4.0 out of 5 stars Smells great and very good job cleaning hair
The only problem with this product is the bottle. The shampoo is very thick, you have to shake it a lot to get shampoo out after just a few uses. If they would have designed the bottle as the kind you can leave upside down I would have given it 5 stars. Great lather, great smell, just hard to get out.
Published on February 20, 2009 by momofmany

2.0 out of 5 stars Little to no scent and dried out hair...
Published on March 19, 2009 by M. McQueen

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 48 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY NICE, December 30, 2008
This review is from: Axe Primed Just Clean Shampoo, 12-Ounce Bottle (Pack of 3) (Health and Beauty)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I AM A SHAMPOO ADDICT SO WHEN I GOT THIS I IMMEDIATELY TRIED IT AND MADE MY HUBBY TOO. I HAVE LONG, SLIGHTLY WAVY HAIR, NO ISSUES WITH IT, NOT DRY OR ANYTHING. HUBBY IS A MARINE AND HAS VERY SHORT MARINE CUT BUT HAS A DRY SCALP AND USED HEAD AND SHOULDERS UNTIL HE STARTED GETTING LITTLE BUMPS ON HIS SCALP. WE RECENTLY SETTLED ON DRAMA CLEAN BY HERBAL ESSESENCES, LOVING IT. WE BOTH TRIED THIS AND LOVE IT. IT IS VERY CLEAN SMELLING, AND VERY THICK. IT HAS THE CONSISTENCY OF BODY LOTION. IT LATHERS UP WONDERFULLY AND THE SCENT LINGERS AFTER YOU GET OUT. IT DID NOT DRY OR ADD OIL TO MY HAIR. IT MADE MY HAIR VERY SOFT AND AS FOR HUBBY, IT DID NOT DRY OUT HIS HAIR OR GIVE HIM THOSE BUMPS. I SMELLED IT ON HIM HOURS LATER AND IT SMELLS REALLY FRESH. I LOVE THIS AND WILL BUY THIS FOR MYSELF AND OH YEAH, HUBBY TOO. BECAUSE IT IS VERY THICK AND BLUE, YOU WILL BE SURPRISED BUT DON'T LET THAT STOP YOU, YOU WILL LOVE IT.

5.0 out of 5 stars With shampoo like this, who needs cologne?, December 30, 2008
J. Schneider "john_jps" (Mosinee, WI United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
While their girl-magnet commercials may be a little over the top, there is no denying that this really is fine shampoo for men: it does an admirable job cleaning and also leaves your hair with a fragrance much like that of their well-known body spray; much manlier than the either fruity or even downright soapy smell of other shampoos.

4.0 out of 5 stars You may need a bat to stave off crazed women..., December 30, 2008
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My husband used this shampoo just once, and within an hour there were ALL sorts of women following him around in the store, the gas station, the woods (some deer even got involved...) trying to sniff his hair, asking him if he's single, etc. And if you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you. :)

The instructions say "Wash, attract (women,) repeat..." so the marketing is a little "OVER THE TOP" and definitely geared toward young single men.

At least my husband and I got a laugh out of it, and it's nice to see a company that's not afraid to try having a sense of humor. It will gain attention for that if nothing else. He didn't like the cap, (though we thought the push button opening was cool) because he says the lid quickly gummed up with the shampoo, making it more difficult to close.

My husband did say that he liked the scent, (hmmm...it's meant to atttract women, so what does THAT mean I wonder?) and that his head felt almost "cold" when he came out of the shower, as the shampoo gave his scalp sort of a "fresh" feeling, similar to the effect menthol has in a cough drop. I thought the scent was ok, but apparently it's not pheromone-laden or anything that would cause me to lose control. :)

It's reasonably priced compared to similar products I saw on the shelves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Guys don't have to smell like peaches or flowers, December 28, 2008
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
'Axe' has become a very popular brand of Men's care products such as deoderant and cologne. Now they are introducing shampoo. No longer does a man have to smell like peaches or coconut, selecting from hair shampoo products mostly designed for women. 'Axe' shampoo has a clean, masculine scent. A small amount in the palm makes for plenty of lather, and it rinses clean away without residue. Hair and scalp both look and feel healthy after only a few shampoos. I highly recommend this personal care product. Enjoy!

4.0 out of 5 stars No flocking women, but I've got clean hair!, December 27, 2008
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Axe's shampoo really is a good "man" shampoo considering the scent. Bottle is very well designed, although, in the shower it can be a little difficult to open when wet, but overall, I like the product. My hair feels clean afterwards, but also has a nice pleasant smell that you'd find with men-focused product. Unlike the commercials, I didn't expect nor have women flocking to me just because I used Axe shampoo, but I really can't complain about the product. It does what I'd expect a similar product to do, and it does it just fine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well but don't expect miracles., December 23, 2008
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
After seeing some of Axe's funny tv ads (where the ugly guy gets the attention of pretty girls), I was wondering about the pheromone-type allure of this product. The Amazon price is very affordable for a 3-pack of 12 oz. shampoos but the external website price is high for just one bottle. The convenient push button / pop-open top allows easy dispensing and no waste. This shampoo has a piney, slightly musky cologne scent.

Since I shower twice a day (once in the morning, and once after work/workout in the evening), I was pleasantly surprised by this shampoo: Not too harsh to overly dry hair or irritate scalp; Scent is not too overwhelming (my family didn't complain, staff at my office didn't comment on my fresher smelling hair). As to the hypnotic allure of captivating beautiful young ladies: could only happen in the tv ads or if you look like Brad Pitt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gee, your hair smells terrific!, December 21, 2008
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a fun shampoo. Well, as fun as a shampoo can get, at least. ;-)

The bottle is compact, and has an easy to press button on the lid that flips open the top. Great for soapy hands.

The color is a transparent blue gel, which is a little out of the ordinary. The scent is a light fruity smell, like blueberry or raspberry. I haven't quite figured out the scent, and maybe the blue colored gel and bottle is throwing me, but you get the idea. The scent sticks around, but only lightly, so you won't have to worry about it announcing your presence or competing with your cologne.

Good stuff! The only drawback I can see is that it is very new and hard to find. I bought one at Target as part of a gift box set (they don't have the individual bottles at mine yet). I also spotted it in a local supermarket recently, alongside the new line of hair gels, so it is slowly making its way out there.

Inexpensive, fun, and a nice scent. Oh, and it does a good job cleaning hair, too!

What more could you ask for?

Sean P. Logue, 2008

4.0 out of 5 stars Manly shampoo that won't knock you over with the scent, December 18, 2008
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My husband uses this shampoo every day, mostly because he doesn't want to use my color-deposit stuff or anything that will make him smell like kiwis. I also have three nephews, a cousin and an uncle who are addicted to Axe products, and this sure does help that Axe craving they seem to get. In fact, they all specifically ask for Axe as gifts for birthdays and Christmas. They can't seem to get enough of it.

My problem with men's grooming products in general is that often the smell is enough to knock you over. It's not a bad smell, but it's powerful enough to sting my eyes sometimes. My husband has used some men's shampoos and shower gels so powerful that I couldn't sleep at night because it was overpowering me. As an allergy sufferer, something like that can set off chain-sneezing for me that never ends.

This shampoo does NOT have an overpowering scent. It's definitely still manly, but it doesn't send me reaching for a gas mask, and in fact is quite pleasant, even in its concentrated form in the bottle. I have to say the flip-top cap is a bit of a bummer since pumps are always so much more convenient in the shower. However, it does the job and keeps hair clean (I can vouch for that!) without drying it out... and the man still feels manly, the wife has a clean hubby, and everybody's happy. :-)

2.0 out of 5 stars Little to no scent and dried out hair..., March 19, 2009
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My husband used this shampoo and was impressed with it at all. Although he felt it cleaned his hair alright, he felt more strongly that it made his hair very dry ("like a haystack" is how he put it). Although I thought it smelled good out of the bottle, I could not smell it on his hair, even immediately after he used it. For a product like this I definitely thought the scent would (and shoul) stick around longer than opening the bottle.

We would not buy this again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice light scent, don't use with dyed or dry hair, January 7, 2009
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is definitely formulated for men and targets normal to oily hair that has not been permed or dyed.

In our family the hair tends to be dry and some of us have chemically treated hair. So, after we each tried it once, we converted it to a body wash and are quite happy using it in that capacity.

We absolutely LOVE the scent.

ETA: I forgot to mention that I love the "pop top". You press a button on the side of the cap and it pops open. It is a very convenient design.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 48 | Next ›