5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!!
Published 8 months ago by nenemalik00

3.0 out of 5 stars Jenna's Waterloo
Published 6 months ago by Nomdefaitour

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!!, October 22, 2013
I am a huge fan of awkward. I watched every episode in all the seasons so far. I have always liked awkward ever since it was first going to be premiered or bodcasted on tv. When I saw the sneak peak at the very beginning of all these season I loved it. In some ways I can connect with some of her promblems. Not with the intercourse thing ,but the relationship thing. That is one reason I this shows and this new season.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, February 22, 2014
One of the best shows on MTV ever. Well written, funny, relatable. A must for anyone who's ever been through high school.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great to watch, January 26, 2014
Dawn (SAN JOSE, CA, US) - See all my reviews
My teenage daughter and I watch this. She is learning what not to do in high school. It is so entertaining!!

5.0 out of 5 stars It sparks emotions and makes me think...I enjoy watching the show., January 28, 2014
Adam Rakhamim (Brooklyn, NY USA) - See all my reviews
I find Awkward to be predictable, but not in a bad way. More like a roller coaster drop is predictable, you know that a drop (or an awkward moment) is about to come and the build up to that moment is sometimes more heart pumping than the drop itself.

Moving on to something more specific, I want to share some personal takes on people and relationships in the show:

My top 3 favorite relationships in the show (seasons 1-3):
1. Jenna and Jake (Yes, I'm having a hard time moving on).
2. Austin and Sadie (My heart smiles everytime he talks to her).
3. Lacey and Kevin (not so much as parents, but definitely as a couple who had their ups and downs over the years).

The 3 things I wish were further explored:
1. Matty and Jake forgiving Jenna (unexpressed pain, anger?)
2. Valerie's life (I can't get enough of her!)
3. Matty's situation with his parents.

Final thought:
Jenna's little monologue at the end of season 3 was a tad anticlimactic. Yes, all the things she said were good pieces of advice, but they seemed way too non-sequitur. We didn't see that she learned those lessons, all we got was words. She said she learned them, but there was nothing to show for it. I think the last 2 minutes of the season finale could have been 5 separate episodes worth of conflict resolution. (No, I did not consider her victory dance to be enough, and yes, I do expect to see her plans to fall apart in the next season - but hey, that's what Awkward is about.)

Ok, one more final thought:
Jenna looked absolutely beautiful in that prom dress. When she closed her laptop and got up from the table, for that moment all my feelings about the crap she pulled disappeared, and I was left to admire her radiating beauty.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, April 2, 2014
This review is from: Awkward. Season 3, Vol. 2 [HD] (Amazon Instant Video)
If you like over dramatic, unbelievable teen comedies, this is the one. This series definitely kept my attention! Can't wait until the next season!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this show!, March 28, 2014
This was a great season. Love this show and I love that I can watch it all at once on Amazon prime.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny, March 25, 2014
This review is from: Awkward. Season 3, Vol. 2 [HD] (Amazon Instant Video)
Great cast and very funny show i highly recommend this to others who like a good comedy. Laughter is the best medicine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Molly Ringwald, March 22, 2014
This review is from: Awkward. Season 3, Vol. 2 [HD] (Amazon Instant Video)
Love this show! Reminds me of the breakfast club kind of. Funny and at times clever. We've all been through that awkward time in our lives that we refer to as adolescence.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mean girls mtv edition, January 31, 2014
Gabriel "G D" (San Diego, CA United States) - See all my reviews
What can I say, I love this show and it has a good message plus lots of attractive talented people in it

3.0 out of 5 stars Jenna's Waterloo, January 11, 2014
The best way to describe the second half of season 3 is that for the first 7 episodes, Jenna's character becomes totally despicable; although they try to redeem her character in the final 3 episodes, the best way to sum it up is what Sadie says to Jenna in the final epode, something to the effect, "It's not fun calling you a skank pot-head ho anymore, because it's just the truth." The sad thing, it really is all true, and I wonder if the viewers can accept a character so fundamentally altered? I understand Jenna will in fact be back for season 4, however, the creator of the show has abandoned the project, and the two new show runners/writers are a couple of homosexual males who are getting rid of some characters (such as Ming and the Asian Mafia) in favor of introducing two "Beavis and Butthead" type gay characters, and an African exchange student; so enjoy this last taste of the real "Awkward." because big changes are coming.

Rate and Discover Movies