Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: BCW Shoe 2 Row Storage Box (1600 Ct.) - Corrugated Cardboard Storage Box - Baseball, Football, Basketball, Hockey, Nascar, Sportscards, Gaming & Trading Cards Collecting Supplies
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 29, 2010
PROS:
-Cards can be stored upright inside this box, versus sideways like other boxes require.
-There's plenty of room in this box, even for sleeved cards.
-This box has a lid which fits tightly on top. It doesn't have a funny out-folding top like other boxes have.
-Thick sides, very durable and safe.
-Lid does NOT crunch some of your cards like some novelty boxes do.

CONS:
-Ten bucks for a cardboard box is kinda expensive.
-It comes flat in three pieces which have to be assembled (folded) together. No instructions, kinda tricky, might damage the box a little if done incorrectly.
-The lid is difficult to slip on and off until it's worn into a little.
-Kinda ugly, I guess, but they're all that way.

SYNOPSIS:
I don't like funky out-folding tops and I like my cards standing upright in sleeves, so this box was a good buy for me. The price is deterring however, and I wonder if it can't be bought cheaper at a cards store instead.
on February 11, 2010
These 2 Row Storage Boxes with a maximum capacity to hold 1600 cards, are a great buy and at a terrific price as well. I bought a few of these and when I finally received them in the mail, they came already put together for me! All I had to do was just put the cards into each slot, which also has a little bit of a wider width, which I really love because it gives you enough space for you to place your fingers inside to remove any number of cards you'd like.

I also bought these to store my collection of new and used playing cards that I use for performing my card magic. In each slot I was able to fit 20 cases of both my sealed decks of cards and 20 of my opened card cases, and they do not take up that much space either. So if you like to collect any type of cards or card cases, buy some of these because for the price, these were an absolute deal.
on November 24, 2013
I've had a number of storage boxes over the years. While I usually prefer the single-row side-laying boxes for storing a single set or an individual deck of cards, when I want to store multiple sets or a mix-and-match of cards, this does the job nicely, as I can store a lot of smaller sets of cards in an easier-to-use storage system, where I can flip through them and see the card names as I go.

The boxes are sturdy and I've now purchased several to stack, filled with cards and dividers (homemade, don't pay for the pre-made ones, they're expensive for a 10-pack and you can make them yourself for a lot cheaper). They hold up in a stack, fit cards with penny sleeves just fine.

These boxes come un-assembled, but assembly is easy. At first you'll think to yourself, "how will this ever stay together?" but trust me, it does, and it's just fine!

I personally find the 2-row boxes better than my larger 4-row boxes as they're easier to manage and work with, although I still have a few of my older 4-rows around that I've had for literally 20 years, stacked, and still in perfect shape!
on July 24, 2013
The box itself serves its purpose and actually has more room than I thought it would. I was able to fit my Cards Against Humanity cards, plus three expansions, and the boxes that the cards came in into this one box. The box was shipped in a much larger box which seemed a little wasteful but it isn't that big of a deal. The reason I give this box four stars is because it did not come with assembly instructions, and even though I was able to figure it out after a few minutes of refolding, a quick diagram would have been nice.
on August 11, 2011
These came in a huge box since they were pre-assembled. One of the dividers was bent.

They are expensive. If you want 5+ of these it's cheaper to go directly through BCW (just google it) even with the shipping.
on May 27, 2012
First of all, this box is a great size because toploaders fit in perfectly for storage, the "lanes" are wide enough.

My complaint here is for the seller DISCOUNT CARD SUPPLIES who sent this item to be loosely wrapped in Saran Wrap and it was completely bent and almost impossible to put together. I can't believe the horrible shipping job. The box looks like crap, it's all dinged up and bent in several places. I would not order anything from them again, it must be some twelve year old running that business.
on February 23, 2013
I posted the customer image of the box with all the stuff in it. I did have a little problem putting it together, I ended up using quite a bit of clear box tape, which worked pretty well. The box won't stay together without tape, but the tape needed won't be in noticeable areas, so it won't matter too much. I originally thought this box would be too big. It WAS too big for my cards, so I kept putting stuff in it to fill it up. In the end I fit two Ultra Pro Magic the Gathering: MTG Mana Magnetic Flip Box (Deck Box / 82771) Red, two Black Velvet Dice Bag w/ Gold Satin Lining (Large) (one with 100 White Dice - 16mm and the other with two Translucent 16mm Polyhedral Blue/white d10 Dice and two Chessex Opaque 16mm d20 Dice, Black with white numbers and a bunch of poker chips that we use as tokens for magic the gathering), a pack of Trading Card Dividers (10) (which you can see, they're written on), and around 850 cards....with LOTS of room to spare (the black thing in the bottom right of the box is a piece of cardboard used to hold the extra space so the cards won't move around too much....it's about 3 inches long...that's how much extra space I had in that row.) I'm absolutely so happy with this purchase. All my magic the gathering gear in one box that's the same size as a shoe box! So so convenient, I'm so so so happy with it!
review image
on April 11, 2015
Purchased this to hold a growing Cards Against Humanity collection that outgrew it's previous container.

Pros: Holds more cards.
Cons: Shipping fail - they folded it in half right through the lid/box to fit it into the shipping box, when they could have folded it along the *already extant assembly creases a few inches away* and made it fit just fine without screwing it up. Engineering fail: the middle divider that runs lengthwise down the inside of the box is poorly designed. It's a little too long for the space, only attached at opposite end box walls (not the base), and quite flimsy. Result: if you install it exactly as intended, it bows ~1/3 of the way towards one wall or the other, it will *not* stay in the middle. Being as I'm both somewhat handy and somewhat impatient, I put some extra metal straps I had from a deck project down the length of the center divider to reinforce it sufficiently to be usable, then glued it firmly to the bottom of the box right down the middle. Still, for a cardboard box that costs $10 (it's a cardboard box people), I would have expected a bit more. Don't buy this for your card collection unless you're willing and able to kludge it into functionality like I did. Caveat emptor.
on December 5, 2011
First things first - the box is well made (as much as a box can be) as it doesn't continually collapse like previous boxes I've had from other manufacturers. It's sturdy and will hold up quite well for what you need. The item comes in a VERY large box (shockingly large) as the item is nothing but flat cardboard when it arrives. It's your job to fold it up into the shape you see in the picture. There were no instructions in mine, but, after looking it over for about five minutes and looking at the preferrated lines - it's pretty easy to see what you need to do and fold where you need to fold.

The lanes for the cards are wide enough for those in penny sleeves (a must) and they're also wide enough for MOST hard covers, though, if you plan to store any graded cards in these you'll need to find another method as graded cards will not fit (even the smallest of graded cards). You can adjust the divider in the box to fit them I guess, but, that pretty much turns it into just a random box with a bunch of extra un-used space (plus your cards will rattle around).

Very nice quality though - hard not to like it for storing cards. I wouldn't recommend putting any cards of value in these (or any boxes)- find yourself some high quality cases for that.
on January 27, 2013
Was looking for a storage unit for my husband's Magic cards. This was perfect. Had to look online to figure out how to build it, but once we watched a video it was easy to assemble.