Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on February 28, 2010
This is a good price for these substantial works, but readers should be aware that the type size used in this edition is very small. Older readers or those with bad eyesight might want to buy a full-sized version.
0Comment|301 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 15, 2010
If you interested in reading these books do not buy this box set. The print font is the smallest imaginable...
55 comments|203 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 9, 2010
The point size of this typeface is too small to read.It's a pity I will not be able to read the books.Beware before you order this item.
0Comment|120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 3, 2010
I was looking to buy this set so I checked it out in a store. I thought maybe the reviews about the small print were exaggerated but this is about the size of the fine print on a credit card offer. Definitely go for the Centennial edition as the print was normal size in that one.
on August 19, 2011
When I saw all the other negative reviews about print size, I just thought to myself "Boy, don't old people just complain about everything."

Having just received the books, I had to move to better light and squint with my 21 year old 20/20 eyes just to make sure someone didn't draw narrow black lines across all the pages (seriously, it's like 2 size font in MS Word). While it is appealing to buy both books for such a low price, I would suggest you throw a magnifying glass in with your order just in case you do not have bionic vision.
on September 3, 2010
I love Ayn Rand, but the print is much too small in this boxed set. Do your eyes a favor, spend a bit more, and really enjoy the read!
on March 28, 2011
When I read the review mentioning the print I scoffed, but it really is unbelievably small. I am 25 and my eyes hurt after reading more than fifteen pages in this book. It is a great deal, but I am now going to buy another copy that has a larger (see: normal) print size.
on November 27, 2009
Ayn Rand taught that each of us has the ability to grow regarles of what is going in the world. She is a lover of what is. When you argue with reality, she said, you lose 100% of the time. Ayn Rand taught tha the best year of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own, you do not blame them on your mother, your father, the ecology, or the President. You control your own destiny, Use the fredoom that the democratic system offer to grow. According to her we are disturbed not by what happens to us, but by our thoughts about what happens.
55 comments|85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 4, 2011
I should have researched the dimensions before ordering, I suppose, but the books are so small that they seem like cubes and are not comfortable to hold. The words are absolutely tiny. I tried to read it, laying in bed with it 5 inches from my face and it just wasn't happening.

The books are very long, they should be published in a bigger dimension so the words aren't so small. I am stuck with them, I guess.
on August 20, 2012
It looked like a great deal, but it's not. As stated by several others, the type is way too small, so your eyes will be strained to focus on the text.

But that's not the worst part. The biggest problem with the copy I received two months ago was that a printing error cut off the bottom two lines of nearly 100 pages.

I truly don't understand how Amazon can sell this without shame. I discovered this too late to return it easily, and the $13 price tag is too low to make the effort of shipping it back worthwhile.

This is my first Amazon buy gone bad.