1,009 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars get the fugg out of here!
Published on November 3, 2011 by vannyankee

2.0 out of 5 stars not durable
Published on January 16, 2012 by thrifymom

5.0 out of 5 stars get the fugg out of here!, November 3, 2011
This review is from: BEARPAW Women's Emma 10" Shearling Boot (Apparel)
I had been debating on whether or not to drop some serious coin on a pair of Uggs b/c everyone i've talked to raves about how warm and comfy they are. However after seeing a pair of uggs at the store i was in shock of how cheap they looked, how unsupportive the (styrofoam) sole was i became determined to find a superior boot, and the BEARPAW EMMA is that boot. I got the 10" boot in Charcoal (size 10) and I would say they fit true to size. There is even enough room to wear them with socks or jeans tucked in, (and I have slightly larger calves! There is not much by way of arch support but because they are slightly roomy I got a pair of gel shoe inserts and they are super comfortable and still very warm. I was also impressed with their rubber sole as they make the boots slip resistant, and because the rubber makes the shoe more flexible for walking. Honestly I can't understand why anyone would shell out $200 for uggs that function as household slippers when they can spend (literally) 20% of that for a pair of actual shoes.
*You may want to waterproof these boots but do not mistake these for snow boots.
I will be wearing these walking around on the cold, Drier days of nyc. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality, pretty purple!, November 26, 2010
I bought these for my 12 year old daughter. She didn't want plain black or brown boots, but all the cute colored ones were in young girls sizes, and she wears a ladies size 8! So I was very happy to find these in her favorite color, purple. The color is a very beautiful, rich purple, which my daughter loves. I love these boots because they are high quality. They are real suede for starters. The lining is real sheep fleece, and it covers the ENTIRE inside of the boots. The fleece makes the boots so warm and soft and cozy. Your feet just sink into them. The soles are padded and made of thick rubber with good traction on the bottom. When shopping for these, I found some that look just about identical for much less money, but they were made of thin fake suede, had thin, polyester fake fleece that was only in the top part of the boot, and had thin soles with zero padding. They were sold as boots but were really more like house slippers. These were more money but they are great quality and will last. I got the free shipping and Amazon was giving a discount, so they really weren't all that much more. But they are totally worth it. They are soft and comfortable and warm and I know they will last. She wears them almost every day, and will wear them all winter and probably the next 2 winters also. (I got them one size too big so they have growing room, and I think her feet are almost finished growing.) These boots are very similar to the boots made by that "famous" brand that has three letters in their name. The quality is just as good, but Bearpaw is less than half the price.

Edit: It is two years later and the boots have held up nicely. They still look good and she still wears them often during the colder months. I just ordered and received some of the Emma boots in black for her because I am so pleased with the Bearpaw quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM, December 5, 2010
I Love these boots so much that I told my husband that I want a pair in the nutmeg color for christmas. They are true to size except if you wear a half size then go up to the nearest whole size. They are warm and sooooo comfortable. I have recieved so many complements on these boots.

2.0 out of 5 stars not durable, January 16, 2012
This review is from: BEARPAW Women's Emma 10" Shearling Boot (Apparel)
I bought these boots in a different color for my college age daughter. We live in Michigan where winter is cold, long and snowy. She had a pair of Ugg boots that she had worn for 3 winters, and they were starting to show their wear, plus being at college and walking in the snow and cold every day meant she needed another pair of boots to rotate while one pair was drying. The Bearpaw boots did last the entire winter, but just barely. The biggest complaints are as follows: They're heavy, considerably heavier than uggs, which isn't good when you're already trudging through lots of snow. The sole is not durable. The heels and ball are hollow and wear through in 6-8 weeks of wear. The insole is pieced, and the shearling separates almost immediately, so you are walking with the exposed seams of the insole rubbing your foot. The upper stretches and wears out, bagging down over the heel. The heel quarter is not stable at all, allowing your foot to shift with the upper bagging over to the side of the heel. To note, the same person wore both pair of boots in the same area of Michigan. The Uggs lasted 4 winters, the Bearpaws lasted 1, and even at the end of the 4th winter, the uggs were still in better shape. If Bearpaws cost 1/4 of uggs, I'd say it's a wash, however, BearPaws are about 40-50% less than Uggs, so if you like buying new boots every year, then the Bearpaws would be OK especially if you don't live in a cold snowy climate. Just keep in mind, they are much heavier, not as comfortable due to the shearling wearing off the insole, and they stretch and don't keep their shape.

1.0 out of 5 stars Really Annoyed with Bearpaw and/or Amazon!!, October 26, 2013
I bought these boots last December because they were on sale and I knew that my other Bearpaws (in the same size and color, that I love!) were barely going to last the rest of the season. These would be my pack up pair, or my pair for the next season. I recieved them, did a quick check, scotchguarded the tops, and put them away for next year. Well, now it's a cold October day, and I thought I'd wear my "new" Bearpaw boots to take my dog for a walk. I walk maybe 100 yards away from my house and realize the front of the left sole is separated from the boot! I never noticed they were defective - and I'm super annoyed quality control from Bearpaw or Amazon missed this. I'm stuck repairing a defective boot or getting new ones now.

I love buying shoes and clothes from Amazon, but I feel lately I've gotten a lot of duds (misrepresented on the site, not a good enough description, totally defective, etc.). I"m wondering if I need to get back on the Mall bandwagon to prevent these issues :(

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality, December 21, 2011
This review is from: BEARPAW Women's Emma 10" Shearling Boot (Apparel)
I really don't like to leave a poor review for anything - but these honestly deserve it. They are cute and SO warm and comfortable -they even fit just right (and true to size). Unfortunately, the sole separated from the boot after 1 week of light-normal use. Sole came off on the front of one boot (the talking shoe effect). So I sent them back to Amazon for exchange, and promptly received a second pair, and after 2 weeks, nearly the entire sole of one boot has come off, starting on the side this time :( I'm kinda bummed, because otherwise, I like the boots, and wanted to wear them.

This time I'm sending them back for just a refund and off to find better quality boots.

5.0 out of 5 stars Today's fashion tip: Make sure your feet are warm, February 5, 2011
This review is from: BEARPAW Women's Emma 10" Shearling Boot (Apparel)
I acknowledge that these Bearpaw boots may not be the right fashion statement for some climates. But when I leave the house before sunrise with the temperature in single digits (or worse), nothing lifts my mood like hot coffee in the travel mug and warm boots on my feet. These are warm boots! And since my office building is cold when I get there, the Bearpaws stay on until the chill is gone; and in this cold climate, I'm not the only one with Sasquatch feet.

This is my first winter in central New York, and I'm getting the idea that I won't be trudging through shin-deep snow often. That makes these the perfect boots: in a snowier place I'd prefer smooth leather or some Gore-Tex sort of thing that won't have issues with moisture. But I've got these Bearpaws coated to resist water and so far, so good. They're soft and pillowy inside, and I'm really surprised at how much I love them.

If you're going to be enduring frigid temperatures, make sure you do it with warm feet.

Linda Bulger, 2011

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the same, December 10, 2013
This review is from: BEARPAW Women's Emma 10" Shearling Boot (Apparel)
We bought these boots to replace the worn ones bought at Macy's one year ago. These boots are not the same! Although we bought Emma boots before: the label is different and the upper part of the boot is so small you cannot get your foot into the boot.
Now we are stuck with an $8 return fee. Very disappointing.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nothing like my Kirkland shearling boots...keep the Super Glue handy, January 14, 2012
Book Reader (Baltimore Maryland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BEARPAW Women's Emma 10" Shearling Boot (Apparel)
I needed to replace my knock-off UGGS, a pair of Kirkland (Costco) shearling boots, which I loved. Costco was out of my size recently, so I decided to go online and order these BEARPAW boots which had received reasonably good reviews and were basically the same price as the Kirkland boots. Upon receipt of the BEARPAWS, my initial reaction was less than favorable; the shearing was not as thick or warm as my old boots. Wearing the BEARPAWS for the first time yesterday on a walk, I had the same experience as other reviewers...the sole separated from the front of the boot. Wow, that's really poor construction in my opinion. I got out my Super Glue for the repair; we'll see how they hold up after the repair. Suggestion: just keep the Super Glue handy if you buy these boots.

4.0 out of 5 stars Found a pair that I liked. Warm. Nice., November 7, 2013
These boots do run small. This pair is well made. Looks good. Comfortable and warm. No problems. Chocolate is a dark warm brown. I will spray them with waterproof spray. That will help them stay new looking. Returned my first pair due to poor stitching. The inside label showed through the seam on both boots. Recommend that you try on a pair at the store to determine your size. I did and was able to get the size right the first time. I wear a size 7 in most shoes, but a size 8 in these boots. I'm sure that in time, they will stretch out a little -- like any other shoe. Exchanges are easy. If you get a pair that you are unsatisfied with, return/exchange them for a pair that you are happy with. I did and it worked.

Update. Still like my boots. After spraying the boots with Scotch-Gard Heavy Duty Water Repellent, I noticed that the boots turned a little darker, richer shade of brown. The directions on the repellent can did state that this could happen. That's fine with me because I like this shade even more.

UPDATE: Dec 8, 2013. 25 degrees outside. Wore my BearPaw boots while putting up Christmas lights. My feet stayed nice and warm. I always wear socks with boots. Work great for recess duty at school, too. The warmest, nicest pair of boots that I have ever had. Boots have not stretched out of shape. Wearing these more than I thought I would. Very comfortable. BTW, I'm 70 and my feet tend to get colder as I get older.

ARRAY(0x9918742c)