5.0 out of 5 stars Bright LED light
I mounted this light on one of my AR-15s and it works great not as bright as my 2D LED Maglight but still bright and easy to adjust the beam width.
Published on April 5, 2012 by Eliot O. Loney

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor light
Loaded the light with fresh batteries and turned it on. At full zoom the light was a square the shape of the LED. After a minute the light had dimmed down to a slight glow. Another round of fresh batteries and a dark room, same thing, very weak. Grabbed a Streamlight 27 lumen headlamp and compared. The 27 lumen light outshines the Barska 140 lumen. Returned.
Published on December 5, 2011 by A. Nelson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor light, December 5, 2011
This review is from: BARSKA 140 Lumen 3W LED Zoom Flashlight (Sports)

1.0 out of 5 stars Great light, but came with gasket broken in two, December 2, 2011
This review is from: BARSKA 140 Lumen 3W LED Zoom Flashlight (Sports)
I picked this up as a holiday lightning deal for my AR-15, and found it on arrival to be acceptable as a focusing flashlight, with a very uniform beam (which I appreciated), and am looking forward to taking it out in the field. The strobing function is a joke unless you plan on running a disco in the woods, need some special effects like an old film projector, or get on some super cop power trip. I'd be inclined to buy several more of these for around the house, but the product is overpriced when not on special, and right-priced when it is. The flashlight space is so crowded nowadays that there should be better competition.

That said, like many Chinese-made products, this one came with a part broken, which isn't a good omen in my book. The waterproofing gasket on the tailcap had a defect that caused it to be broken, and it fell off when I opened the light up to put in batteries. The gasket appeared to be uneven in construction and very thin, so methinks I'll go through a couple when changing batteries.

I wish these had been made in the USA, as the design appears basically good.

UPDATE: Barska's Customer Service has been an Epic FAIL in regards to addressing the broken gasket. I thought they'd get right on it and send a replacement, but the rep completely dropped the ball, and now won't respond at all. ALl over a cheap Chinese gasket. Can't recommend their stuff as a result. Star rating revised from 3 to 1.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright LED light, April 5, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Superbright flashlight, December 26, 2011
This review is from: BARSKA 140 Lumen 3W LED Zoom Flashlight (Sports)
This flashlight is surprisingly small and lightweight, but it's very, very bright. You can also make the spotlight larger or smaller. It would especially be ideal to keep in your car in case of emergencies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great light at a great price, March 11, 2012
This review is from: BARSKA 140 Lumen 3W LED Zoom Flashlight (Sports)
I got this as a gift to replace some of the SureFire lights that had burnt out bulbs, etc. While it's not a SureFire, being able to use normal (aka not CR123 batteries) is a major plus. The other advantage over the SureFire is that the light does not heat up to the point of starting a fire as it's using LEDs rather than the Xenon bulb. I have a couple nylon belt holders with large melted holes from where the surefire (or generic surefire) turned on while on my belt and the next thing I noticed was a burning smell.

Pros: Good light at a good price, well built, uses AAA batteries

Cons: does not come with a belt holder, but rather a gun rail mount, The preset focus is for the short range and you cannot lock the focus adjustment to the range you want.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Bang for the buck!, December 26, 2011
This review is from: BARSKA 140 Lumen 3W LED Zoom Flashlight (Sports)
I saw this flashlight for a good price and thought that I would buy it for it's good description. Sure enough it's a nice light. Aluminum case is sturdy with a nice button and a good focus adjustment. The beam of light is excellent too. I like everything about this style of flashlight except the 3 AAA batteries that it runs on but I knew that when I bought it, it's the price that you pay for this nice size.

4.0 out of 5 stars Flashlight, January 30, 2014
This review is from: BARSKA 140 Lumen 3W LED Zoom Flashlight (Sports)
I purchased this product for my husband. It was to replace and upgrade from the one he had. He uses it every night for his walks with the dog. It is just the right size. He likes that you can change the size of the beam.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's bright, because there is a magnifier in the end of the tube., January 12, 2014
This review is from: BARSKA 140 Lumen 3W LED Zoom Flashlight (Sports)
It's bright, because there is a magnifying glass in the end of the tube. On full focus the resulting casts an illuminated image similar to the Army Corp of Engineers symbol (The LED itself).

5.0 out of 5 stars It was amazing!!!, January 6, 2014
This review is from: BARSKA 140 Lumen 3W LED Zoom Flashlight (Sports)
It is super bright. I use it every night!!! I love the signaling with this light. Nothing’s better than this.

5.0 out of 5 stars This thing rocks... one small flaw..., January 2, 2014
This review is from: BARSKA 140 Lumen 3W LED Zoom Flashlight (Sports)
This light rocks. I love it... it feels quality-ish... i say that because there was a burr I had to remove from the tip... other than that, it's a solid light and I love the slide focus... I bought it as a gift and kept it for myself... LOL

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›