1,253 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality, pretty purple!
Published on November 26, 2010 by Sandra

2.0 out of 5 stars not durable
Published on January 16, 2012 by thrifymom

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality, pretty purple!, November 26, 2010
I bought these for my 12 year old daughter. She didn't want plain black or brown boots, but all the cute colored ones were in young girls sizes, and she wears a ladies size 8! So I was very happy to find these in her favorite color, purple. The color is a very beautiful, rich purple, which my daughter loves. I love these boots because they are high quality. They are real suede for starters. The lining is real sheep fleece, and it covers the ENTIRE inside of the boots. The fleece makes the boots so warm and soft and cozy. Your feet just sink into them. The soles are padded and made of thick rubber with good traction on the bottom. When shopping for these, I found some that look just about identical for much less money, but they were made of thin fake suede, had thin, polyester fake fleece that was only in the top part of the boot, and had thin soles with zero padding. They were sold as boots but were really more like house slippers. These were more money but they are great quality and will last. I got the free shipping and Amazon was giving a discount, so they really weren't all that much more. But they are totally worth it. They are soft and comfortable and warm and I know they will last. She wears them almost every day, and will wear them all winter and probably the next 2 winters also. (I got them one size too big so they have growing room, and I think her feet are almost finished growing.) These boots are very similar to the boots made by that "famous" brand that has three letters in their name. The quality is just as good, but Bearpaw is less than half the price.

Edit: It is two years later and the boots have held up nicely. They still look good and she still wears them often during the colder months. I just ordered and received some of the Emma boots in black for her because I am so pleased with the Bearpaw quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars get the fugg out of here!, November 3, 2011
This review is from: BEARPAW Women's Emma 10" Shearling Boot (Apparel)
I had been debating on whether or not to drop some serious coin on a pair of Uggs b/c everyone i've talked to raves about how warm and comfy they are. However after seeing a pair of uggs at the store i was in shock of how cheap they looked, how unsupportive the (styrofoam) sole was i became determined to find a superior boot, and the BEARPAW EMMA is that boot. I got the 10" boot in Charcoal (size 10) and I would say they fit true to size. There is even enough room to wear them with socks or jeans tucked in, (and I have slightly larger calves! There is not much by way of arch support but because they are slightly roomy I got a pair of gel shoe inserts and they are super comfortable and still very warm. I was also impressed with their rubber sole as they make the boots slip resistant, and because the rubber makes the shoe more flexible for walking. Honestly I can't understand why anyone would shell out $200 for uggs that function as household slippers when they can spend (literally) 20% of that for a pair of actual shoes.
*You may want to waterproof these boots but do not mistake these for snow boots.
I will be wearing these walking around on the cold, Drier days of nyc. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM, December 5, 2010
I Love these boots so much that I told my husband that I want a pair in the nutmeg color for christmas. They are true to size except if you wear a half size then go up to the nearest whole size. They are warm and sooooo comfortable. I have recieved so many complements on these boots.

2.0 out of 5 stars not durable, January 16, 2012
This review is from: BEARPAW Women's Emma 10" Shearling Boot (Apparel)
I bought these boots in a different color for my college age daughter. We live in Michigan where winter is cold, long and snowy. She had a pair of Ugg boots that she had worn for 3 winters, and they were starting to show their wear, plus being at college and walking in the snow and cold every day meant she needed another pair of boots to rotate while one pair was drying. The Bearpaw boots did last the entire winter, but just barely. The biggest complaints are as follows: They're heavy, considerably heavier than uggs, which isn't good when you're already trudging through lots of snow. The sole is not durable. The heels and ball are hollow and wear through in 6-8 weeks of wear. The insole is pieced, and the shearling separates almost immediately, so you are walking with the exposed seams of the insole rubbing your foot. The upper stretches and wears out, bagging down over the heel. The heel quarter is not stable at all, allowing your foot to shift with the upper bagging over to the side of the heel. To note, the same person wore both pair of boots in the same area of Michigan. The Uggs lasted 4 winters, the Bearpaws lasted 1, and even at the end of the 4th winter, the uggs were still in better shape. If Bearpaws cost 1/4 of uggs, I'd say it's a wash, however, BearPaws are about 40-50% less than Uggs, so if you like buying new boots every year, then the Bearpaws would be OK especially if you don't live in a cold snowy climate. Just keep in mind, they are much heavier, not as comfortable due to the shearling wearing off the insole, and they stretch and don't keep their shape.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality, December 21, 2011
This review is from: BEARPAW Women's Emma 10" Shearling Boot (Apparel)
I really don't like to leave a poor review for anything - but these honestly deserve it. They are cute and SO warm and comfortable -they even fit just right (and true to size). Unfortunately, the sole separated from the boot after 1 week of light-normal use. Sole came off on the front of one boot (the talking shoe effect). So I sent them back to Amazon for exchange, and promptly received a second pair, and after 2 weeks, nearly the entire sole of one boot has come off, starting on the side this time :( I'm kinda bummed, because otherwise, I like the boots, and wanted to wear them.

This time I'm sending them back for just a refund and off to find better quality boots.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the same, December 10, 2013
This review is from: BEARPAW Women's Emma 10" Shearling Boot (Apparel)
We bought these boots to replace the worn ones bought at Macy's one year ago. These boots are not the same! Although we bought Emma boots before: the label is different and the upper part of the boot is so small you cannot get your foot into the boot.
Now we are stuck with an $8 return fee. Very disappointing.

4.0 out of 5 stars warm-comfy, April 12, 2012
The only thing wrong with these boots is that after wearing for about a month they are much looser than they were when you started wearing them. I only wear them indoors now because the heels scrape when I walk down the street.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY!!!, March 7, 2013
Jae Fox (Rocklin, CA) - See all my reviews
Within 60 days of receiving these boots, the soles of these boots completely disintegrated...first the sole came unglued, then it completely fell apart...I could put my hand thru the bottom of the boot!!! To make matters worse, I contacted the seller immediately and they refused to do anything about this, telling me I was outside of the 30 day warranty period. No store credit, no offer of exchange...NOTHING!! Do not buy from The Shoe Center and do not buy these boots!!! You will get better quality at 1/3 the price at Payless Shoe Source!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake Bearpaw or factory defect boots resold, December 1, 2012
I ordered bearpaw boots and they were defective. The quality was not the one proclamed by bearpaw but a cheaply made boots with default. I don't know if this product was a factory defect resold or a copy... but I send them back directly.

5.0 out of 5 stars So comfortable, April 1, 2012
These boots are awesome! I bought them because my feet have a very hard time staying warm in the winter and these did the job.

At the end of January I had foot surgery and these boots feel for comfortable on my feet and dont irritate me at all.

very pleased with this purchase and will purchase again

BEARPAW Women's Emma 10" Shearling Boot