Published on June 26, 2009 by MedicAbe

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware!!
Published on March 2, 2012 by Jonny

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Red dot/Red Crosshair for your AR15 M4 5.56 black rifle, June 26, 2009
This review is from: BARSKA 1x30 IR M-16 Electro Sight Riflescope (Sports)
A great Red dot scope. After shopping around for a few months, I wanted a red dot scope for my custom built new Franken 5.56mm/ .223 RRA/CMMG/Bushmaster M4 16 Carbine build. This is my SHTF/ Personal Defense weapon, I didnt want any Chinese Aimpoint clone that would break when the wind changes direction or defending against an intruder, nor a break the bank $500 Aimpoint that has only a single red dot. The bushnell trophy 1x30 T-dot had rave reviews and i loved the 2MOA dot and 10MOA T reticle, but at 200 bucks... That seemed alot. So Barska, seemed to be perfect, a 2MOA dot with surrounding 10 MOA Crosshair reticle that seemed to be rugged, [...], and a faster to acquire reticle. ITs not a Trijicon ACOG 4x32, that i would love to have, but its at its highest setting it is nicely bright in the summer time middle of the desert (no clouds) shooten range, and nicely dim in at lowest setting in the dark. The mount seems stable, but after firing 70 rounds at the range, it loosened up the screws. I have to admit i didnt screw it on tight, but the zeroing held no problems. It took about 30 rds( 3 x 10 rd groups) of .223 ammo to zero it at 50 yards. Probably could have done it in 15 rds. Groups were tight at 1.5in. The only down side, i wish it had some lens caps, but i dont care, I can find some online somewhere. BArka nicely included an extra set of LR44 batteries and Microfiber cleaning cloth. Id rather have the extra batteries. I recommend this over an aimpoint because it saves u alot of money, its fairly rugged and will withstand 12Ga, AR15 rapid fire, and is really bright in bright light desert conditions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Barska AR-15 Scope, June 27, 2009
This review is from: BARSKA 1x30 IR M-16 Electro Sight Riflescope (Sports)
I ordered this scope soon after completing my AR..I had an idea what to expect and anticipated a quality product, that would allow me quick target acquisition and an accurate shot..My son took me out to sight in the carbine on Father's Day..it worked perfectly, I was on target and within 10 shots was within an inch at 75 yards..I wouldn't hesitate to purchase this for you AR/M4.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware!!, March 2, 2012
This review is from: BARSKA 1x30 IR M-16 Electro Sight Riflescope (Sports)
Stop! Before you order one of these, read on. Though I wouldn't say I'm an authority on optics, I have played with quite a few being an Infantry squad leader in the Army. I purchased this optic for 99.99 while it was on sale. I received it in about 8 days. Opened it up, turned it on, and my hopes for this sight were destroyed. The reticle produced a crosshair, as advertised. What wasn't advertised were the other 2 faded crosshairs overlapping the "right" one. It doesn't take a genius to understand that 3 crosshairs inhibits the devices ability to properly hold a zero and acquire a true sight picture. Barska seemed to understand, which I understood better later. The phone rep assured me that this was a fluke, isolated incident, I wish I hadn't believed her. Because I'm building this AR-15 for my wife before I return to Afghanistan, time was of major importance. So instead of waiting 3 weeks for Barska to "inspect" the device and replace it, I opted for a refund and in faith of the phone rep, ordered another of the same product, assuming the next would be fully operational. Six days later I received the next scope, and lo and behold, 3 mashed, barely distinguishable crosshairs overlapping in the center of the reticle. I was furious. It seems to me Barska doesn't care enough about it's customers to properly inspect the optics before they are shipped, that or they knew of the defect and instead, sold them at a discount. The optics I received weren't worth a dime. I assume whoever has the same issue and keeps the scope does so just for "looks", because in a tactical or efficiency of targeting sense this thing is a paperweight. Needless to say, I did not order a third, and I'll probably never order another Barska product again. That said, be careful with this item and for the sake of shooting, if you notice this issue, return it. There's no sense in using an optic that can't be zeroed. On the upside, I did find a winner for my wife's AR-15, that being the Vortex StrikeFire Red/Green dot scope. For an additional 50 bucks I have peace of mind and a quality optic that impresses this experienced Infantry Sergeant.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent for amount paid, May 31, 2008
I purchased this for my RRA entry tactical. The sight is pretty durable, stays zeroed, and mounts pretty well. quick target acquisition, the reticle has a MOA compensator on it, and a selectable brightness. I wasn't expecting that.

The only downside is that the zeroing process is a little troublesome (screw caps and 1/4 turns per inch) and after about 120 rounds, the reticle started to malfunction, the recoil must have caused the projector to come loose a bit.(due to rapid firing, I'm sure of it)
and it arrived late.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality and craftsmanship, December 10, 2009
This review is from: BARSKA 1x30 IR M-16 Electro Sight Riflescope (Sports)
I was new to Tactical/Practical rifle shooting. I quickly realized I wanted a red-dot optic but wasn't very educated on the options.

I saw this online and thought it was a good value. I looked at the MSRP and thought that this was a great deal. Save (...)? Well, let me tell you that on no planet is this a (...).

I received the unit and mounted it. On my first unit, the system never held its zero more than 10-20 rounds. There was a wobble in the mount and i had to take the unit apart and use some blue Loc-Tite. This solved the problem. However, after rebuilding the unit like it should have been built at the factory, I remounted on my AR-15. When remounting, one of the mounting bolts on the side completely sheared off. This rendered the unit useless. I received a replacement, and this too never could hold its zero. I returned it and upgraded to a Bushnell Trophy MP tactical. That unit is a quality "discount" optic. It by no means is in the same class as an EOTech, Aimpoint or the superb ACOG, but its a solid optic.

Don't waste your time with this unit. Save up for another month and get the Bushnell Trophy MP Tactical, or wait even longer for the EOTech or Aimpoint.

This unit is a loser.

****************Update*********************
On another one of my reviews I received some criticism because the date on my reviews is confusing. I first purchased this item in July of 2009 and didn't decide to do my review until December.

1.0 out of 5 stars Save Your Money, July 10, 2010
This review is from: BARSKA 1x30 IR M-16 Electro Sight Riflescope (Sports)
I'm no expert on sights/scopes, but I know when I've got one that's pure garbage. After reading mixed reviews on this one, I decided to give it a try for my AR when Amazon ran it for $49.99 last month. I have to say the one I received reflects many of the bad reviews. The Red IR Cross Reticle had another cross "echo" and the entire inside top turned bright red on higher intensities. The cross was off-axis and wasn't even completely horizontal and vertical. This isn't what I want to see when looking through a sight.

The MSRP of $267.90 is ridiculous. I can't imagine anyone anywhere paying near that price for this item. I was upset after only putting down $50! I'm going to try and upload a couple of photos I shot through the sight at mid and high intensity. They aren't "professional" photos...But they speak for themselves. If you decide to order one of these, I hope you get a good one. If not, Amazon is good about taking it back with no problems...

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Scope For Me, April 11, 2011
S. Floyd (Jacksonville, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BARSKA 1x30 IR M-16 Electro Sight Riflescope (Sports)
Dispite some of the negative reviews posted here, I bought this scope and was able to zero it in after a good 5-10 rounds at 25 yds. Afterwards, the scope has held its zero pretty consistantly for me. Went back to the range and again the scope was spot on. At approximately 50 yds, (which is a good distance advantage depending on your line of work), I consistantly hit the bullseye mark or within 1-2 inches per every three round shot group. This scope is 1x30mm which =(Short to Medium range). I suggest buying an Acog(4x32mm)or Sniper Scope for a Medium to Long range distance advantage. I have this scope mounted on my Smith&Wesson AR-15 which also has troy styled front and rear flip-up ironsights. With this scope directly mounted onto the top piccany rail I can co-witness the front and rear flip-up ironsights no problem. This sight has worked great for me (to each his/her own) as I've had no probelms. It is rugged enough for my use as I've dropped my weapon with this sight attached and it still held it's zero. The scope was undamaged. I feel (IMO) unless your going to IRAQ, Afganastan, or are on some type of Swat team this scope is a good alternative for normal personal domestic use. If you are experiencing the fuzzy double reticle sight image as I did when I got this scope brand new, seemingly the problem was remedied after I left the scope on for a 3-4 hour burn-in period. Afterwards, the reticle sight picture was then a single crystal clear image. Dispite the naysayers, if you want a good quality, reasonably priced scope, you won't go wrong with this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Holy crap is great!!, January 6, 2010
This review is from: BARSKA 1x30 IR M-16 Electro Sight Riflescope (Sports)
So I saw this, and thought it was too good to be true. Had my doubts, and when it came, I put it on my AR-15, and it is actually fantastic!! I showed this to a few friends too and they all loved it! Its accurate (once you sight it in, takes a few shots), and it looks good, its not cheaply made really, its sturdy and very presentable. Great battery life, I accidentally left the scope on for a few days, went to go mess with the rifle and noticed it was still on and still as bright as the day I got the thing. Dont be thrown off by the price, its a fantastic product! I would reccoment this to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sight, reasonable price., October 4, 2009
This review is from: BARSKA 1x30 IR M-16 Electro Sight Riflescope (Sports)
I have this sight mounted on a GSG 5, 22LR. I have run about 500 rounds with it, and it's seems to be holding zero very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Scope for Great Price, November 11, 2009
This review is from: BARSKA 1x30 IR M-16 Electro Sight Riflescope (Sports)
Bought this for my Doublestar AR-15 and couldn't be more pleased. Adjustable brightness red-dot works great in all sorts of lighting conditions. Took it to the range the other day and had it sighted/adjusted in within 10 or so rounds, then just kept pumping about another 70 rounds down range at multiple targets with easily a 2" grouping at 75 yards. Mounts very easily and stays sturdy although you might want to crank down on the tightening knobs the first time to eliminate any movement. For the price it is, you really can not beat it, scope itself feels built solidly, and just looks great on my gun. Worth it!

BARSKA 1x30 IR M-16 Electro Sight Riflescope