- Paperback: 112 pages
- Publisher: Cornell Maritime Pr/Tidewater Pub; 2 edition (March 1993)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0870334336
- ISBN-13: 978-0870334337
- Product Dimensions: 0.2 x 6 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 7 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 3.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1,331 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,811,512 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
How to Avoid Huge Ships Paperback – March, 1993
Top 20 lists in Books
View the top 20 best sellers of all time, the most reviewed books of all time and some of our editors' favorite picks. Learn more
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
More About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
- Do not charge the huge ship at full speed in an attempt to scare it off. This may work with coyotes, but it is less effective with huge ships.
- Similarly, do not roll your boat over and play dead. Unless the huge ship is captained by a grizzly bear, this will not work.
- Do not attempt to go under the huge ship. This is typically not successful.
- Do not attempt to jump over the huge ship.
Captain Trimmer presents a rather novel technique for avoiding huge ships - move your boat out of the path of the huge ship. I know what you're thinking, this goes against conventional wisdom, but Trimmer presents significant empirical evidence to support his theory. Indeed, over the long run, moving out of the way will dramatically decrease the number of huge ship collisions you will have to endure in your daily life.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This book really works! It may have saved our lives. Myself and 7 or 8 friends were at the beach the other day when I noticed a HUGE SHIP out there in the water. Read morePublished 9 days ago by KH
I followed the directions but utterly kept finding hudge ships. Everywhere. The ocean the pond my toilet... this book has poor directions.Published 14 days ago by Kiefer
Tragically this book arrived too late to save my son :(
If you have small children, for the love of God...GET THIS BOOK NOW!
To bad the captain of the ship in the following video link did not read this book. It could have saved his ship. Read morePublished 1 month ago by porty mcnair
This book did not help me at all with my huge ship problem. Instead, the author's vivid descriptions of huge ships and the dangers they pose made me long for the strength and... Read morePublished 1 month ago by LK Loves
Unbelievable life changing, this book was. I've crashed a series of small sailboats and motorboats into massive cruise ships over the years, only escaping with a few... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Alex Mackle
It's a must-read for sea creatures. I am going to recommend this to my fish cousins.Published 1 month ago by Harry M.
i prefer "How to Avoid Big Ships For Dummies". this book was a disappointment and failed to keep me away from the large shipsPublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer