5.0 out of 5 stars Coolest rotisserie add on ever.
Customer Video Review     Length:: 0:18 Mins
Published on January 25, 2011 by Gerald Ryan Oconnor

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for everyone
The best use for this is when you are cooking enough food to spread out and balance everything evenly among all the trays. It is more work all around; setting up, balancing, breaking down and cleaning it up afterwards. You cannot effectively sear anything on it, therefore, indirect cooking is the best method using this device. My first experience was with chicken legs;...
Published 11 months ago by GearHead48

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Coolest rotisserie add on ever., January 25, 2011
Length:: 0:18 Mins

Set up was easy. High Quality parts. Makes great ribs fish chicken anything you want. I am very happy I bought this it works so well and once you are done simply take it apart and throw it in the dishwasher. Easy clean up, works like a charm. A+++++++++++ Don't be afraid of the price the product is very nice not flimsy at all made here in the USA too. Thanks Rib-o-lator!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ribolator, May 25, 2011
This review is from: Rib-O-Lator Barbecue Rotisserie
I used this product for the first time last night to cook baby back ribs. It worked great! I bought the Ribolator to use with my 22.5" Weber Grill with the Charcoal Kettle Rotisserie. No worries about racks sticking and overturning your food into the coals (from earlier review). I followed the cooking instructions from the Ribolator home page and the Ribs came out perfect. Can't wait to try grilling chicken and fish. Buy this item!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best ribs ever, January 27, 2013
This review is from: Rib-O-Lator Barbecue Rotisserie
It's rare for a product to exceed its expectations the way the Ribolator does, but the simplicity of design and quality of the metal used make this a joy to use. The first use was with a single baby back pork rib rack, cut in half and arranged on two staggered trays. The ribs were cooked 3 hours as per the directions on a Weber gas grill using the rotisserie burner on low and the smoke tray burner on low. The resulting product was as good as the best KC style ribs from any professional pit and the final sauce glazing prevented any excessive bark crusting. The key is the apple juice spray during cooking to keep the ribs moist. We look forward to many more cooks on this outstanding device, for chicken or salmon is should be brilliant. The clean up was super easy, just spray before use with cooking spray, then release the remaining residue under hot water and with a light use of a scouring pad - back to new in 5 minutes.! So very happy with our Ribolator :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars St. Louis Ribs are to wide, have to cut, July 22, 2012
This review is from: Rib-O-Lator Barbecue Rotisserie
Purchased this item to BBQ St. Louis style ribs. Did an excellent job! However! My rack of ribs were 5 1/2 inches wide x 18 long, the trays are 5x17. I tried to make it work without cutting the ribs, but however in the end I had to cut my rib racks into 5inch pieces, still worked out fine, I suppose Baby backs aren't as wide and would work without cutting. Yes, like others have said, you need to be sure the food you are cooking is balanced in the trays.

In the end though this is a great product but for me having 5 1/2 wide x 18 long trays would be ideal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Ribs Ever!!!, December 14, 2010
This review is from: Rib-O-Lator Barbecue Rotisserie
I recently purchased a Rib-O-Lator for my husband (who is a BBQ fanatic) and he LOVES it! I love it too because it's the best food he's ever cooked on the BBQ!! The ribs are super juicy and tender and very delicious. I am thinking about getting him the smoker for Christmas! Definitely recommend!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to assemble - Easy to clean, May 1, 2012
This review is from: Rib-O-Lator Barbecue Rotisserie
I recommend this tool. Here's why: Assembly was simple and easy. Loading the trays with food is not rocket science. Keep the food somewhat balanced and there is no chance of tipping. I use my Ribolator on my older model Weber Genesis grill (side burners). For stainless trays to rotate, I removed middle three flavorizer bars. Using only the back and front burners on medium, I cooked frozen shrimp (15 min) on one tray, london broil, frozen boneless chicken breasts, and foil wrapped veggies on the other three trays (45 min). About balance again. I made sure to remove the shrimp with a spatula somewhat evenly. Keeping the distribution balanced until the last piece was removed. Cleaning the trays took me about 10 minutes with a sponge and another 2 min with a brillo pad. They look like new after scrubbing. The food was excellent. I took a video and shared it with my coworkers. All were impressed with the movement and a few are going to order the Ribolator.

The only "con" I can think of is that there are no thumb screws. The device is secured with an allen screw, (hex screw?). An allen wrench comes with the product, but I plan on replacing the hex screws with thumb screws.

4.0 out of 5 stars Taking my game up a notch!, October 6, 2013
Renee Spindle (Mira Loma, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Length:: 0:21 Mins

I got the Rib-O-Lator for my birthday and love it. Chicken has always been the hardest thing to get right on the grill, and this device has made it so much easier. I spend a little time prepping the pieces and then put them on the grill. No monitoring or turning, everything cooks quite easily. You do have to be sure to balance the load properly, I did have one tray dump into the coals the first time I used it, but that was my fault. I use a WSM for ribs, and may just get a rotisserie ring for it just so I can use this with it. Quality materials and nice workmanship, cleans fairly easily if sprayed with Pam first.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Rib-O-Lator Barbecue Rotisserie, September 23, 2013
This review is from: Rib-O-Lator Barbecue Rotisserie
I chose the 5 star rating because there is no sixth star! I like everything about it. Quality materials, easy assembly, and it works as advertised. We used to cook pork tenderloin with a skewer on the rotisserie by poking the rod completely through the meat. The effect was that the rod would absorb heat and transfer it to the interior of the roast. That caused a bit of unwanted overcooking. That problem was solved by using The Rib-O-Lator. Cooks evenly and does not get scorched. The result for us was a perfectly cooked pork roast. Haven't used it on anything else yet but we will. We only used two pieces of pork so we only installed two of the cooking trays. Be sure to balance the load to avoid stressing out the motor. Assembly and disassembly is easy. Be sure to prep the tray surface with Pam for easy cleaning. When we were done we just let it cool, disassemble, scrape off any meat and put it in the dishwasher. You're done! Enjoy! We did! glowingreports.com

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, June 23, 2013
This review is from: Rib-O-Lator Barbecue Rotisserie
The produt works great in our Weber Summit and we use it to barbeue/smoke spare ribs and they taste fanstatic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, but worth it., April 20, 2013
This review is from: Rib-O-Lator Barbecue Rotisserie
I balked at the price on this but knew hubby would love it so I bit the bullet and purchased. Had a big family gathering and grilled/smoked 4 slabs of baby backs. They were delicious and perfectly cooked, no uneven temps. Cleanup is ok, but you do have to put a little muscle into it. It does fit in the dishwasher but I had to go over it with a brillo pad first. Also, note that this is just for the rotisserie --the motor is not included. All in all, I'd purchase again, wish the price were a little lower.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›