2013
This book definately helped me out during my A&P classes. The study questions are a good tool and they helped me retain the information. Definately worth the money.
on March 30, 2014
See my other review of the Powerplant volume in this essential series for all aircraft engineering staff - from apprentice mechanic upwards.
on February 7, 2012
Brand new book at a great price, and fast shipping. Transaction went very smooth and well, overall i was very satisfied with the purchase.