Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

on May 16, 2009
This twisty exercise is something I'm actually likely to do -- it definitely appeals to the wiggly little kid in me :) The board is pretty small but not too small for me (with size 8 women's feet), although you can't really place your feet more than a few inches apart. I didn't find it hard to balance on at all, as long as you're careful when you step onto it. It worked fine and I was having fun twisting away, but then maybe only about 20 minutes in, I heard a "crack" and a strange noise -- turns out one of the little rolly balls on the inside somehow became dislodged, and now there's a sort of a "dent" spot in it, and I'm worried that if I keep using it it will actually crack. I don't know whether this was because of some manufacturing flaw or what. I'm not a small girl -- me + the weights I was using are probably nearly 200 pounds taken together -- but it seems to me like exercise tools ought to be built for people who could stand to lose a few, you know? I would love this if only it didn't seem like it was on the verge of breaking. I can't really say I feel like I overspent though, since it was so cheap to begin with...
on January 6, 2009
Approximately 40 years ago, I sold twist boards out of my home. They were first introduced at a Home and Garden Show here in Toledo, Ohio. They were either circular or square with the under carriage showing the ball bearings (i.e., couldn't use either side, only the one). With this twist board I just purchased, the only thing I would suggest is that it should be made larger....at least a couple to three inches larger. I don't have large feet and just am able to fit on the board, but with someone larger, their feet would hang off. Love the board, have used it before, especially to the 50's rock and roll music. Marvelous workout for not only the waistline, but quads get a good workout along with it being a cardio workout. Love the board, but make it larger. Thank you,
Pat.............
on September 2, 2008
I purchased this board for those days when I just don't feel like getting on the boring treadmill or glider and would rather watch tv. This way I can just take it out from under my bed, turn on the the television and have a fairly easy workout. If you don't have room for huge pieces of gym equipment, this would be great for you.

I agree with the people here who said that it would be improved by adding on a couple inches to the diameter. It's a bit small.

I can definitely feel the burn in my abs, but mostly on my sides (as someone else mentioned). At times I also squat down a bit while twisting, working out my thighs as well as my stomach.

Although it's probably not a complete substitute for a good cardio workout, it's definitely a nice addition to any workout routine. I'd recommend it.
on July 27, 2007
The twist board would be more useful if it were a bit larger. The size makes it difficult to stand on while moving, about another 2-3 " would help.
on December 13, 2007
You have to turn slowly or have exceptional balance to stay on the board.
Other than that, it is easy to use.
on April 21, 2011
This item is the fastest way to tone up the midsection.
My wife and I both use it every day, in the morning, on an empty stomach..helps burn more fat that way.
She does 30 reps, I do 60 -100 reps ..helps our balance, posture, strength ..works the muscles from the ankles up to the neck.
5 stars from us !!!!!
also...Amazon got it to our front door very fast.

Ron
on December 25, 2009
I bought two thinking my kids would let me use mine while they used the other. Well, one just isn't too efficient but put them a couple inches apart & hold a couple really light weights in your hands & it is a great workout for your midsection & for cardio. Buy two it is the only way to go.
on February 2, 2007
I wanted a simple, portable way to enjoy moving my body more. This is it. I just hop on it during commercials or when I need to get up and move from my desk. It works.
on February 26, 2010
What a great workout for such a small price! My daughter gave me a Bally Twist Board about 5 years ago. I ignored it for more than 3 years. I finally dusted it off and decided to put it to use and vowed to continue using it until I saw results. I started out doing 500 twists each day for 2 weeks; 1000 twists after that for about a month and then no less than 2,000 but sometimes 3,000 to 5,000 twisting at intervals throughout the day. My stamina increased, My stomach began to get smaller and then the weight started to drop. I purchased my 2 new twist boards to give one to my daughter and to keep heroff of mine. I am delighted with this product and I recommend it to everyone. It is so easy to use that it is hard to believe that it really works. Believe me it does. Do buy this product - you won't regret it.
on February 7, 2012
This twist board really gives you a good workout, it's got easy flow back and forth when twisting, and does not get stuck like other twist boards I have used.

The bottom pad gives you good grip, but you cannot use it without sneakers if you have sensitive feet due to the small plastic ball texture all over the footplate.

You will feel a burn pretty fast using this one for just a few minutes a day. It tightens your love-handles rather quickly with regular use, and is easy to store/tuck under the coach when not in use.

See 1 answered question