Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: BABYBJORN BabySitter Balance - Black/Silver (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on January 21, 2013
We originally got the TinyLove gymini bouncer because it had great reviews and looked fun for the baby. Unfortunately, once my daughter was around 3.5-4 months old, she started getting upset sitting in the chair b/c she was so slouched. I caved and bought this chair, despite not wanting to spend the money on another baby item I wasn't sure she would like. We all love it! She has such great posture in the chair and I love that her feet hand down so freely. I also LOVE how it folds down for storage or travel. Traveling with our other bouncer seat was a nightmare! You had to disassemble the whole thing if you wanted it to be more compact, or leave it alone and have it take up 1/4th of the car space. I also love that its design fits in with the adult decorations, although this was not why I purchased the chair. This item is well worth the money and I wish I bought it to begin with. I gave it 4 stars because for the price, I wish a toy bar came with it. Otherwise we are 100% satisfied with this item and I would recommend it in a heartbeat.
on June 21, 2012
...but since I use it as much as he does, I'm only going to give it 4 stars. Mostly due to the price. Although the baby likes it and it has the 3 settings (upright like a chair, slightly reclined and very reclined), I'm not sure why it's so much better than other bouncers except for the very obvious reason that it's not pastel and ugly. I can't stand the colors and plastic of the Fisher Price one, which is also so reclined that as he gains weight he sinks back more flat each time. BUT, I find that the toy for the Bjorn at $40 is crazy expensive, and he's not as engaged with it as the hanging animals with the rings that he can grab and bat at on the Fisher Price model. These just spin a bit in place and I think he gets bored in it, preferring to stare and play with us. I'd like to jerry-rig another play toy off the top, like a crib attachment toy so he has something else to play with in it... but that hasn't happened just yet.
So we use both. Well, I use both, dad still prefers the bjorn. He's pretty much outgrown the most reclined position (good up to weight of 15 lbs), and I don't really expect to use this as a feeding chair as he gets older, but maybe as a kid chair at a kid table...

I do like that the resell value is quite high, so when he does outgrow it at least we can recoup most of the cost (well, or post baby #2 if that ever happens).
on September 28, 2012
My baby loves this bouncer since we got it about 3 months ago (she is currently 6 months old). She loves that she can sit in an almost upright position so that she can see everything that's going on. Slight movements of the legs cause the chair to bounce. I like that the bouncer folds flat and is easy to transport. The fabric does tend to stretch out over time. I've washed it twice - I laid it flat to dry the first time (per product instructions) but it ended up being very loose on the frame and would easily slide off. The second time I washed it I put it in the dryer and it was a bit tighter on the frame which was better. The only downside of this bouncer is the price; it was, however, cheaper on Amazon.com than at a retail location nearby.
UPDATE: At 7 months old my daughter stopped using this chair; she would hang over the sling and no longer really enjoyed being in it. At this age she could sit well on her own and was practicing crawling. However, I don't regret purchasing it, I just wish I would've gotten it when she was born given the price tag versus the duration she used it. I am patiently waiting to see if she will use this as a chair (without the sling) once she is walking and able to maneuver in and out of it on her own. She is constantly on-the-go so I some how doubt it. I will provide an update when this time comes.
UPDATE: I pulled this out of storage when my daughter was 12 mo. The first week she enjoyed getting into it and bouncing particularly when she was tired, although she only stayed in it for a couple minutes at most. She is now 14 mo. and never uses it. She is a very active baby so this doesn't surprise me. I am having another baby so I feel that I will eventually get my money's worth.
I gave this 4 out of 5 stars because of the hefty price tag versus the short duration of use. I had no problems with the quality of this product.
on May 12, 2014
I love this thing so much I can barely write this review without bursting into tears. My baby used to have a hard time taking naps because he easily became overstimulated, but with the babybjorn bouncer, I just put him in it and bounce him for a maximum of 20 mins and he's out like a light. He also doesn't mind just hanging out in it, and before I had it I couldn't let him down ever. Before this chair I thought I had a difficult baby and now I feel like I have the easiest baby in the world.
on January 20, 2014
The kids use these chairs for years. We have had a number of them in the family before and now getting another for a new family member on the way. Gramma, Aunties, or even other children can bounce the baby to sleep in these chairs. If awake, the chair gives the child a good view of what is happening while allowing mom to have hands free to do whatever needs to be done.
on May 27, 2016
I would give this product 6 stars if it was possible. It is an amazing little chair. My kids have used it and enjoyed it a ton. You can start using it at month 1 and gently rock your baby yourself and as they grow they will be able to intuitively do it themselves. It is extremely sturdy. I have 2 boys who have used this chair and they went nuts on it. I thought it would flip at some point but it never did. It is portable. We brought it with us everywhere. Date night? Bring the babysitter and slide it under the table. Baby would sleep on it and we would enjoy a date. Long plane ride? As in, 13 hours plane ride? Bring it on board, place it in the leg area and baby would be fast asleep on it. Shower and no extra hands? Bring it to the bathroom and sing to your baby. We used it everywhere till they were about 2 1/2. Pricey but well worth the purchase. Another Babybjorn product.
on May 22, 2014
....not even a week later, he began liking this chair. I am absolutely impressed. It is very well made, sturdy, it looks comfortable- hey, I wish I had one of those for me. The three positions are great, but I find that the most upper one could have been a bit more upright. The lower two potions are pretty low and my boy sometimes falls asleep in it....
As far as movements go, he is not almost 3 month and weight about 13 lbs, and he cannot just yet gain enough momentum to bounce himself. When he bangs his legs against it, it is only barely vibrating. Perhaps at 4 month he would be able to bounce it on his own.
Otherwise, this bouncer chair is a savior. It is easy to get the baby in and out (I do not even use the buttons- just take the baby in an out while it is still fastened by putting my foot on a base to hold it down). He can sit there quietly and study the world around him. While it will not keep a young infant at bad by him(her)self for more than 10-20 min at a time, it is useful when you combine it with bouncing it with your foot while you need some things done.
on April 8, 2013
This chair is where I sit my baby down while I take a shower, make breakfast, etc. It's easy to move around, easy to clean when there's a mishap, simple to use, and easy to travel with so she has somewhere to hang out when we're away from home. We've been using it since she was 3-4 months old, and are still using it at 9 months. Not sure what its use will be once she is mobile, but I would like to think she could hang out and give herself a bottle in it at some point. We have the toy bar too, although it turns out that it basically gets used to support other toys and books.
on May 1, 2014
I almost returned this item because initially my daughter wanted nothing to do with it and it wasn't exactly cheap. However I loathed all the other bouncers we looked at and this matched our travel crib(I'm crazy with things matching even though my home now resembles a toy factory explosion that was rained on by Cheerios and graham crackers) we gave it a few more tries and she suddenly took to it. This thing saved my sanity. My daughter HATED to be put down and would scream like a horror movie extra if i dared to attempt it. Suddenly I could pee without trying to hold her at the same time. I could attempt to cook and keep her in eyeshot rocking her when needed. It doesn't take up much space and it doesn't look like a fug piece of junk. I didn't get the bjorn toy; I got the take along bar that's recommended in another review. It's not a sleek add on but it amuses my little fidget for a while which is awesome. She doesn't walk yet and this let's her get out energy without me worrying about her crawling anyplace she shouldn't. Love it. It's held up awesome too. Shes done a few up the back surprises while in there & it's washed out like a champion. Looks brand new still and will be used with our next baby.
on September 11, 2012
Our little boy loved to be bounced and swung. When he was very young he would nap in his swing and at night when he would cry and I was too worn out to soothe him any longer, Dad would swing him in his car seat in the living room (one of the only things that made him stop crying). When he got a little older he started getting sick of the swing and I knew I needed something else that I could bounce him in (preferable bounce him EASILY) and I looked and just couldn't find what I was looking for. Then I found this and it was perfect but I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend the money, what if he didn't like it?! Well, I ordered it and we were so glad to have this thing. It really was a lifesaver! It is VERY EASY to bounce your baby with just your foot. My husband works at home on the computer and he would just plop the baby on the floor next to him and bounce him with his foot while he worked. The baby napped in this thing daily, long naps (the white sound of the large computer fan helped too!). But he also loved being awake in it. I would strap toys to the little belt area and he would just play and bounce. The best thing is how portable this thing is and how easy it is to bring it from room to room. It folds flat with a push of a button and is very light and we would bring it everywhere in the house and out of the house. It was great for placing him in if I needed a shower or to make dinner etc. It is also easy to wash, you just pull off the cover, nothing complicated. Also there are a couple different recline settings which work great and are so easy to adjust. The seat is soft and comfortable. My only complaint is that they didn't make it so it can fold or be disassembled to fit in a suitcase. For our first big trip with baby, I had made all my plans around having it with me and realized as I was attempting to pack that it wasn't going to happen. I was devastated, because it was my lifesaver. We probably could have checked it but we weren't sure we could carry anything else and were also worried it would get damaged that way. So we went without it but I didn't want to!!! Funny enough, I ended up being able to borrow a friend's much less expensive bouncer on the trip and it actually worked out pretty well (I didn't travel with it, she was at the destination- not sure if they can be packed but I don't think so). The less expensive bouncers are also great. They don't bounce as much as the Bjorn though which is part of why our boy loved the Bjorn. he could bounce himself easier in the Bjorn and so could we. They are bulkier and more baby looking, where the Bjorn folds flat and is sleek looking (for those who care). They are not as easy to clean and they don't have the different recline options of the Bjorn (which make it easier to use for babies of different ages and sizes). I definitely think he would have spent less time in the cheaper bouncer. But depending on your purposes, budget and your baby they are also an good option.