Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on March 7, 2012
Just got this in today (03/7/2012) I could not find one review for this product and took a chance. Why partial because I need to see how it holds up and more testing, however I will tell you what I do know.
Device looks nice and sturdy, good picture and lots of picture options for a great price.
You can adjust Brightness, Saturation, Hue, Contrast, add a password,audio and other picture adjustments.
DVD, CD, Home burned DVD regular and MP4, home burned CD (Copy) work fine, JPEG files work also. What did not work were Music MP3 (See's file won't play it, Movies burned to CDR do not work (will read title but not play).
Audio from device is ok not too loud but just enough, picture can be viewed from angles and looks good, I like the controls at the front of device, but remote is really handy, once you get it down. Movement or bouncing does not affect this device it just keeps playing without a hitch!!
What I do NOT like, Device opens from top and is somewhat ackward, I could not get the memory to work when powered down it would just restart movie (Bummer) it does have an option for memory but does not seem to work? No Headphones.
Thats all for now, will update once I take it for a ride in the car and child test it as well.. Seems like a nice device, better than the nasty Sylvania I had before it that only lasted me one trip. Hope this helps for now.
Also forgot the picture they have on this site is not the actual one, if you scroll further down you will see the real picture of the item.
UPDATE 06/2012....
I have now officially used the dvd player on 3 road trips, one was an 8 hr drive, all I can say is it has held up well, outlasting my 5 yr olds wear and tear, another cool thing we have done is connect a controller that has built in video games and works perfect. This was a steal for me. One thing that surprised me was the way to hook it up the passenger headrest, I thought for sure it would not work, boy was I wrong, works perfect, fastens and tightens very well, who would have known.
1212 comments65 of 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 20, 2012
I don't know what more you could expect. I am totally pleased with this purchase. I read reviews from every product out there and considered purchasing the larger 9" screen model for 3x the cost, but worked perfectly. We took a vacation and the drive time, round trip, turned out to be around 20 hours. The two DVD players never missed a beat. When we would stop and turn off the car the DVD player would remember the spot where the movie stopped at and start right back up at that location, rather than having to start the movie from the beginning which is a problem with some other models out there. We LOVED!!! that this player included a remote. Talk about making life easy, however, the remotes only work when pointed at the front of the player. It's a lot easier to lean back and push the play button on a remote than it is to get out of your seat belt and climb over the center console to push the play button on the DVD player. Our 5 year old understood how to work the unit very quickly - in fact, we only had to change the movie two times before she figured out where the play and pause button were on the front of the unit. I would say that the audio was a bit quiet, but our kids never complained that they couldn't hear the movie and that was my observation from the front seat. Plus, my kids would occasionally put their head phones on and listen to a movie that way. Overall, I would buy this product again and I would refer other people to it. These things weight next to nothing, but they seem to have some quality to them. They do feel like you are holding piece of plastic. The screen quality was very good, I have no complaints with anything. They also strapped to the backs of the head rests very easily and were solidly in place. I think the three wires that connected the two DVD players together measured about 4' long so if you are thinking of having one player in the middle row and another in the back row I don't think that will work unless you purchase some new wires. The player can only play one DVD at a times well. You do not have the option of playing say Car's on one player and Cinderella on the other. Hope that answers all your questions and concerns.
0Comment30 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 19, 2012
I just received the set today. I have added pictures and will try to upload a little video of the volume. First Impression is pretty good! I bought this because we will be going on vacation on a 4 hour drive(not too long I know)and even thought we already have one dvd player..we have 3 kids now..the other system we have is one of those folding single screen and just isn't a good idea for 3 kids ranging 13-1.5 yrs old..

a few points I'd like to make are listed below:
* Picture is not what you get..it's even prettier.
* Only the main screen has a stand in the back, second screen has a little tripod or stand female socket.
* You get the battery with the remote.
* Remote does NOT control volume,you have to maneuver it using the little volume wheels on the side of each screen.
* I tried everything to get the memory to work, but as soon as there is no power to the unit you get to start over.
* I don't think that the internal battery will function if it's not connected to a power source...you cannot go cordless.
* The second screen's color is lighter than the main screen, but not a bad picture at all.
* Volume is really good.
* Screen Saver comes on after 5 minutes on pause.
I think that as long as you have a power source connected and pause is on you will be able to start from that point in the movie.I haven't tried it on the road, and I only had it on for about 20 minutes while I gathered info for my review.. but I do plan on coming back to update once we've had a chance to try it on Vacation... for the most part, I am happy with my purchase (for now)I also plan on going to [...] to see if there is more info on the players... the instruction manual is very general.

Hope this review helps!
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
11 comment8 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 29, 2012
Ok/ so after reading the reviews, I was hesitant, but I must give these dvd players 5 stars. They came on time, the picture quality is excellent, they both work without a hitch, the volume is very loud, unlike some of the other reviews, and so far I am 100% extremely pleased with it. This is only the first hour we have them, but I will let you know after out 4 day adventure from Iowa to south Florida..
stay tuned...
on August 14, 2012
Purchased this for a 7 day road trip so my kids could watch some movies. Picture quality was good, although near the end of the trip one of the screens would sometimes turn blue. I was always able to get the picture back, but am concerned about the life of that screen. Another annoying thing was the sound was just not loud enough. When the screens were hanging they were very hard to hear, so my kids had to keep them in their laps or use headphones (which wasn't always an option since I have more than two kids and there are only two screens/headphone jacks). I knew this was a cheap model, but I'm hoping I can get more than one trip out of it. Not sure yet though.
on August 21, 2013
total waste of time, sure we got about eight viewing hours outta of it then the main screen (that sends the info to the second screen) started to short out! so now it doesn't work at all and I can't find ways to replace any of it or salvage it
on October 29, 2013
This seems like a simple, straight forward installation, however there are a few issues. To begin the cable connecting the two units had and end broken off which rendered the remote head useless. Fortunately the dealer quickly replaced the cable with a second one.
The power cable while long enough for most needs seems very thin and flimsley.
The cable connecting the two heads is kind of short leaving very few routing options and thereby leaving the cable where active little people in the back seat may be able to damage it.
The controls on both units are are on the right side of the respective units. The driver can reach behind his/her head to turn the unit on/off etc. and adjust the volume, but the controls for whichever unit is on the right seat are out of reach.
It remains to be seen how useful the remote will be.
The straps for holding the heads in place are ackward and hard to figure out.
For the money I guess it's ok, but we'll look a little harder at the design next time.
on May 30, 2013
First of all let me say that I really only brought these because they were cheap. The reviews I read were for the most part positive so I didn't feel like I was taking a huge risk. The info on the product said that it had a A/V input, there is even a picture of a A/V input. The picture that you see is the input you would use to connect it to the A/V out of the main screen. You "CAN NOT" plug in anything else. My plan was to mount a soft modded PS2 in my car with a hard drive so that a didn't need game disk but since this can not be used for that oh well. The screens themselves are not too bad the second screen is a little lighter than the first you might wouldn't notice unless someone told you what to look for. It comes with the head rest straps,the car adapter, and a house plug too. I wish it came with a case but maybe that's asking a bit much for a $60 buy. All in all I don't think you will be disappointed.
on April 8, 2014
This worked fine and my kids loved it (aside from the fact that movies start from the beginning every time it's turned off and on) until the second screen quit working about 10 months in. Wish I would have listened to other reviewers! But I needed something fast and not too expensive (I paid $80 at the time) and decided to try my luck. Well, my luck ran out! I fully expect something of this price to work for at least the first year. Should have just bit the bullet and paid more up front. Oh, and the sound on the second DVD player was horrible. I've been able to find very little information about the warranty, and from what I did find, the company will either repair or replace it, but on my dollar for shipping costs. No thanks. Don't bother!!!
on February 16, 2013
I am absolutely not impressed with this brand at all. I had several problems:
1. The dvd player would only play 2 min of the movie then start the dvd player over from the very start. This happened only while using the cigarette lighter power. When i plugged in the regular plug-in (I have an adapter in my car) it worked fine. I was willing to deal with that until the rest of the issues also appeared.
2. The movie restarts every time you turn the car off. There is NO memory function whatsoever.
3. Used the second screen and it quit working in less than 15 min.
I returned it and asked for a refund. I'm not even going to bother with an exchange. I am very disappointed with this product.