4.0 out of 5 stars nice scent, decent shampoo
I've used Axe for a while now. I go to the gym daily, and swim a lot, so my hair can get pretty stringy. I've tried a bunch of shampoo and I've come to like Axe pretty well. Mainly I like the scent, it reminds me of pine cones. Anyhow, Axe is a bit more expensive than some products that you can buy in the supermarket, but a decent value when you consider how long a...
Published on January 30, 2009 by GameMaker

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Shampoo
At 56 years of age I do not need "girl approved" hair. Nevertheless, I have been using this shampoo for a few weeks and not a single person of either sex has said anything to me about my hair, how great it smells, etc. So I think all this "girl approved" nonsense is just that - nonsense. A cute marketing gimmick.

The shampoo itself is pretty good. I have oily...
Published on January 22, 2009 by D. Houston

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 48 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, Smells Great!!, January 15, 2009
Dan McKinnon (Tewksbury, MA USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Axe Primed Just Clean Shampoo, 12-Ounce Bottle (Pack of 3) (Health and Beauty)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I don't know if Axe products will get you ultra-hot women like the commercials suggest but the one thing they will do is get you clean!! The 'Axe Primed Just Clean Shampoo, 12-Ounce Bottle' is a great smell, good performing product. I didn't have any reactions to it with my very sensitive skin and I smelled good and had a great experience with it!!

If you are looking for a cost-effective shampoo that will get you clean and ready for the day this is a sure hit!!

***** RECOMMENDED

4.0 out of 5 stars Hubby Loved This, January 13, 2009
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Not only did my hubby like the scent, the clean feeling of his hair and beard but he also like the way the bottle was so much easier to use than that of other shampoos. I must say after he used the shampoo his beard puffed up really nicely. Nothing like a man with a soft beard that is great to snuggle with.
The scent was quite pleasing, not too strong like most men's products. Hubby said that this is a product he will most certainly use again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Those ads are true!, January 9, 2009
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I got this for my husband to try. I have always been curious about the Axe products, because of their sexy ads. I do love this scent. In fact, after I smelled my husband after using this shampoo, I went and got him some other Axe products. My husband also liked the scent, but he said that his hair was sqeaky clean after using it(maybe just a little too harsh of a shampoo?).

5.0 out of 5 stars With shampoo like this, who needs cologne?, December 30, 2008
J. Schneider "john_jps" (Mosinee, WI United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
While their girl-magnet commercials may be a little over the top, there is no denying that this really is fine shampoo for men: it does an admirable job cleaning and also leaves your hair with a fragrance much like that of their well-known body spray; much manlier than the either fruity or even downright soapy smell of other shampoos.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Shampoo!, January 5, 2009
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This shampoo is amazing! The great smell is enough to sell me, but it's great shampoo besides. I've tried many shampoos that claim to provide "body" and this shampoo beats them all! Using this product immediately made my hair fuller and more manageable. I'm really sold and would recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Axe Nothing better!, April 28, 2009
W. Nolan (Rhode Island, USA) - See all my reviews
I use just about everything AXE has! I love there stuff, This Shampoo is no different and it gets hair clean which it is supposed to do! The scent is great as is the scent of the shower gels and the two together work perfectly...Yup I am an AXE addict for life! Buy it, its great!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Shampoo, January 22, 2009
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

The shampoo itself is pretty good. I have oily hair and must wash it daily. This is a very thick blue colored shampoo and it does not require much to really do a good job of cleaning my hair. And it does do a good job. But with regular shampoos (e.g., VO5) costing $1 per bottle, I have difficulty understanding why anyone would pay $5 for a bottle of this shampoo. But some people like to waste money I guess, and if you are one of these people, this shampoo might be perfect for you. The extra money apparently pays for the "girl approved" marketing campaign and the fancy bottle.

As for smell, I have noticed when I put this on in the shower that it has a light coconut smell to it. But once I am done and my hair dry, the smell cannot be detected. And I consider it the purpose of cologne, not shampoo, to provide a pleasing body odor.

Bottom line is 3 stars. Good shampoo and it does the job well on my oily hair. Thicker than most shampoos, which means you use less. The girl approved nonsense is just marketing hype. Smell is weak and reminds me of coconuts. Were I rating this as an ordinary shampoo at $1 a bottle I would give it 5 stars. But at $5 or more per bottle, I rate it 3 stars. The high price makes it lesser of a value to me

4.0 out of 5 stars "Wash, Attract, Repeat", December 30, 2008
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
To start, this shampoo comes in a very sturdy bottle, and the push button cap open is indeed easy to work with soapy hands. A thumb size button on the side of the cap when pushed releases/opens a pancake dome lid on top. Unfortunately this opening ease also means that the cap is not very tight. In a mail order this may mean some leakage (mine leaked out slightly in the box, not too terrible though). The shampoo is a clear blue gel, the THICKEST shampoo gel that I have ever come across. A thumbnail size glob is quite adequate for a full head of foam. The shampoo is advertised as "simply clean", ie no conditioners, no anti dandruff, no anti frizz, etc. Well, except for the trademark AXE fragrance that is.

To quote from the bottle, with AXE you "Get Girl approved Hair" and "Directions: Wash, Attract, Repeat". This approved part indeed appears to be true, at least as far as my better half is concerned. The fragrance is actually lighter than quite a lot of other scented shampoos. It is a clean, ocean fresh type of scent with quite distinct mango overtones.

If you are pressed for, or concerned about a total GQ combination of grooming products (deodorant, anti-perspirant, after shave, shower gel, body spray, etc), you can always go with the matching AXE products. However I find that other "clean/fresh scent" or nautical scent type products work well with Axe Primed Shampoo also. For me, heavier/sweeter or heavily spice scented products were too much of a contrast.

Happy "Attracting"!

4.0 out of 5 stars It cleans hair..., January 6, 2009
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm not sure how to review shampoo, but here goes nothing. Axe Primed does what it says it does...it cleans hair, and it does it well. It left my hair feeling clean and smelling good enough, although the scent is overpowering, and not in the "hey, a swarm of women" way. Still, it doesn't leave much as far as residue and does leave my hair feeling clean and quite full. If anything, that last part is the most surprising bit. I'm getting a little older, and frankly, my hair is thinning. Nizoral (the dandruff shampoo) is my potion of choice when it comes to adding fullness to my hair (and that won't change), but the Axe does an admirable job.

The only negative aspect that I have to report is that after using the product a few days, I did start noticing dandruff. This is definitely not a dandruff-control product, nor does it claim to be, and while my hair type is predisposed to the flakes that don't melt, I was surprised that it nullified the Nizoral as fast as it did (I hadn't seen a flake in a good six months). If you don't have dandruff issues, then I'd gather that this won't start them, but if you're predisposed to the stuff, then Axe Primed might be a bit too drying.

Overall, Axe Primed is a good product, and does the job that it's billed to do. That it adds a lot of fullness to hair is a good thing, especially for the guys out there whose hair has started to thin a bit. The scent is a bit strong, but I'm guessing that's part of the draw of the Axe product line.

4.0 out of 5 stars Top with maraschino cherry...., January 3, 2009
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
[First a word of warning: you may not want to take Health and Beauty tips from a guy who grew a beard because he didn't pay attention when shaving and who can't wait to go bald so there's one less grooming concern.]

Share a bathroom with three kids for long enough and you get to the point where your toughest cleanser question is: Baby Shampoo or Green Apple-flavored foaming shampoo & soap.Then comes a day when the eldest son's class gets taught about sexual hygiene and suddenly, he starts smelling more manly than you because he's using Axe soap, shampoo and deodorant. Such a situation can not stand, so I've been trying out the soaps for grown-ups again.

One quickly discovers that there's a fine line between giving off a more manly scent and smelling like a cheap gigolo. Suave makes a nice cheap men's shampoo that's subtle enough you won't feel like you should be pumicing the dead skin off your meal ticket's feet. That's the one I've settled on. But this Axe brand was free, so I gave it a shot.

It lathers up quite nicely and feels thick on your scalp, but it has a fragrance that's a tad fruity. No, not gay, but sort of suitable for the produce aisle. On the other hand, The Wife likes it, so we'll be ordering a gallon tub.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 48 | Next ›