Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation Learn more

Format: MP3 Music|Change
Price:$6.99

on May 26, 2011
I've been looking through all sorts of the more Gothic, melodic metal type genre that I recently discovered. I stumbled upon Within Temptation one day and I've been hooked on the style ever since. Only problem is that it is hard to find bands like this with what I would personally consider good lyrics. I'm more biased toward the more positive well written lyrics. This band seems to have it all, awesome guitar riffs, no lack of musical talent. I love the melody of the piano in the background of the heavy double bass style riffs.
One critique I do have, although, I dont believe that the singer is using her wonderful vocals to their fullest potential. She has a lovely voice, it just seems that she lacks the emotion that could very well put her over the top. But all that aside, awesome album, and I really hope to see more releases from this band in the future.
on May 11, 2011
I've put off writing this review for a long, long time; I'm not the best writer, and continuously worried my attempts at wordsmithing would fail and backfire. But thanks to one reviewer's "it wasn't what I expected," it's sat at a low score for too long.

Winter in Eden's debut album is simply spectacular. Nearly every track has remained at the top of my playlist for MONTHS. Despite literally hundreds of replays, the novelty and enjoyment have yet to wear off.

Most of the tracks in Awakening share a common feel - they're fairly fast-paced, but with a more subtle and underplayed sound than most listeners of Gothic metal may be used to. But despite the more indirect route, you can't listen to a song like "Inside" without feeling the uncontrollable urge to DO something. Vicky Johnson's instantly-recognizable voice flows within the instruments rather than overpowering them, but loses no authority or potency in the act.

The vocals are 100% clean, thus suiting folks who are fans of the sounds of Within Temptation, Delain, Autumn, Unsun, and/or We Are The Fallen.

If you're looking for something a bit new (yet still comfortably familiar) and of high quality, I urge you: Give Winter In Eden a try. Since you've read this far, I can promise you you won't regret it.
on April 15, 2012
Always searching for new groups, or ones that arn't in main stream. Vocals are pretty good, though could be stronger. Unlike allot of symphonic rock groups the vocalist and the music pretty much sounds the same. This group mixes it up a little.
on September 23, 2010
I'm terrible at writing reviews but I had to write one for this CD. I am fairly new to this genre of music and am still learning about new bands, but as soon as I heard the first song from this band I was hooked. The music is just fantastic and from the opening chords of Oblivian it just grabbed me and I really don't know how else to describe it. The lyrics are very strong and brilliantly written yet unlike many songs I've heard, they are not so overly poetic that they make no sense. All of the songs really speak to me. Especially Cry and Awakenings II-Unspoken.

Vicky Johnson has to have one of the most amazing voices I've ever heard. Very rich and powerful and totally unique. I very much recommend this CD to everyone. I know, not a great review, but it's from the heart.
on November 29, 2011
I've been a fan of Evenescense for years and recently discovered similiar music beginning with Within Temptation. So now I regularly search Amazon for more of the same. There's a lot of this genre to choose from. Nightwish is too operatic for me, and Epica has way too much growling. The Best that I've found so far have been Elysion, We Are The Fallen, Domina Noctis, and now Winter In Eden. The music really rocks and the woman can sing. Give it a listen!
on January 2, 2012
I have been following symphonic and gothic metal for 6yrs, and have a plethura of albums in my library. Nightwish, Within Temptation, After Forever, Echoterra, Visions of Atlantis, Epica, Imperia, to name a few; suffice to say I have heard enough to know what is good. I must admit I was a bit skeptical purchasing this album, as the samples given didn't exactly impress me, but listening to the album beginning to end, I am glad I took the risk. Awakening is one of the best albums I have found in a long time. Fans of this genre should not pass this album by simply because it's not a name you're familiar with.
on January 5, 2011
I really did not enjoy this band at all. It was a dissapointment like Mandrake-The Balance of Blue. While I can tolerate a song or two, I can see the lead singer (Vicky) in a more alternative pop band rather than gothic metal. I prefer Gothic bands such as: Mortal Love, Mandragora Scream, Flowing Tears, Dark Princess,Catafalque, Avrigus and Aenima.
To each their own,

If there is anyone here whom I have not insulted, I beg his pardon.
Johannes Brahms
on March 25, 2013
I stmbled across this band a few weeks ago while searching for a different Symphonic Metal band to listen to. All I can say is Wow, This band is totally amazing!!! I highly recommend "Winter in Eden", you will get fantastic instrumentation that ranges from heavy guitars, to keyboards and piano, as well as beautifully clear female vocals, and an added bonus....no harsh male vocals or groweling. So far, "Winter in Eden" is my best find of the year, I look forward to more music from this band in the future. Fans of this style of music, take a chance on this one, I think you will love it as much as I do.