Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: B. Global Glowball Musical Toy
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on May 11, 2013
I initially tried this out for 15 minutes on two separate trips to target, where it is much less costly - but both times I decided not to buy because it was very difficult for me, as an adult, to press the continents hard enough to trigger the response, and the volume control was very stiff. In half the items at the store, the volume control didn't even work. That said - I kept thinking about it, and eventually bought it yesterday. It really is such a beautiful idea for a toy and the music is incredibly varied and high quality (not tinny at all) - and there were so many different engaging songs! I really wanted it just to use as a night light/musical goodnight ritual - and for this purpose, I would highly recommend it. It would be great for a young infant to help soothe him or her to sleep. It would be cool maybe for an older kid who is learning about cultures in the continents. But my 32 month old is in between these groups, and showed no interest in it at the store (and was frustrated she couldn't activate the continents' music). Well, when we took it home (without all the distractions at target) and made a little tent for ourselves under the covers, she really loved holding the globe and listening to the music (but I had to press the continents for her) and asking me "where does the Lion King live" or "where did our cruise ship leave from" for me to point out on the globe. Each of the songs is no more than 30 seconds or so, so it was nice to be able to say "let's listen to 10 songs before bed" and then if she wanted just one more, it wasn't too long. Some of them were a little high energy for bed time though - ha! We did have fun (although I kept hitting the protruding off button by accident -- it's a little cumbersome) and I look forward doing it again tonight. So despite its flaws (one of which it's a real pain in the butt to get out of the package; have a small screwdriver and lots of patience on hand), I still recommend it and had fun with it myself! Beautiful music and a fun way to start talking about geography!
on November 27, 2013
My 18 month old LOVES this toy. She holds it and dances to the upbeat music. Other music is soothing. I do have to press the continents for her so she can hear the music as she cannot do it herself. My 5 year old can press it hard enough to start music but my four year old cannot. That said, I never had this toy out of the bottom only packaging. I tried to buy it in major department store and I noticed jagged cracks on the ocean in several places as I was in the check out line. The department store employee and I both determined it was damaged but there was not another one in the store. I bought one from Amazon. No damage to the shipping box and toy was packed in bubble wrap. Again, this globe had several jagged raised cracks on the blue plastic ocean, not smooth seams as on other places on the blue plastic ocean. To my disbelief, you can see these "cracks" most notably on East side of the North American continent around Gulf of St. Lawrence and around the European continent in Mediterranean Sea area just North of Africa AND East of Italy. You can see these yourself if you zoom in on the Amazon photos. These are not smooth seams like the gaping one found in the Gulf of Mexico. If this isn't damage, it is a MAJOR design flaw. It's unacceptable. My husband and I consider it to be unsafe for our children. I am returning for money back. It's a shame because it is otherwise a wonderful musical toy.
on July 30, 2013
We are big fans of B Toys, owning almost 20 of their toys so far. I purchased this for my daughter as soon as I saw it. What a fantastic idea! Overall it is a delightful toy with a great selection of music, each about 30 seconds long so never boring to a young child. It really is a wonderful way to start a conversation with your child about our planet, where people live and what goes on in places they may only ever read about. It is clear that B Toys thought a lot about this product and the value it should provide young children. They did a great job in that regard.

Technically however, they had problems with execution and production. The continents are near impossible to press- even for me. Short of dropping it on the floor repeatedly, no young child will be able to activate the continents by themselves. The product looks like a great prototype, and not a fully finished piece. The two halves that make up the globe and the soft parts that make up the continents do not fit together as cleanly as they should. Mine has 2-4mm gaps in sections. Another issue in the size and location of the stop button. Roll the globe and it switches itself off almost every time. I do recommend this toy but also suggest perhaps waiting until B Toys fixes all the bugs with the production and material choices.
on May 17, 2015
The "Globey" as he calls it is hard plastic, very sturdy and plays several different songs and animal noises. It lights up if desired and has different modes that can run through the program's if you choose. The continents can be pushed to play the songs native to that region, and while they can be difficult to press it encourages kids to work at the task. The songs are not annoying and as we listen to them 2-3 hours a day, that's saying something. You can control the volume with a nondescript wheel on the side.

My complaint is that "Globey" runs through batteries pretty quickly (uses 3 AAA's) and the paint is wearing off after a year of heavy use. There are some cracks from when my son has thrown it (after all, it does resemble a ball).
review image review image
on September 26, 2013
Ironically, I was all set this morning to jump on Amazon to tell people how much we love this toy. Then it stopped working. Suddenly, for no reason I can ascertain, songs play for a few measures and then cut off and jump to the next one abruptly. It's not like we've been playing volleyball with it, but it has gotten consistent use since we opened the box on September 1. At least twice per day.

That being said I can echo some of the other comments - issues with the button placement and how easy it is to turn off; inability for children under 2 to press the continents hard enough to get it to play; some gaps at the equator due to misaligned hemispheres - but I was willing to overlook all of that because of how much we've enjoyed it. However, now $30 seems like a lot to pay for something that is only going to work for 25 days.

I wish I could say that there was any kind of troubleshooting documentation that comes with it. If it's something as simple as changing the batteries (though the timeframe suggests otherwise)that would be nice to know. I am reaching out to the manufacturer to see what else they can tell me. I'm giving it a good review overall, but as far as I can tell, the durability stinks.
on September 9, 2014
Cute idea and our kids do like it but it has two major design flaws.

1. The continent buttons are very hard to push as many on here have said. It is not a toy a 6 month old-3 year old can play with independently. My kids figured out if they threw it they could make the songs come on but of course...that is not good for the toy.

2. When you do press the button for your small child it is EASILY turned off by the big blue button that sticks out of one side of the globe. Many times, I've pressed a continent only to have one of my small children accidentally press the big blue button...turning the music off.

With all that said...my boys do love this but it is best used with a parent. If you don't expect independently play of you are getting this for an older child you won't be disappointed. I definitely feel like the age given by the seller is not accurate. 6 months-2 years won't get much out of this toy. 2 or 3 years old and up at least is more accurate...again with independent use not until maybe more like 5 or 6.
on September 11, 2015
I love this toy. It has all kinds of silly/educational uses. The music is actually pretty cool. However, the "continent" buttons are impossible to push. My 3 year old cannot make it happen. I have to do it for her. Conversely, the on/off button is too easily activated, so that if you are rolling the ball while the music is playing invariably the on/off switch will get accidentally tapped, turning the thing off. Still, cool idea.
on August 17, 2014
I love the music on this thing! My son has been playing with it since he turned one. It has a volume control on the side and plays for 20 minutes at a time. The music is the most appealing I have heard from all of his toys. It's a beautiful little globe. The only thing that I wish they would have done differently is the main power knob. It sticks out, so if the child rolls it, it gets pressed and turns off. I wish they made the power button indented or flush with the rest of the globe. It is just too easy for the little ones to turn it off on accident, then they come running back to you to turn it on again
on December 26, 2014
My kids got this for Christmas, had it for one day before it had a giant crack down the side and wouldn't work anymore. The age range on this toy is supposed to be 8 months - 8 years, I have an 1 year old and a 2 and a half year old that played with it on carpet for ONE DAY. After looking at other reviews, I see this is not the first time this has happened. It makes no sense why a toy that should be durable would last one day. Not to mention, they had the same issue with pressing the continents, it takes quite a bit of strength. I love the B. line of toys, my kids have quite a few of them, but the design of this one is terrible. I am sending it in for a refund.
on January 6, 2015
Purchased as a gift partly due to being marked made in USA; it is not. Made in China; Origin China. I do not know how well it performed, marked with 3 stars to keep reviews about the same, this is just a correction for people who might be buying this due to the made in USA marking.