5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely the Best Baby Feeding Bibs on the Market
These are the BEST BABY FEEDING bibs on the market. Nothing else comes close. We have 3 children and over the years we've used maybe 30-40 different bibs (6 or so different styles from maybe a dozen or so different manufactures) and the Baby Bjorn bibs are far and away the best bibs for feeding babies.

Positives:

1) Easy to wash. Food just rinses...
Published on February 26, 2009 by My $.03

3.0 out of 5 stars great but wears down with a hole
Published on February 11, 2007 by H. Fu

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely the Best Baby Feeding Bibs on the Market, February 26, 2009
My $.03 (Arlington, VA) - See all my reviews

Positives:

1) Easy to wash. Food just rinses right off with soap and warm water in seconds without ANY lasting residue

2) Dishwasher safe. This is a huge plus when most other bibs need to go through the laundry for a thorough cleaning.

3) The bottom pocket works exceptionally well. Many bibs have a pocket for catching food that drops, but the problem is that the design prevents the pockets from staying open, so food often just rolls on by. Try it with most plastic bibs on the market. You can pull the pocket open, but as soon as you let go, that pocket flips back up closed. Not so with these bibs. The pocket is molded plastic which is always open and designed to always catch virtually everything that drops. The pocket also can literally hold a cup of water (or formula or spit-up) without leaking (trust me, it will happen eventually).

4) Indestructible. These bibs are made from a soft, smooth, flexible plastic which no amount of chewing or banging or anything will damage. We've had some of ours for 3 years (used by multiple children) and they still look like new. No cracks, chips, scratches or food stains. (One's got some dog teeth marks but even our lab had a hard time making a dent.)

5) Difficult for the child to remove. I won't say it can't be done. My one year old little boy has done it a couple times, but only after pulling with all his might for a prolonged period of time. Usually he tries, gives up and goes back to eating.

6) Coverage - This bib is large and will virtually prevent all baby food and drink from getting on any clothes. The only exceptions being if the child dribbles down their chin and neck and it goes under the top of the bib or if the child grabs the food and places it under the bib on their clothes directly (happens occasionally).

7) No smell - never ever. Virtually every other single type of plastic bib that we've purchased has started to smell sooner or later. The plastic coating cracks a little and water gets in underneath and soon after they start smelling. The smell indicates that mold is growing whether you can see it or not. Washing does little to help since the underlying cloth behind the plastic doesn't dry out. These Baby Bjorn bibs are one piece of molded plastic, not some plastic coating over a cloth, so there's no fabric to smell. The plastic washes/wipes clean.

8) Nothing to swallow - Some of our other plastic bibs - those with plastic coatings over a cloth - start to crack and eventually the plastic coating can chip and peel. Obviously you'd throw those away as soon as you noticed, before any plastic could be ingested, but that's not NEVER a problem with these Baby Bjorn bibs. Being flexible, soft molded plastic they never seem to crack, chip or peel so there's nothing that potentially could be ingested.

9) Long Lasting - As I mentioned earlier, we've had some of these bibs for over 3 years. That's 3 years of constant, daily use by multiple kids, and they still look like new. My eldest used them up until she turned 3. Not necessarily because she needed a bib that last year, but more as a precaution to prevent food/drink spillage on a nice outfit before school or when we were out in restaurants.

10) These bibs are on Parents.com Best Baby Products 2008 list as well as a number of other "best baby products" lists.

Negatives:

1) These are not for infants and only seem to come in one size. Babies under maybe 5 or 6 months will likely be too small for these bibs. My sons started to use them at 6 months, but my petite daughter didn't use them until 8 or 9 months.

2) They are not for teething, catching drool or use during playtime. No way, no how. These bibs are NOT absorbent. Not in any way. These are feeding bibs. They are made out of a soft, smooth, flexible plastic so drool will just roll down and pool in the pocket. If a drooling baby is playing with this bib on and bends over, the drool will just roll right out. Also, the bib is made of a more firm sort of soft plastic, which is great when using it for feeding, but definitely not something you want for playtime as it will get in the baby's way.

3) These bibs take a little getting used to. All of my children resisted these bibs at first because they are a more firm plastic, whereas other bibs are either soft cloth or cheap plastic that acts/feels like cloth. I had to set the tray on our highchair out one extra half inch (one click) to allow room for the bibs pocket between the tray and the baby. Two of my three children cried the first and second days we used these bibs. Since the children were not used to them, they complained. But after a day or so they were OK, and from then on my wife and I were thankful on a daily basis that we had them.

Why such a long review? These are maybe one of the 5 or so baby products that I absolutely love. They've made our lives easier, we give them as gifts, and I think more parents could benefit from knowing how great they are.

3.0 out of 5 stars great but wears down with a hole, February 11, 2007
H. Fu (Minneapolis, MN, USA) - See all my reviews
I love these bibs, I had bought 4 of them. Unfortunately, they are softer than the original ones but the softnenss make them wear down fast. I used them for 6 months, and in the bottom pocket's mid section wears down with a hole. This happened to all of them. The original ones that are harder plastics, do not have this problem. I had an original one from my older son, 2 years ago, still good and can be washed in dish washer.

2.0 out of 5 stars Comparing Bjorn, Bibbity, and Bumkins, May 19, 2011
I am a mother with 3 young children and I wanted to know which bibs worked the best. I have compared the Bumkins Superbib, the Babybjorn bib, the Bibbity bib, and the Bumkins sleeved bib.

With my first child, I quickly realized that using cloth bibs and putting them in the laundry after each meal was a terrible idea. They would get moldy and I had to own a dozen bibs. Then I switched to Bumkins Superbibs. They are very easy to use. I just wash them in the sink after meals and hang them on my bib drying rack. The bibs are dry and ready to use again by the next meal. Bumkins Superbibs are lightweight and my babies never mind wearing them. Since the pockets are soft, they don't work well if the bib has been kept flat in a drawer. I always kept my Superbibs hanging upside down by the pocket on the bib drying rack. So, the pocket dried in the open position and worked better. Now my third child is 8 months old and is eating mushy baby food. Even with the Bumkins Superbibs, there are still always some oatmeal spills on his clothes. I rarely have to change his entire outfit after a meal, but I wondered if there was a better bib available. So, I bought a BabyBjorn bib and a Bibbity bib. Here are my results.

Both the BabyBjorn and the Bibbity bibs are SMALLER than the Bumkins Superbibs. The Babybjorn bib is made of hard plastic (like a cup). It says "soft" in the description but that is just nonsense. The Bibbity bib is softer, like rubber.

The Babybjorn bib is difficult to put on the baby because it is so hard. Even the neck strap is made of stiff plastic. I had great difficulty adjusting the neck hole because it kept hurting my son's neck. I never could get the hole small enough to keep food from escaping onto the clothes below his chin. Plan on baby crying the entire time you are fiddling with his bib. The pocket of the bjorn bib is great and always stays open. However, because the pocket is so rigid, it clashes with the tray. My son sits on a chair that clips onto the countertop. The bjorn bib pocket kept getting caught under the countertop and then it would yank my son's neck. He really hated wearing this bib. The BabyBjorn bib is super easy to wash in the sink. It is easy to dry with a towel so you don't need a bib drying rack with this bib.

The Bibbity bib is much better than the BabyBjorn bib. It is softer and feels like rubber. It was awkward to put on at first and my son was mad. However, he got used to it. I was able to get the neck hole small enough to keep most of the oatmeal out without hurting my son's neck. The pocket stays open pretty well. However, since it is soft, the pocket would close up when my son leaned forward and the pocket hit the edge of the countertop/tray. So, food did slide past the closed pocket and land on my son's lap. The Bibbity bib is about 1 inch shorter than the Bjorn bib and is 2.5 inches shorter than the Bumkins Superbib. It is very easy to wash in the sink and dry with a towel. I think the Bibbity bib works a little better than the Bumkins Superbib because the pocket catches more. My 3 year old daughter refused to wear the Bibbity bib, though, and said it hurt her neck. She loves to wear her Bumkins Superbibs.

Unfortunately, all 3 of these bibs left way too much food spilled on my 8 month old's clothes. If you have a baby who eats mushy baby food and grabs the spoon, a regular bib just doesn't give adequate protection. I still had to change my son's entire outfit after most meals. So, I bought 1 MORE bib. I bought the Bumkins sleeved bib. It was GREAT! It covered everything, even his lap! He could feed himself oatmeal and his clothes were very clean afterward! The sleeved bib was very easy to clean too. I just washed it off in the kitchen sink and hang it on my bib drying rack. It went from dripping wet to completely dry in 2 hours. Since, the bib dries fast, I can use the same sleeved bib at each meal and I only needed to buy one. Here is the link to the drying rack that I am talking about.Mommy Genius Drying Rack--Dry or Display Just About Anything (Baby Bibs, Plastic or Reusable Food Storage Bags, Kitchen Dish Towels, Bathroom Hand Towels, Washcloths, Mugs, Sports Water Bottles, Herbs, Mittens, Children's Boots, Lingerie, Holiday Orname...

In conclusion, I recommend the Bumkins sleeved bib (and a bib drying rack) for any baby who eats pureed food. When they start on finger food, the Bumkins Superbibs and the Bibbity bib are good. The Bibbity work a little better but your child might think they are uncomfortable. I do not recommend the Babybjorn bib. I'm sorry Babybjorn. I love to wear my baby in your carrier:)

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite bib, but only for certain ages, August 25, 2008
A Kid's Review
We love this bib! It was our favorite bib for our oldest child. In my opinion, it is perfect for ages 15 months+. Before that age, we preferred the bumkins bibs that completely cover the shoulders. Once your baby is old enough that s/he isn't getting food all over, this bib will be perfect for you. Also, your baby needs to be old enough for you to teach them not to rotate this bib around their neck (thereby spilling the contents of the bib). Not a good choice for little babies. We use this bib up to age 3 in our house.

5.0 out of 5 stars can't say anything bad about these, July 28, 2007
This review is from: BABYBJORN Soft Bib 2 Pack - Green/Yellow (Baby Product)
These are just the best bibs. They're soft silicone, can be easily rinsed off after a meal and be washed in the dishwasher (top rack) anytime. There're easy to put on and have a hole to hang up to dry. My kids (4 and 2) have been using them since they were solid food fed. This is my second pair of them because the old ones were used so much and my kids had a tendency when they were young to bend the catcher that the bibs had eventually cracked in the catcher. I just hate that they aren't sold everywhere that people had the opportunity to buy them because they are totally awesome. Target used to sell the red and blue ones in the stores but for some reason they stopped. A shame. These are really good bibs.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect in every way, May 5, 2006
My one year old loved to rip off his old bibs, plus they had some cloth in them so they took a while to dry, and they had those flip out pockets that sometimes flipped shut. We got sick of that, so decided to be a little more spendy and try these. THey are awesome! No velcro, so the little guy can't rip it off (although sometimes that frustrates him too). They are easy to rinse off and wipe dry, so they are ideal for restaurants. The pocket is big and molded, so it can't sort of glue itself shut when something wet comes along. We honestly should have bought these in the first place. Don't make the same mistake we did... spend less, buy these now instead of the cheapo kind.

1.0 out of 5 stars Babybjorn soft bib 2 pack, December 28, 2010
This bib is made for a very small infant. We have been looking for the famous in 1970's Tommie-Tippee bib that sold for a couple bucks. This Bjorn bib is a high end copy. Unfortunately, it does not fit a child weighing 20 lbs. This bib is too short and the neck opening is too small for him. If some company makes one of these "second chance" bibs for a toddler who feeds himself, we'd love to find a bib that fits him. These Baby Bjorn we can not use. A lot of money for a bib that is too small. The size needs to be rated and made known to the buyer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Baby hated it, February 21, 2010
This review is from: BABYBJORN Soft Bib 2 Pack - Green/Yellow (Baby Product)
The bibs were far smaller than I thought, and the baby felt like choking. He pulled it and cried every time he wore it. They are very cute but were of no use for me.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money!, July 6, 2008
A. Martin "amom" (winnipeg, mb, can) - See all my reviews
I purchased these bibs for my 6 month old son. The bibs, while easy to clean, are not big enough for an infant who is eating solids. They let food in under the chin onto his clothes. I have accidentally pinched him in the clasp. The bibs don't cover enough of him, so the food ends up on his clothes all over.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very useful, August 1, 2008
I have a number of Baby Bjorn items and love most of them except for that bib. They tend to combine three qualities I love about baby products: quality/durability, ease of use, and attractive design. Therefore when I saw these bibs in the store I bought them expecting to be amazed yet again. After all, I was getting pretty tired of washing cotton ones. My son was about 6-8 months at the time.

I did not like this bib. I have to concede that it is very attractive and extremely easy to wash/clean, but it is made of hard plastic material which my son found uncomfortable and constraining. It didn't flow with his movement and since he kept on fidgeting when I put the bib on, food ended up everywhere. Also the strap in the back bit into his skin when he tried to pull it off. I used it a total of 3 times and ended up throwing it away. Don't waste your money on this - go to your local Target/Kohls and get a regular waterproof bib. It will be both cheaper and more practical.

BABYBJORN Soft Bib 2 Pack - Green/Yellow