Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: BARSKA 10x25 Pink Porro Binoculars
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lori Mckenna Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 25, 2011
My six-year-old granddaughter requested "real" binoculars for Christmas so I set out to find them with three requirements: the glasses had to fit her small hands, be of good quality and most importantly, come in the color pink. The Barska Porro Binoculars fit the bill, and then some. Sasha was, and still is, delighted with the glasses which also came with a neck strap, case, and cleaning cloth. Great deal, fabulous price! Perfect gift for a budding adventurer.
55 comments| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2010
I bought these for my daughters (3 & 5). They are great! Very durable and child friendly. Much better quality than a lot of the ones I have seen. They come with a case and cleaning cloth. Excellent product!!
on December 11, 2012
I have perfect 20/20 vision or stronger, which is the reason why I did not need these darn binoculars! They are so weak that if you look at something out of your regular range of vision you won't be able to see them with these binoculars either, so unless they are for a kids toy don't buy them.
on August 30, 2012
I purchased this for my 4-yr old's birthday. Despite the poor product reviews, I was hopeful the binoculars would be fine for a young explorer's first adventures. As many of the other reviews state, the binoculars do not meet the most basic requirements of magnifying the surroundings. We were hoping to begin bird watching. It is true that these binoculars make the view SMALLER rather than larger. In effect, we have paid for toy binoculars rather than child's binoculars. We would have done better at Toys R Us for much less money. We are very disappointed.
on September 18, 2012
The image quality and compactness of these binoculars was fairly good for a low budget binocular. After only a few uses though the eyepiece with the diopter adjustment came loose. I contacted Barska for the warranty, I was disappointed to find out that there are shipping and handling fees, to add after 12 months there are not only shipping and handling fees there are parts and labor fees. Shipping alone both ways is nearly the same price as a new pair from Amazon, after 12 months the cost of their warranty service far exceeds purchasing a new pair. Therefore when calculating the cost of warranty service their limited lifetime warranty is void of actually being a warranty any time after purchase. Very disappointed at the fraudulent advertising of a warranty. Many other manufacturers cover shipping and handling for their warranties. I expect integrity, honesty, and product quality from any store or manufacturer, especially Amazon. Those qualities were not observed from this purchase.
on May 1, 2012
Ordered these binoculars for my granddaughter's 7th birthday. Just because they're pink, don't
mistake these for toys. They are a full 10x and very clear. We will be going on an Alaska cruise
vacation this summer, and I am sure she will make good use of them.
on April 24, 2013
I just bought these binoculars for my daughters 6th birthday. When I opened the packaging, I thought they were very cute, but could not get over the horrible smell. It was overwhelming. I am a firm believer that if the product has a toxic smelling odor, the product itself cannot be good to handle and therefore something I do not want up against my daughter skin. For that reason, I wil be returning this product. I tried to air them out, but the smell did not go away. This item also contains the warning that materials used to make it are a known carcinogens in the state of California. I know that statement is on a lot of things, but with the horrible smell of this item, I believe it to be true. They are definitely cute in appearance but I prefer not to take the risk. Hope this review helps others who are also concerned about such things. I cannot comment on how they actually work since I never got that far. Good luck in your purchasing. :)
on April 1, 2012
We bought these for our 4yr old for when we dont get good seats at sporting events, musicals, plays & concerts. Luckily its rare we dont get good seats so she mostly uses them in the garden to look at flowers. But they are Stylish (she will only use PINK), they are made well and work well.
on January 17, 2011
My almost-3 year old daughter loves this Christmas gift from Santa....it was one of only three things she really asked for, for Christmas. She uses it every day and loves looking around thru them...however, don't expect much as far as amplification goes. If anything, things look further away and not closer. You can't really zone in on any object. Great price, cute product, makes 3 year old girls THRILLED.
These are awesome!! We needed binoculars for our 4yr old who loves bird watching. They are perfect fit in her hands, and eyes. They are light weight, but durable. She was able to easily hold them. They also work fantastic. She loved them and so did we!