Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now DOTD

on August 8, 2011
I have both this toy and the related B. Stackadoos. There is very little overlap on size/shape/color combinations. I bought these bristle blocks as a 2nd birthday gift for my daughter. She loves to build and we have several types of blocks (mega bloks, little people blocks and wood blocks) These are by far her favorite.

PROS:
They connect in a myriad of ways and directions and for little people they connect with relative ease. She is loving building "towers, monsters and cars".
Truly the possibilities are limited only by your creativity.
The faces and spinners in this set are well worth the cost. They help kids to create a story to go with their monsters. The faces also show "some" emotion. Happy, surprise etc... that have led to continued discussions of feelings. The spinners are great for fun, silliness and helicopters.
The entire set can keep her entertained long enough for me to cook or clean!
Having an open box for storage enables her to clean up and access the toys easily, which she loves.
The other educational element to consider in this set is the colors. My daughter will organize by color or size/ shape.

CON:
The only issue I have come across is that a few pieces connect poorly. For me, this is really a non-issue, but it can upset my daughter a bit when she needs help. I think that with use they will continue to fit better.

If you are on the fence.... just get them! The kids will love them and so will you!
0Comment24 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 6, 2010
My daughter received the Stackadoos set as a gift, and had so much fun playing with them. I wanted to add to the set, to enable her to make bigger creations, so I thought this set would be perfect, especially since it includes a storage tub. Well, silly them, they included the storage tub, but it has no lid. The inclusion of a simple plastic lid that fit on the box would have made this toy so much more practical for storage and portability. I can't imagine what they were thinking. The blocks themselves are colorful, fun, versatile, and encourage creativity. I had a set much like these when I was a child, but these are much more chic.
0Comment24 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 26, 2011
My son shows a greater interest in playing with his B. Spinaroos toys, especially the doctor's kit and the keys. However, the B. toys sold at Amazon.com are way over the price that I paid at Target.
0Comment26 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 18, 2011
We LOVE the B. Spinaroos and Stackadoos. First we bought the B. Stackadoos at Target. Our 3 kids: 4 1/2, 2 1/2, and 8 mo. love them. So we splurged on these (not available at Target and costing quite a bit more than we'd hoped). Worth it all the way! We got way more than I expected and our kids really play with these for hours on end. The best part is, after our older kids build their planes, yachts, and cars, we don't have to worry about the pieces getting into the baby's little hands and mouth. Than you B. for making safer plastics and quality, durable toys!
VINE VOICEon November 1, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Right out of the box, this set became my 2 1/2 year old's favorite toy! She enjoys making creations for me out of these and her 9 year old sister even joins in sometimes, too. These promote creativity and it's fun too see the variety of ways my children have played with these. They are colorful and well made. I can tell we will have these for a long time.

Like other reviewers, I am also baffled that this set comes with a handy storage bin but no lid. I hope they'll improve on that in the future.
on December 14, 2013
These are great! And inspire a lot of creativity! Both my 2 and 3 year old love them! We added this set to our regular B Bristol set and it all works great together!
Kids love them:)
on October 15, 2013
A set of spinaroos was donated to my workplace ( we deal with children). I have been amazed to see children of all ages enjoying building all kinds of things! From age two to about 9 or 10, they are fascinated by this set. Their imaginations know no bounds. I have been so impressed with the way this toy sparks children's creativity. I didn't even know what the name of this toy was, but I kept looking til I found it! Bought two sets for my grandchildren, age 2, 6, and 8; one for my house and one for theirs. And yes, grandma plays with them sometime, but I am not nearly as imaginative. At work, I saw a 4 year old boy create a recognizable F-16 airplane. I saw a 7 year old create a 16 inch tall character that would spin around. It's at the top of my list for children. Don't immerse them in water to clean, the spinning parts will rust and quit spinning. Also you can adjust how easy it is to spin with a small screwdriver. There are also Stackeroos, which can add more building pieces to the set.
on August 21, 2012
I bought this for my 3 1/2 year old son. I am not sure who loves it more--me or him. Good for creativity and just plain fun.
on October 30, 2014
So much fun. Much more fun than traditional "toys" similar to these. And to get them on sale wow. that's a rarity. Enjoy them.
VINE VOICEon October 23, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Seems like a great toy for the 2 to 4 year olds. I have a recently turned 5 and 8 year old and while they like to make jungle theme characters together, I am getting the feeling that it would have been better if they had had this a few years ago instead of now. My eight year old said these would have been "awesome if they glowed in the dark". however, they do not (nor were supposed to)

While playing, both boys seemed to really enjoy the spinning features of the set and have already successfully combined the original bristle blocks with this to make bigger structures and scenes. The newer sets are more flexible and have better colors than their primary color cousins, and definitely have fun faces than seem to resemble animals rather than humans. There are no tails however so that leaves me unsure what the faces are actually supposed to be (which is really great for a child's imagination). The bristles are easily cleaned with soap and water.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse