Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Azend Group Corp Envizen Digital Quartet ED8890A Portable Television and Dvd Player, 9" LCD, Black
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 8, 2010
When I started shopping around the portable TV, DVD, I found this product, it's cheaper than Brand name like Sony but comes with more features like Digital turner and usb port and SD card reader, and it's a 9" widescreen LCD which looks 50% larger than old 7".
It's a real good product. Plays long (2.5 hours). Color adjustings great. Love the little remote it came with. Has the car adapter, RF Antenna and Antenna adapter and carrying case mounts to the back of your car seat. It's cool in the car too. No hdmi though. Volume is good.
Also you can plug and play music or watch movies stored on your USB drive or SD card, which is pretty cool, while I'm waiting for my kid.
Overall, this is a good portable entertainment system, you can watch dvd, movies from USB or TV by using digtal antenna and you can connect to your big screen at home.
11 comment| 115 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 24, 2012
Like many others I was looking for an all-in-one device to use during power outages. I found myself "on-the-fence" after reading the reviews here but decided to make the purchase anyway.

My review is only based on having this DVD/TV combo for one day but I believe I tested everything except using it in the car. Two small issues were a dead battery in the remote and the antenna adapter was missing. I happened to have the battery and purchased the antenna adapter at a local Radio Shack for $6.00.

As others have indicated, the sound is tinny and louder when watching TV compared to a DVD. I didn't find the DVD volume too bad, though. The maximum volume is 20 and I had it at 15 at the highest but I was home with no noise. I solved the volume issue by connecting my Jensen SMPS-650 bluetooth speakers Jensen Portable Bluetooth Wireless Rechargeable Speaker for iPod iPad iPhone and all Mobile Devices.

1. TV: I tried the included antenna as well as two others I own
and received practically the same channels. unfortunately,
the my favorite channel, ABC channel 7 does not come in. At
least there are 10 or so other channels I can choose. The
channel scan does not take long. I scanned near a window to
try and get the most channels and also attached the magnet
base to something metal; it does help.

2. DVD/CD: I tested a commercial video and one I copied to a
DVD-RW and both worked without any problem and looked good on
the screen. I did not hear any noise coming from the spinning
spindle. It was quiet.

3. USB/SD slot: I have a lot of data on my 32gb usb flash drive
so it did take awhile for the data to appear but everything
appeared and was able to watch downloaded TV series videos.
Next, I inserted to an SD card and viewed my photos. Again,
with no problem. When viewing photos, the device has built-in
transitions for fading in and out of each photo. I haven't
checked to see if you can change the timing between each
photo.

4. A/V In: using the included A/V cable, I connected the cables
to my cable set box and plugged the other end into the audio
out and switched to device to the A/V function and was able
to watched all cable channels. On a whim I used a set of
iPhone A/V cables and connected them to the included A/V
cable; again audio out. I went to the iPhone video app and
could view the videos on the DVD player.

5. A/V out: to watch a DVD on a larger TV, use the included A/V
cables, and connect one end to the A/V out and the other
end to the A/V connection on the TV. the DVD player worked
well, however, as another reviewer mentioned, the sound was
also coming from the DVD speakers as well as the TV. To solve
this issue, I turned the manual volume contro located on the
front right side of the device and now only the TV speakers
are on. There is a button on the front of the DVD below the
screen to turn off the LCD screen. You have to press and hold
it down until the DVD screen goes blank. This does not
the larger TV screen.

All in all, despite the DVD volume, and missing antenna adapter, I found the Envizen DVD/TV better than expected. For my purposes of using this device when there are power outage, I feel this will work out fine. I will continue to test and use to make sure no other issue come up.

I added some photos of the packaging, the DVD/TV itself and screen displays of videos and TV.
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
on January 3, 2011
I got this for my wife to use in the kitchen, in place of our old 4" analog TV (with converter box). It hooks up to "amplified" rabbit ears (coax cable connection), and gets about 15 signals in our neighborhood (Akron, Ohio)- same as the old TV. The small external antenna that comes with the TV doesn't do very well, however.

The only downside is the very poor (low volume) speakers. However, this was easily fixed by buying a $20 pair of small laptop speakers from Best Buy - now it is loud enough for any room, even outdoors. Speaker cable plugs into the TV earphone jack.

Picture quality is good, and DVDs play well. I like the fact that it will also play photos from a USB thumb drive or SD card, too.

My wife loves it, now that we added the speakers. With standard speakers, it would not be as nice.
on October 18, 2010
This product was just what I was looking for, convenient for anywhere and the price matches its quality. I used to try to read a book as I tanned before going out for a surf but I would just fall asleep, now I bring the 9 inch to watch movies and it's great. When I go on a long drive with heavy traffic, the kids can watch their shows/movies on the 9 inch and not get fussy. I travel a lot so when I get stuck in the airport because of delays, I pull the 9 inch LCD out. I love it (=
on December 21, 2010
I found this great value in Amazon. It has all the features I wanted for half the price of other name-brand players. The quality and size of the picture is great, and I was able to download YouTube videos using a plug-in, convert them to MPEG-4, a view them with a memory stick.

I love the ability to turn the screen around, even 180 degrees, and then folding back. Funnily, some people thought that my daughter had her own iPad.

I found the quality a bit lacking, though. A couple rubber screw-covers came off shortly after buying, and the car electric converter doesn't seem to work anymore. However, we have found that we rarely need it, thanks to the 2.5 hours battery. In general, it doesn't give the feeling of a solid product.

The player stops playing DVD's if you push on the DVD door (you can avoid that by using the "iPad" folding I mentioned before), but it is resilient to movement. Be careful if you use SD memory of USB's, because they come off very easily, and kids can take them off by accident just by manipulating the viewer.

However, it has survived my toddler, and besides the minor issues, she has enjoyed it a lot. I love the TV feature, which allows its own antenna, or connecting to an external antenna. I didn't know digital air TV looked so good.

All in all, it's worth it, with the caveats I mentioned before.
on January 21, 2011
I ordered this unit,choosing the lower cost seller.When I received the unit it was not working,so I returned it back to seller,had to pay for shipping which eliminated any advantage of lower price and when received it again back is was working only for couple of days and now is not working again.
on December 28, 2010
This unit does not receive channels in the 7-13 range without the purchase of another type of antenna. I called Customer Service about the lack of reception for channels 11 and 13 in Baltimore, MD. I live within 6.5 miles of the stations. They informed me that I need to purchase a better antenna as the unit does not pickup channels 7-13 (Hi-V) without purchasing a better antenna. The unit does receive UHF stations just fine. The sound from the unit reminds me of an old transitor radio - very poor. From my perspective it is not worth the purchase price. Luckily Amazon.com has a 30 day return policy for this item.
on September 25, 2011
I gave this item 3 stars for the quality of it. When I say it needs perking up, it's in the volume of the speakers. You have to hold it about 3 inches from your ear to hear the sound. Other reviewers have suggested adding external speakers or headphones. This would be fine if all you use it for home use. But, a little inconvenient to take it out with you. The picture was very good and other features are fine. TV reception in my area is not very good, not the units problem, just my location. I have one of the now unuseable portable tvs and I had to move closer to the metro area to get reception. I returned the unit only because of the volume problem. If this unit had sufficient volume, I certainly would have kept it. I would hope that the company would address this, and if so, I would buy it again.
on October 8, 2010
Received my 9" Portable TV+DVD player, very fast and prompt service. The product is good, very convenient, the resolution is OK. I love the TV Output function, now I can hook up with my old television and watch digital channels
Very useful when it comes to long road trip!! A best addition to you car's entertainment!!
on December 31, 2010
When I ordered this product, I thought great, it does a little bit of everything. Unfortunately, when the first one came, the dvd player didn't work. Amazon was great and I received the replacement within 2 days. When the second one arrived, this too did not work-different issue, it would not turn on at all. There is something to be said about going with a name brand.