Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on November 3, 2011
I had been debating on whether or not to drop some serious coin on a pair of Uggs b/c everyone i've talked to raves about how warm and comfy they are. However after seeing a pair of uggs at the store i was in shock of how cheap they looked, how unsupportive the (styrofoam) sole was i became determined to find a superior boot, and the BEARPAW EMMA is that boot. I got the 10" boot in Charcoal (size 10) and I would say they fit true to size. There is even enough room to wear them with socks or jeans tucked in, (and I have slightly larger calves! There is not much by way of arch support but because they are slightly roomy I got a pair of gel shoe inserts and they are super comfortable and still very warm. I was also impressed with their rubber sole as they make the boots slip resistant, and because the rubber makes the shoe more flexible for walking. Honestly I can't understand why anyone would shell out $200 for uggs that function as household slippers when they can spend (literally) 20% of that for a pair of actual shoes.
*You may want to waterproof these boots but do not mistake these for snow boots.
I will be wearing these walking around on the cold, Drier days of nyc. :)
22 comments|169 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 16, 2012
I bought these boots in a different color for my college age daughter. We live in Michigan where winter is cold, long and snowy. She had a pair of Ugg boots that she had worn for 3 winters, and they were starting to show their wear, plus being at college and walking in the snow and cold every day meant she needed another pair of boots to rotate while one pair was drying. The Bearpaw boots did last the entire winter, but just barely. The biggest complaints are as follows: They're heavy, considerably heavier than uggs, which isn't good when you're already trudging through lots of snow. The sole is not durable. The heels and ball are hollow and wear through in 6-8 weeks of wear. The insole is pieced, and the shearling separates almost immediately, so you are walking with the exposed seams of the insole rubbing your foot. The upper stretches and wears out, bagging down over the heel. The heel quarter is not stable at all, allowing your foot to shift with the upper bagging over to the side of the heel. To note, the same person wore both pair of boots in the same area of Michigan. The Uggs lasted 4 winters, the Bearpaws lasted 1, and even at the end of the 4th winter, the uggs were still in better shape. If Bearpaws cost 1/4 of uggs, I'd say it's a wash, however, BearPaws are about 40-50% less than Uggs, so if you like buying new boots every year, then the Bearpaws would be OK especially if you don't live in a cold snowy climate. Just keep in mind, they are much heavier, not as comfortable due to the shearling wearing off the insole, and they stretch and don't keep their shape.
1212 comments|107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 22, 2015
Just got them so I can't tell u about the durability but these are my second pair of bear paw boots,the other pair lasted only 1winter :'( these do feel different like theyre made better than before. Im chubby and they fit snuggly and go up my calf but they do have a slight indent between the calf and ankle.
review image review image review image
on December 21, 2011
I really don't like to leave a poor review for anything - but these honestly deserve it. They are cute and SO warm and comfortable -they even fit just right (and true to size). Unfortunately, the sole separated from the boot after 1 week of light-normal use. Sole came off on the front of one boot (the talking shoe effect). So I sent them back to Amazon for exchange, and promptly received a second pair, and after 2 weeks, nearly the entire sole of one boot has come off, starting on the side this time :( I'm kinda bummed, because otherwise, I like the boots, and wanted to wear them.

This time I'm sending them back for just a refund and off to find better quality boots.
44 comments|35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 25, 2014
Gave these to my daughter for christmas and she loves them. The only concern was when she first got them, she could harldy get her feet into them because the shafts were so tight because the lining is so thick and plush! This problem didn't last long. Very durable, good looking, warm boots for my young teen.
on January 21, 2015
Fit is great, shoes are nice and warm. Perfect for cold weather. No complaints.
review image
on January 7, 2014
(This review is by a 47-year-old mom, even though our Amazon account is under the dad's name!)

We've been buying shearling boots for the women and girls in this household for many years. We've bought them at Costco, Target, Payless, Kmart, JCPenny's, The Walking Store, Zappos, and Amazon. We've paid $15 to $120 a pair. The Bearpaws are the best. Super warm, even for the grownup with perpetually cold feet. Super cute. The loft of the fleece is better than the other brands we paid over $100 for. We never wear these with socks, and they keep the feet toasty without sweating.

One important tip about shearling, even the best quality: like all leather footwear, they stretch with repeated use. Compounding that, eventually the fleece compacts and makes the boots fit even looser. I would suggest buying the size that is snug without socks, within a day or two they stretch to provide comfortable support. Over time they will be less supportive. One way we found to extend the usefulness of shearling boots once they have stretched somewhat is to add an orthotic insole and wear thin wool socks, which take up some of the stretched-out space, and restores arch support. I've been wearing one pair of Bearpaws nearly every day for the last 4 months, and I am just beginning to notice a slight decrease in arch support if I am on my feet all day in them.
VINE VOICEon November 29, 2011
I ordered these boots in the Maple color. The color is much darker than the picture that Amazon has. It's a very nice darkish brown. I reccommend going to Bearpaw's website and viewing the different colors there since my boots matched the Maple color shown on their website.

I normally wear a size 7 in shoes. Sometimes I can fit into a 6 or 6.5 depending on the manufacturer/brand. I was debating between ordering a size 7 and 8 since some people said to size up while others said not to since they run true to size. I ended up ordering a size 8 and am soooo glad I did. A size 7 would have been too small. The size 8 fits quite snug when I wear socks with them. It is a perfect fit. There's still some wiggle room in them if I wear them without socks, which I rarely do. The boots are comfortable to wear but not for long periods of time. My old pair of boots were from American Eagle and I could wear them all day and they wouldn't hurt my feet. I wore these Bearpaws to work and after 2 hours of standing, my feet were starting to hurt. Maybe it's because I'm still breaking them in, but they weren't as comfortable as what other reviews claim. Hopefully if I continue to wear them, it will stretch them out more and break them in!

Neitherless, these boots are a great value for the same quality and look as UGGS. I like how Bearpaw also uses rubber for the sole instead of that foam stuff which UGGS and many other companies use. Overall I'm happy with them.

EDIT 03/21/12: After owning them for 4 months, I can now say that they are quite comfy! They do stretch out a bit and my feet stopped hurting in them after wearing them for about 2-3 weeks. They are still intact and in good condition and will probably last another few winters. I'm kind of sad it's getting warmer since I love wearing them daily.
on April 17, 2013
The boot itself is nice, but the manufacturer stitched the material horribly. It was supposed to be a size 7 for my fiance and it was way too small. She already owned an identical pair but this one was made horribly.
on January 5, 2014
I bought two pair of these, one for each daughter. They both have long skinny feet. Since they only come in whole sizes, we ran into issues with the daughter who needed a half size. Because I ordered 1/2 size large, the boots were hard to keep comfortably on her feet. Because of her foot moving around a lot, the ankle area of the boot got very floppy and is now misshapen. I, myself, wear 1/2 size smaller down and she insists that she could never have worn my size. So, beware if you need the 1/2 size. You choose between toe room and floppy boots. I pretreated with Ugg protector and they have done very well after being absolutely soaked the first time they were worn. (And it was the non-floppy pair that were soaked, so that's not the cause)