Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

Color: Green/YellowChange

on May 19, 2011
I am a mother with 3 young children and I wanted to know which bibs worked the best. I have compared the Bumkins Superbib, the Babybjorn bib, the Bibbity bib, and the Bumkins sleeved bib.

With my first child, I quickly realized that using cloth bibs and putting them in the laundry after each meal was a terrible idea. They would get moldy and I had to own a dozen bibs. Then I switched to Bumkins Superbibs. They are very easy to use. I just wash them in the sink after meals and hang them on my bib drying rack. The bibs are dry and ready to use again by the next meal. Bumkins Superbibs are lightweight and my babies never mind wearing them. Since the pockets are soft, they don't work well if the bib has been kept flat in a drawer. I always kept my Superbibs hanging upside down by the pocket on the bib drying rack. So, the pocket dried in the open position and worked better. Now my third child is 8 months old and is eating mushy baby food. Even with the Bumkins Superbibs, there are still always some oatmeal spills on his clothes. I rarely have to change his entire outfit after a meal, but I wondered if there was a better bib available. So, I bought a BabyBjorn bib and a Bibbity bib. Here are my results.

Both the BabyBjorn and the Bibbity bibs are SMALLER than the Bumkins Superbibs. The Babybjorn bib is made of hard plastic (like a cup). It says "soft" in the description but that is just nonsense. The Bibbity bib is softer, like rubber.

The Babybjorn bib is difficult to put on the baby because it is so hard. Even the neck strap is made of stiff plastic. I had great difficulty adjusting the neck hole because it kept hurting my son's neck. I never could get the hole small enough to keep food from escaping onto the clothes below his chin. Plan on baby crying the entire time you are fiddling with his bib. The pocket of the bjorn bib is great and always stays open. However, because the pocket is so rigid, it clashes with the tray. My son sits on a chair that clips onto the countertop. The bjorn bib pocket kept getting caught under the countertop and then it would yank my son's neck. He really hated wearing this bib. The BabyBjorn bib is super easy to wash in the sink. It is easy to dry with a towel so you don't need a bib drying rack with this bib.

The Bibbity bib is much better than the BabyBjorn bib. It is softer and feels like rubber. It was awkward to put on at first and my son was mad. However, he got used to it. I was able to get the neck hole small enough to keep most of the oatmeal out without hurting my son's neck. The pocket stays open pretty well. However, since it is soft, the pocket would close up when my son leaned forward and the pocket hit the edge of the countertop/tray. So, food did slide past the closed pocket and land on my son's lap. The Bibbity bib is about 1 inch shorter than the Bjorn bib and is 2.5 inches shorter than the Bumkins Superbib. It is very easy to wash in the sink and dry with a towel. I think the Bibbity bib works a little better than the Bumkins Superbib because the pocket catches more. My 3 year old daughter refused to wear the Bibbity bib, though, and said it hurt her neck. She loves to wear her Bumkins Superbibs.

Unfortunately, all 3 of these bibs left way too much food spilled on my 8 month old's clothes. If you have a baby who eats mushy baby food and grabs the spoon, a regular bib just doesn't give adequate protection. I still had to change my son's entire outfit after most meals. So, I bought 1 MORE bib. I bought the Bumkins sleeved bib. It was GREAT! It covered everything, even his lap! He could feed himself oatmeal and his clothes were very clean afterward! The sleeved bib was very easy to clean too. I just washed it off in the kitchen sink and hang it on my bib drying rack. It went from dripping wet to completely dry in 2 hours. Since, the bib dries fast, I can use the same sleeved bib at each meal and I only needed to buy one. Here is the link to the drying rack that I am talking about.Mommy Genius Drying Rack--Dry or Display Just About Anything (Baby Bibs, Plastic or Reusable Food Storage Bags, Kitchen Dish Towels, Bathroom Hand Towels, Washcloths, Mugs, Sports Water Bottles, Herbs, Mittens, Children's Boots, Lingerie, Holiday Orname...

In conclusion, I recommend the Bumkins sleeved bib (and a bib drying rack) for any baby who eats pureed food. When they start on finger food, the Bumkins Superbibs and the Bibbity bib are good. The Bibbity work a little better but your child might think they are uncomfortable. I do not recommend the Babybjorn bib. I'm sorry Babybjorn. I love to wear my baby in your carrier:)
11 comment256 of 271 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon August 1, 2013
I have been using the Babybjorn Bib for years and love the catch-all pocket. However, I have found a few design flaws that made it problematic to use. The OXO Tot Roll Up Bib corrects all the issues I had with the Babybjorn.

NECK CLASP
The Babybjorn clasp comes undone too easily. A yank by the child in any direction will pop it out. Also, there is a risk of throat trauma if your child sticks the hard plastic cord in his mouth. The Oxo clasp is made of velcro which is slightly more difficult for your child to undo. It is also totally safe if your child starts chewing or sucking on it.

BIB MATERIAL
The Babybjorn plastic is very stiff which can be uncomfortable around the child's neck. When your child is small, the bib may rest on the table or tray and get pushed up into the neck area. My kids found this uncomfortable and would frequently try to yank off the bib.

The Oxo material is nylon in the upper area which is as soft and flexible as a shirt. It conforms to your child's neck which creates a superior seal. The lower bib area is made of soft rubbery material which is much more pliable and forgiveable than the Babybjorn. The Oxo will not get pushed up into the neck when it rests on a tray.

PORTABILITY
The Babybjorn does not fold up in any way. The Oxo rolls up nicely and stays in place with a tab. This makes the Oxo much more portable.

OVERALL
The catch-all pocket is vastly superior to a flat bib in keeping food from ending up on the chair or floor. The pocket also gives your child a chance to "recycle" food by grabbing food out of the pocket. Both the Oxo and Babybjorn can function effectively and can be washed in the dishwasher. However, the Oxo is the clear choice because it is superior in comfort, safety, and portability.
0Comment49 of 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 26, 2015
This product looks completely different from description. This is made in China not Sweden. There is no logo like the photo. Material is really cheap and bad. See my photo that I've received and hope this help for your purchase.
review image
22 comments43 of 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 11, 2007
I love these bibs, I had bought 4 of them. Unfortunately, they are softer than the original ones but the softnenss make them wear down fast. I used them for 6 months, and in the bottom pocket's mid section wears down with a hole. This happened to all of them. The original ones that are harder plastics, do not have this problem. I had an original one from my older son, 2 years ago, still good and can be washed in dish washer.
0Comment48 of 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 26, 2014
It's easy to clean.
on June 13, 2015
I am trying to remove this review
on May 5, 2006
My one year old loved to rip off his old bibs, plus they had some cloth in them so they took a while to dry, and they had those flip out pockets that sometimes flipped shut. We got sick of that, so decided to be a little more spendy and try these. THey are awesome! No velcro, so the little guy can't rip it off (although sometimes that frustrates him too). They are easy to rinse off and wipe dry, so they are ideal for restaurants. The pocket is big and molded, so it can't sort of glue itself shut when something wet comes along. We honestly should have bought these in the first place. Don't make the same mistake we did... spend less, buy these now instead of the cheapo kind.
on May 30, 2015
This bib is very hard and what I mean by hard I mean by that it's not flexible at all. It's a very stiff shape and it doesn't seem to allow much moment when my daughter is wearing it. The neck band is also very rough. I understand why they made it to be that way in order to have an adjustable clasp for length. It does catch food that my daughter drops and does what a bib is supposed to do and that is to keep food off my daughter's shirt.
on July 19, 2006
I am a mother of 4 children! I wish they had had these bibs from the beginning.

Luckily I get to use it with my baby! It really covers her up, keeps her clean, catches EVERYTHING and she likes to "fish" in the pocket for things she did not mean to drop!

This is one of the best products of the year, if not decade!
on August 11, 2010
We used to use the Bumkins Waterproof SuperBib, Unisex, 3-Pack which we bought from Babies R Us. After about a year and a half, they started to SMELL GROSS. I mean really gross. We washed them regularly, and hung them to air dry over the sink faucet, but they still developed mildew spots on them.

So, we switched to the Baby Bjorn bibs and are very happy w/ them so far! Here's why they're better than any others I've seen/tried:

*** They are EASY TO KEEP CLEAN- just wash w/ soap and water and you're good to go. Or, you can toss them in the dish washer (which is nicer than the laundry b/c I'd always forget to grab the bibs when I was doing the right load of laundry to add them to).

*** They are a GOOD SIZE- This coming from a mom of a messy toddler boy!

*** The BOTTOM POCKET WORKS- It actually catches the food/liquid spills! Most pocket bibs don't stay propped open, so a good bit of food still ends up in your child's lap!

*** They DO NOT STINK OVER TIME- If you plan to use your bibs for a long while, this makes a big difference!!!

*** EASIER TO AIR DRY- We had to hang our old bibs over our sink faucet to keep the pocket out while it dried (which evidently didn't do the trick well enough b/c it still got mildew!) and so it was always in the way! With these I can just lay them beside the sink to dry b/c they don't fold up on themselves.

I think these are the only way to go if you have a messy eater!