Most helpful positive review
95 of 99 people found the following review helpful
Some custom programming was needed. CSR and Instructions are poor, but product is great!
on May 6, 2013
This unit automatically programmed itself and all the buttons work flawlessly except my factory buttons for "Next Preset" were set to "Seek Up" and "Seek Down." So Sirius XM would go from 101 then 102 then 103 etc. or the next frequency on the FM dial - If I was on 95.5 it would then select 95.7 then 95.9 as it will not jump up to 98.9 as the next preset in line.
After waiting on hold for 10 minutes the first time and hanging up, I waited 27 minutes the second time until I finally got to speak with a CSR. He explained that if the radio remote does not have a "next preset" feature, then you couldn't program the unit to do that either. Luckily, my new Pioneer DOES have that option on the remote so I read the instructions about 8 times until I finally understood how to "Remap" the buttons (custom program them.)
It took me 3 or 4 tries to get it right (due to crappy instructions) but in the end, I got the "next preset" working exactly like my factory radio used to do. I will attempt to layout in simpler instructions how to setup the buttons for the ASWC-1. The instructions are on page 16 and chart for buttons is on 19 of the manual.
For other preset options, reference the chart on page 19. Keep in mind, you must go in order of the chart. To skip any # you don't want programmed, press the "Volume Up" button to go to then next number on the chart. Good luck and GodSpeed!
1) Make sure the ASWC-1 is visible so you can see the LED.
2) Turn radio off.
3) Turn ignition on.
4) Immediately press the "Volume Up" on the steering wheel for 20 seconds until GREEN light comes on. (Instructions say red.)
5) Release button. (Green LED will go out.) - This is #1 on the chart on page 19. So you just reprogrammed "Volume Up" again.
6) #2 on the Chart is "Volume Down" so Press "Volume Down" on the wheel for about 1 second until you see green light, then let go.
7) #3 on the Chart says "Seek Up" which I wanted to skip, so to bypass #3 on the list, you press "Volume Up" for 1 second until you see green LED, then let go.
8) #4 on the chart says "Seek Down" Which I also bypassed by pressing the "Volume Up" button for 1 second, seeing green LED, and letting go.
9) #5 is "Source" - So I pressed the source key on my steering wheel for 1 second until I saw the Green LED, then let go.
10) #6 on chart is "Mute" so skipped by pressing "Volume Up" for 1 second and letting go.
11) #7 on chart is "Preset Up" so pressed Preset up on my wheel for 1 second, saw green LED and let go.
12) #8 on chart is "Preset Down" so press Preset down on my wheel for 1 second, see green LED and let go.
13) All my buttons were done now so to exit, press "Volume Up" for 10 seconds until Green LED goes out.
Finished! I hope this helps some of you.
I upgraded the product from 3 to 4 stars due to working properly but did not go to 5 stars due to poor CSR and instructions.