Industrial Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Beauty Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals BestoftheYear Shop Now HTL

Format: DVDChange

on April 6, 2013
First Kudos to Amazon, I got this DVD 2 days after I ordered it using the free shipping....way to go friends!

Now, this looks like a DVD made from a HD TV "pay per view" kind of thing....that's good, the picture and sound are great. First note the show starts with a non-credited (in fact the wrong song name is printed on the screen....) Sk8er Boi as her you get at least one more song than listed. There is minimal stage craft, a bit of stage smoke and lights are the only "technical enhancements." Moreover a good listen detects only digital delay and maybe just a hint of reverb on the vocals (the reverb might be natural from the theater). Let me add, forgive my sexist language but Ms. Lavigne plays decent rhythm guitar for a few numbers on her little jeans and a T shirt...I'm a sucker for a girl with a guitar! Also FYI I detect no protection for copies on the disc.... And the only annoyance is the "HDSBS" logo on the screen at all times. Note finally that the applause is minimized, she goes from one song to another extremely rapidly; you don't miss a note, but that does make this a shorter DVD than it would otherwise be. A very good glimpse of Avril almost unplugged (minimal show-person-ship) and music mainly from her first two CDs.....I really enjoyed it even after multiple listens.

I believe this is from her 2004 world tour. Expensive, but worth it to the true Avril-phile.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 1, 2014
She got off to a bit of a slow start, with her singing a bit flat. Her vocal range was not as broad as on her records, but her voice at the concert was lower, which I loved and her voice was much richer. She sounded older and more professional on stage. By the second half of the performance she was in very high gear. She is always a knockout; very pretty without being slutty or revealing in dress in the least. She's sexy without even trying. She really belted out the songs. My wife and I were pretty riveted to the dvd. This was the first time we saw her in a concert video. We never saw one of her shows. I admit I am a huge fan. I have everything she has done as far as her studio albums and many of her videos. It seems that there are many bogus Avril DVDs out there, and even sold by Amazon. This one was great. It was obviously filmed off a TV program, so I guess it was a bootleg, but so what? Highly recommended to any true Avril Lavigne. fan. We love Avril!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 7, 2015
This new Italian band released a DVD after only one album, and because of this, they decided to play
the complete "Zarathustra" suite of Museo Rosenbach,one of the best song coming from the Italian
scene. This is a logical decision when you know that the original singer Stefano "Lupo" Galifi is
with the band. What we got here is a complete new version of that song that is a symphonic prog rock
epic with a playing that is rough with heavier guitar riffs and a solid rhythm section with Palo
Tixi on drums. This song being inspired by the work of Nietzsche has some dark atmosphere with long
instrumental passage that coexist with some lighter atmosphere with the delicate piano of Elisa
Montaldo. Like i said, because the band has only one album, the 2 DVD contains the album
"Zarathustra" in the act 1 of The Seoul performance and on the encore as a medley. The second disk
has also some excerpts of this song, but who is going to complaint to hear that song with a modern
new sound and arrangements. This second DVD is a collection of various appearance in Italy and in
Nearfest in USA. The sound quality is not the best, but better than some bootlegs material. The act
II of the main concert is the original songs of the band from their first album and it's in the vein
of "Zarathustra", if you enjoy bands like Banco or Il Balletto Di Bronzo, you will enjoy this band.
on December 6, 2013
...unfortunately, Avril looked to be "under the weather" or had jet lag that day and that's too bad.
Good effort, considering.
on May 10, 2013
A great DVD from the earlier days of an original dynamic Canadian singer, This DVD shows how Avril if she is not already an icon soon will be. This DVD shows the promise she showed,
on March 21, 2014
secret santa gift...didn't listen to this cd. I'm sure that the young girls I bought it for loved it for sure.
on August 9, 2014
I am reviewing for the Avril's concert I went to while I was living in Korea at that time. Love the concert, and got couple of good shots of her. Too bad, I went there pretty late after work (90 minutes plus on sub-way). No seats but all was cool because I managed to see her live. I am buying the official DVD finally.

UPDATED (16 Aug 2014):
This is not Avril Lavigne concert I went to at Seoul back in 2010. The concert on the DVD was from August, 2004, and I already seen in from Youtube but released date is on 2013 on the DVD. Oh well, I bought the wrong item. I really want to put 5 stars just because of Avril Lavigne but the title didn't specify what year of concert, and I wrongly assumed it was year 2010 because of the released date was 2013. So 3 stars only for the review.
on June 19, 2015