Avon Advance Techniques Vent Brush It says that this brush has plastic bristles, but it looks like it has hard plastic spikes instead. Does anyone know which this product has? I'm hoping for the hard wide-spaced spikes like a very old Avon "brush" that I have.
asked by Irish Rose on March 20, 2006
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 15 answers
A
vote
I know I contacted Avon as well and was disappointed by my conversation as well as the customer service. I have found an avon hard plastic vintage brush on ebay. It was made in 1981. It is not vented but it has the same hard plastic bristles/spikes. I paid $42.00 in a bidding war for it. I have seen 4 other brushes exactly like it on Ebay but NOT the Hard Plastic Brown Brush like we are looking for. @ Miss B- I have a picture of the brush from an old avon catalog so if you would like me to send it to somehow to help your search I can. I currently have a a couple of posts searching for it now. Just let me know.
Marly answered on July 6, 2011

A
votes
I just came across your post... I have an old plastic molded hair brush from Avon that has slowly lost most of it's hard plastic spikes. My mother had purchased it many years ago and never used it. After I found it and began using it, I immediately started looking for another one because I don't think I'll be able to style my hair without it! Any luck tracking a duplicate down or finding an updated version of this brush?
Miss B answered on September 13, 2008

A
votes
Did you try the new brush? How is it. I have an old ard plastic avon brush (it's brown) with hard wide spaced bristles adn vents that is falling apart. I love it and canoot find anything that works as well as it does.
Ayisha Day answered on September 23, 2008

A
votes
I have a black hard plastic Vent brush that my mom bought me in 1981. Not sure where she bought it but I STILL use it. It's very durable and it helps me straighten my curly hair. Please let me know if you find any more of these :)
J. Scali answered on June 29, 2011

A
votes
check out cachebeauty.com and type in bobby brush under search. another window will open up and I hope this is what you guys were looking for. I ordered one...I will let you know if its the same brush as my old one. :)
J. Scali answered on June 29, 2011

A
votes
Nope... The hard plastic Avon brush has hard plastic bristles, not flexible at all. It's not a vent brush. The bristles/spikes are made of the same hard plastic as the handle and the rest of the brush.
Miss B answered on June 29, 2011

A
votes
I am also looking for the Brown plastic Avon Brush! I had several over the years however lost a few and was down to one very used brush with many spikes missing. Has anyone found anything like it anywhere??
Marly answered on July 5, 2011

A
votes
I emailed Avon customer service but they were no help at all. They asked me for an item number or description. I explained that the brush was 20 years old or more so I had no info to provide. They said sorry, just keep checking their website but no plans to bring it back. I have been looking for years for anything similar but cannot find a brush made entirely of molded, hard plastic.
Miss B answered on July 5, 2011

A
votes
I also have been looking for the wonderful brush! I wish i knew some high up in the avon management chain who could bring the brush back!
Lisa Ronning answered on July 26, 2011

A
votes
I am looking for one of these also. Mine was "borrowed" and I have not been able to replace it.
Amazon Customer answered on February 20, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›