|Item model number||KB588U|
|Item Weight||5.4 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||20.2 x 3.5 x 10.5 inches|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||20.25 x 3.5 x 10.5 inches|
Azio Levetron Mech4 Gaming Keyboard (KB588U)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Mechanical Keys - The Cherry Black mechanical switch is widely believed to provide the best gaming experience. Featuring a linear design ideal for rapid pressing of keys and the right stiffness to help prevent accidental key presses.
- Fully Programmable Keys - The included Software allows for full customization of the entire keyboard and dedicated Macro-keys.
- Modular Design - The numeric keypad can be attached to either side of the keyboard or remain detached. The included Macro Keypad module is the first of many accessories that will take advantage of the keyboard's rail system.
- Macro D-Pad - The add-on Macro D-Pad expansion allows for 6 additional programmable keys. The expansion module rail enables custom positioning by sliding the D-Pad left or right.
- Anti-Ghost - The anti-ghost feature ensures multiple commonly pressed keys register when pressed simultaneously.
- More Features - The Mech4 is engineered to remain functional even if accidentally exposed to liquid. Do not flip or shake the keyboard and the liquid will properly drain itself. Plus, it has a win on/off key which allows you to disable the Windows key to prevent accidental pressing of the key during game play, a volume knob for intuitive control of the volume of your PC and two USB expansion ports for convenient connection of USB enabled devices. The braided cables & gold-plated USB connector enhance durability and conductivity. On top of that, the Mech4 can create and save as many profiles as you like for maximum key customization.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Yes, the keyboard layout is different from most. This uses the layout where the backspace key is smaller and the enter key is a gargantuan beast. I advise looking up pictures of the keys to see what I mean and deciding if you can handle the change.
That being said, I love this keyboard. It feels very solid (not afraid to break it). I'd read a lot of reviews that have said that the Cherry MX Black switches are not considered very good for typing, and are mainly geared towards pure gaming. Personally, I find that the CMXB switches are fantastic for everything. I tend to (apparently) type a little heavy-handedly. This is not a problem with this keyboard (at least not yet).
The key "feel" is fantastic. It feels like someone dug up an old IBM beast-board from the monolith era and rebuilt it from scratch with the latest tech. The result is a very smooth, uniform key motion, and the only noise is the clack of the key backing hitting the end of the keystroke. It sounds awesome for those who like the sounds of yester-year. More importantly, it is responsive, durable, and well-designed.
I haven't had any of the software issues some of the other reviewers have noted. I plugged it in, it installed a basic driver. I went to the AZIO website and downloaded the latest version software. I installed said software. Everything just works. I am running Win7 x64.
If I had to make a feature request, it would be adjustable full-keyboard backlighting. As things are, the volume knob has a light, the numlock key is a short step away from being a lightsaber (super bright!), and the macro keys can light up.
All in all, I highly recommend this keyboard to anyone.Read more ›
On to the review: typing with this keyboard is amazing, I love the clickity-clack feel that you get. Another reviewer likened it to an old IBM 'board from back in the day and I would have to agree. The detachable num-pad is great as well, allowing for a multitude of uses through various games/programs. The keyboard itself is very sturdy and in no way did I think that it might break or fall apart.
The one thing that I just don't like is the fact that this keyboard has a somewhat awkward layout. It uses the style of an incredibly big enter key whilst using a ridiculously small backspace key. To be fair, I already knew that this was the case as I read reviews about this 'board before buying, but to be honest it's not that easy to get used to. For the full two weeks that I used the keyboard I would almost always hit the key right next to the backspace key.
Some might say that the small backspace key won't bother them and if that is the case I see no reason why you should not buy this keyboard, however if you think you would be frustrated by the small backspace key then I suggest you look for a different keyboard.Read more ›
IMPORTANT: If you need (or really want) a keyboard that allows custom profiles to load automatically when you launch a certain program or game, this is not the keyboard for you. I have not had any issues with the software v1.5 downloaded from there website, but I was kinda disappointed that it did not allow tying a profile to an application. Hopefully they will release a software version in the future to address this.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Good keyboard but wouldnt call it a Gaming type , no anti-ghosting. I play alot of racing games that use combo of keys for certian things can not press the up arrow left/right... Read morePublished 13 months ago by smoody33
I loved everything about it, and plan to use it as long as I can, but I removed two stars, as it was sent to me very dirty. I had to clean around most of the keys.Published 15 months ago by Chase Lewis
I love the volume control, but I can't always use the extra keys on the side. Needs firmware update to help with that, but still a good quality keyboard.Published 17 months ago by Eric Tillman
Loved the keyboard while it worked. Only was able to use it for about 2 months before I started getting shorts in the connection to the point that I couldn't get it to work. Read morePublished 19 months ago by Jordan Monger
Unfortunately, these keyboards are defective where the cable meets the device. I ordered a Mech 4 about a year and a half ago. Read morePublished on January 10, 2014 by Elizabeth Hillenbrand
Takes time to get used to it, but I love the custom buttons and the large volume knob! calculator shortcut button under the numeric keypad is a bonus!Published on December 23, 2013 by Sal22a
the whole thing isn't backlit, just the extra keys, and that is my only problem with this. The mechanical keys give it a great sound, and I love the 10 key, because i am left... Read morePublished on March 3, 2013 by Korey Kelly
When I first got the product it was a little awkward typing on it for normal use, but when playing games (which is what I bought it for) it was absolute breeze. Read morePublished on February 28, 2013 by Kenitra