5.0 out of 5 stars Leverage Your Business With Effective Customer Service, November 22, 2009
Susan Landa (Portland, Oregon) - See all my reviews
This review is from: B-A-M! Bust A Myth: Delivering Customer Service in a Self-Service World (Paperback)
Customer service is a make-or-break factor in the success of small businesses today. With the ease of internet shopping and increased competition, outstanding customer service gives you leverage to win customers and keep them. In their new book, BAM! Bust A Myth: Delivering Customer Service in a Self-Service World, Barry Moltz and Mary Jane Grinstead logically explain what exactly constitutes effective customer service. They make good business sense and bust some ill-conceived or outdated ideas. The icing on the cake is the action plan they provide: concrete steps to craft a plan of excellence that will make your company shine. They teach you how to create a manifesto for your company that will ensure consistent effectual customer service and increase your bottom line. I highly recommend this book for any company that is not a monopoly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get a New Perspective on Customer Service, November 11, 2009
In BAM!, we're given a fresh look at customer service - what it is, what it isn't and how to do it well. Moltz and Grinstead begin by dispelling 20 of the most common myths that business owners believe about customer service including "The customer is always right."

After they help the reader to realize that most of what we thought about customer service simply isn't true or has changed, the authors help us to discover what it is that our customers are looking for and how we can best serve them.

This book is a breathe of fresh air about a much needed and much talked about subject! If your business is struggling and you think customer service may be the key to reviving it - or even if you think you don't need to worry about customer service - pick up this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thumbs Up for BAM!, November 4, 2009
As I read BAM!, I constantly found myself saying "I wish more people would read this." And I honestly can't say that about the other business books I've read this year.

I'm an executive in a membership organization and also found myself being able to easily change the word "customer" to member.

The chapter on "The BAM!-good Customer Manifesto" is a "keeper" and something I will refer to often!

This is an easy read that is insightful AND often entertaining. A good combo. At the end of the book, I found myself wanting a button like author Barry Moltz has that says: Just give me good customer service and nobody gets hurt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great reminders and examples. Will use as a reference manual., November 3, 2009
BAM! had me hooked from the introduction... I was interested to see what the big deal was with the ideas about customer service from a guy who has customer service nightmares at night. Some of the myths were rather obvious (like we all know about how full of crap "the customer is always right" is in business) while some were intriguing and new to me.

Moving on to locating and solving the issues that are cramping your customer service style, creating a customer service manifesto, and an army of real-world examples, this book is a real winner for improving your mindset and developing a REAL plan for doing business the right way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Barry has busted the myths!, November 25, 2009
M. V. Maugeri "Ginna" (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
As a small business owner, I am always try to keep apprised of "best practices" in all areas of our business. While Barry's book is specifically about customer service, I found it helpful in many ways, as customer service seems to infiltrate most of what we do on a daily basis. I found ideas for my employees, clients and vendors alike. I definitely need to make some shifts in the way I (we) think about customer service, yet the ideas recommended in this book feel "right" and "natural" as opposed to some of the practices we've been following. My thanks to Barry for putting his suggestions into this no-nonsense, easy to read book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Barry Does it Again!, November 15, 2009
Barry Moltz's third book is another enjoyable and entertaining business book. What is great about Barry is that he writes from his own experience and what he has learned. So, you know that what you are reading is factual and a how to book. This time around Barry co-authored the book with a very experienced business professional, Mary Jane Grinstead. Their book tackles a very important aspect of business success - customer service. This book will re-energize your organization and motivate you to improve your interaction with your customer. Learn how to move your business forward by reading this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great refresher on the importance of customer service, January 21, 2010
Benjamin Yoskovitz (Montreal, QC Canada) - See all my reviews
The importance of customer service to a business can't be overstated. This is a good refresher and reminder of just how important customer service is to growing a successful business. Some important points I got out of it:

1. Tie customer service to revenue & profits.
2. Proactive support is key.
3. Think of customer service as a feature.
4. Think of customer service as part of your brand.
5. Tie customer service to surprise.
6. Consistency is key.
7. Empower your people.
8. Loyalty programs work.
9. You should sweat the small stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Customer Service Is Important, Bust Those Myths!, April 22, 2010
Jim Kukral (Cleveland, OH United States) - See all my reviews
Length:: 2:15 Mins

You've heard a million times how you need to take care of and "love" your customers, and about how they are always right. Right? Well, BAM! takes apart the myths of excellent customer service and delivers a clear guide about the things you NEED to be doing to really make a difference in your business when dealing with your customers. A must-read for any business owner who's dissatisfied with the growth of their business. Hint: Treat your customers right and watch your profits skyrocket. BAM! will show you how.

5.0 out of 5 stars Customer Service is even more important during an economic downturn!, December 6, 2009
Barry has nailed it. BAM! provides every company with a roadmap on how to keep your most profitable and strategic customers. This book is not another theortical book on how to delight your cutomers...it contains realistic actions companies can implement quickly. Especially in tough economic times when customers aren't spending much and buyers have more power than sellers, BAM! customer service will not just help your company stay alive but grow!

5.0 out of 5 stars BAM! is a must-read for business professionals!, November 14, 2009
Barry captures the essence of human psychology, needs and sales in this easy-to-read and engaging book. His ability to debunk common myths about how best to serve customers reveals a great deal about our changing culture and competitive marketplace. BAM! is right on target when they talk about customer service being a skill. I have bought several copies and shared them with others. This book is a valued resource in my library---nicely done!

B-A-M! Bust A Myth: Delivering Customer Service in a Self-Service World
B-A-M! Bust A Myth: Delivering Customer Service in a Self-Service World by Barry J. Moltz (Paperback - September 29, 2009)
$14.95 $13.46