Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Awakenings: The Best of David Nevue (2001-2010)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on March 10, 2013
Since I downloaded this album today, I've listened to it over and over. By nature, my first listen of newly purchased music is the most gut-felt critical: if it sets well with my heart upon first listen, I know that it will become a favorite and set the tone for my playlist for the next few weeks or even months. This is a *fantastic* album. It will be the focal point of my quieting/study music for some time to come.

But... there are few songs which have EVER grabbed me as "In God's Hands" did. I found myself replaying and resonating with the song as it took me on a gentle, tear welling journey. There is a powerful, sober, gentle dialogue that echoes the plaintive state of my soul as I walk with Him, speaking with Him: explaining the un-defendable, listening to His patiently repeated, merciful, heart-melting answers; the accompanying echoes in the song as I say, "I am but dust Lord, yet I am grateful... I believe I understand..."

And perhaps it is simply that I am caught up in something of my own internal struggle at the moment, but this song surely, clearly, cleanly, simply, utters a prayer that my own lips cannot fathom.

The other music on this album is also beautiful but I am most grateful, at this moment, for this offering of musical prayer.
on August 16, 2014
Heard Nevue's work online and on the "AHolyExperience dot com" website.

Excellent, deep, beautiful music.

I play it when stressed, feeling down, or at work - to drown out the cubespace noise.

After a few plays through the album, I have a couple tunes that really help my concentration and focus.

The term "beautiful" is purely subjective. I have 50+ years of experience, appreciate all types of music, and still have the high-range hearing of a teenager. This is indeed "beautiful".

JDMc
on May 20, 2014
Another hit by David Nevue. This CD contains some new pieces and some true classics and all are crafted perfectly to make this a pure joy to listen to. I have a repeat function on my Bose which allows to to listen to hours of uninterrupted music by David Nevue. No doubt that you'll want to listen too.
on June 18, 2016
First of Mr. Nevue's CD's I've gotten. I was introduced to his work accidently, listening to a new age station on the radio. Heard Treasure Falls. Blew me away. So I researched, found this CD on Amazon, sampled the rest and Eureka! Inspirational, artfully presented, and perfect for my nature. I am in awe of you Mr. Nevue. For real.
Anyone who loves solo piano that is expressive and engaging without being intrusive should give this a listen. I love the fact that Amazon lets you sample the whole CD. But I have no doubt that many who hear these snippits will feel as I do. This, people, is real music.
on January 28, 2013
I have been deeply touched by David's music. I find a lot of new age compositions banal and melodically uninspired. This is the complete opposite of those qualities. Love this work. Great for contemplative moments.
on April 18, 2012
David Nevue is an amazing pianist. His album is exquisite!
It is a favorite - along with Einaudi's Una Mattina!
I would definitely recommend it to you if you want to create a relaxing atmosphere in your home.
This vendor sent my order in a timely fashion and the product arrived in excellent condition.
No problems! Thank you!
on May 12, 2013
I tend to love instrumental music because I can talk to friends in the car while driving to my destination. I enjoy David Nevue's talent allows for that with his soft melodies. I've play this album now for weeks since receiving it from Amazon.
on January 9, 2013
This man has done wonderful things with his amazing talent to create not only beautiful music, but faith affirming worship within these songs. The lack of lyrics leave room for an imagination of finding what each song means to you and creating your own lyrics to it in your head. Lyrics that dictate how the music makes you feel and how it can change your life. Every single one of David Nevue's albums, Overcome, Whisperings, Adoration, A Delicate Joy, Revelations, Sweet Dreams & Starlight, Awakenings, O Come Emmanuel and While The Trees Sleep have done nothing short of change my life. The lull me to sleep, they keep me focused to study, they calm my fears, sooth my frustration and elate my praise and happiness. To listen to David Nevue play piano, is to listen to the Soundtrack of Heaven, if there ever were one. He is and will live on to be, my favorite and most loved musician and pianist.
on December 2, 2014
David's talent is a gift given, and joyfully shared. Rich in meaning and depth, hauntingly beautiful, his original interpretations have graced our family home for many years. We would be poorer here without them. His music has multi-generational appeal (my daughter requested all of his sheet music.) Always a delight.
on January 9, 2013
What a wonderful collection of songs! Everything I have heard of David Nevue is just fabulous. He is able to take some of the "classic" worship songs and recreate them in beautiful ways. In addition, he has his own original songs that are equally as good. Every one of his albums are beyond beautiful.