Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: AXESS PBBT2701 Portable Bluetooth Boombox with CD, FM Stereo, USB/MP3
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on August 2, 2013
the radio works great. paring my andriod phone over blue tooth was so easy i did not even need the instructions. the radio seems well built and is easy to use.

the reasons i did not give it five stars are for the following:

1.) the power cord going into the back of the radio plugs in to a rather flimsy connector and the power cord uses brick rather than having the power conversion circuitry within the radio enclosure. It is not like the 115 VAC connectors on the back of VCR's or DVD players which are nice a sturdy. i worry that with extended use, the connector may fail.

2.) to change from AM/FM/CD/BT there is no selector switch but a button. every time the radio is turned off it defaults to AM so i need to press this button multiple times to get it to BT which is the main way this radio will be used. this is both annoying, and i feel that over time the button will wear out prematurely, and i will have no other method to change the input method.

3.) the radio is not as loud as i was hoping for. the radio this replaced (since the old one got stolen) was much louder.

other than those issues, i am very happy so far.
on August 13, 2013
I hoped this unit would be better after reading the reviews but the first time I used the CD player with a new CD disk it skipped and had static. I tried 2 more CD's and the same thing happened after the first song. Returning the unit. Thanks Amazon for standing by your products.
on January 10, 2014
We bought this as a Christmas gift and we were disappointed when it did not work. We sent it back and were sent a second one which also was defective. Neither would play. We returned the second unit and got a refund. I believe this product is poorly made and I do not recommend it.
on January 17, 2014
This boombox was a great purchase... or so we thought. It worked upon receiving it; we got the Bluetooth going and were thrilled to have a radio we could control via our phones. However, within a week of using it, it stopped working completely. Now, the radio is the only thing that works and the cd player and Bluetooth options are useless.

Please don't waste your money buying this product. It was a HUGE disappointment.
on August 14, 2013
I purchased to listen to educational CD's at work - but there is no headphone jack.
I will keep it for other uses - but I was very disappointed that a boom box
did not have a wire jack for a headphone.

Also - I tried bluetooth headphones and that did not work -- the blue tooth would import from smartphone but would not export sound to headphones that had bluetooth wireless

Overall:Disappointed simply for the headphone jack issue.
on October 9, 2013
I had read from previous reviewers that their product arrived with a broken CD player, but I decided to take a chance. Bad choice. CD player was broken on arrival for my Boombox as well.
on January 30, 2014
This player will serve the purpose of playing music if you aren't trying to blast out. The quality isn't the best. The item has a very cheap feel. It doesn't read some CDs. I haven't tried the USB option which would be the most attractive feature but the sound quality was so disappointing that I only used it once. It would make a great gift for a child 12 or younger. In that arena it's more than sufficient, but If your looking for bass and good sound quality this really doesn't do it. Also I found that the power cord is oddly short as well.
on June 29, 2013
I needed a portable player for my sewing room. This product totally fit the bill. Surprisingly good sound for it's small size. I love that it will also has USB and MP3 ports. I would highly recommend it.
on February 6, 2014
I feel it is a little pricey but well worth it. The boom box is for my mother. She loves the fact that she does not have to connect her phone to it with a wire. It also has that capability for my iPod. It plays the radio and is compact. Brilliant for on the go.
on September 2, 2013
I purchased two of these MP3 CD playeers because of the unique ability to store MP3's on disc, not only as a permanent storage device, but to also have the ability to catalog the discs in an organized manner. The sound is very clear and the volume is very good. The speakers are high quality as well as the player in general. I had a different MP3 player previously that worked well but when it quit working, I was shocked to know that most retail stores no longer carry such a very useful item! I went online to Amazon.com with confidence knowing that if any such item can be found, that I could find some there. I wanted to purchase a very high quality product because I wanted the player to last longer than a few years. Every item I have purchased from Amazon.com has given me the best possible quality for the price I paid. The only suggestion I can give for this item is to be sure and read the simple instructions. When the power cord is plugged in, there is a red LED light that comes on. My only assumption was that the red LED was a "power-on" light, but the actual power button must be pressed in order to power on the player. The reason I ordered two of these players is because I want to ensure that I can have such a quality device as long as possible, maybe for the next 20 years or more. I'm sure they won't be available in a few more years. These players are smartly designed and even have a USB connection for plugging in a flash drive full of MP3's. The best part about ordering these from Amazon is the lightning-fast delivery! I have also contacted Amazon.com a couple of times for various customer service and I was always given the best solutions for my unique questions. I high recommend this item to everyone reading this testimonial. If you have never owned an MP3 DC disc player, you really are missing a grand opportunity to have such quality in a portable player!
44 comments|10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse