2,250 Reviews
 (1,452)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love My Bearpaws
Published on September 15, 2011 by Kitty

1.0 out of 5 stars defective maybe??
only wore 2 week and toe started to separate. Now I have to deal with sending them back and choosing another pair
Published 13 months ago by jackie

5.0 out of 5 stars Love My Bearpaws, September 15, 2011
I just received my Chocolate Bearpaws. After reading some reviews, I was a little nervous about the size. I take a size 8 but in some cuts of shoe or boot I can take an 8.5. I ordered a size 8 and they fit perfectly! My feet were in heaven as soon as I put them on. I truly cannot tell the difference between these and the Uggs. Someone commented that there was no sheepskin fur on the insole where your foot rests. There sure is and it feels great. If I had gone a size up, which for me would have been a 9, it definitely would have been way too big. These fit the same as the Uggs, at least for me. Color was true to pic. I can't see spending a whole lot of extra money when these are just as good. Also, someone said that the other brands are made in Australia and Bearpaws is made in China. You better take a look again. They are ALL made in China. None of them are made in Australia! Some said that the outer skin of the others is sheepskin while Bearpaw if Cow leather. Well, yes, Bearpaw exterior is "Suede", not sheepskin. But "Suede" is more durable, in my opinion. Both are delicate materials. However, again read labels carefully on other known brands. They all say "Leather upper"....."sheepskin lining". None of them say "sheepskin upper" so I don't know. I have a feeling they are all the same. Bearpaw does make a fake suede and fake fur at a much lesser price. These (Emma short) is the real deal. I can't wait to sink my feet in these when the weather gets colder. My friend's "Bearpaws" held up better for her than her more expensive brand. For the money, this can't be beat. And remember, for all suede and sheepskin, you need to waterproof and stainproof them before using them in rain and snow. None of these brands claim to be waterproof or stainproof. They are suede in nature, after all. So you need to be careful. I will update again once I've gotten through the winter with them to let you all know how they held up. I will not be wearing them every day at the exclusion of all other shoes and boots so I plan to enjoy these for many years to come! Stitching and seaming seem to be the same as other brands as well. Can't go wrong for the money! Came quickly. Packaging was great. Got mine directly through Amazon, not third party merchant. Sometimes that can make a difference. When dealing directly with Amazon, I have never had a problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars SO SOFT!!! Looks really well made for the price!!!, November 18, 2013
I'm writing this review only hours after I got these boots, and I am SO excited to try them out outside in the cold weather! I'm in Madison, Wisconsin, and this week is going to stay in the 30's and even dip into the 20's (Fahrenheit!). I will update this review accordingly, and come back in a couple months to write details on durability when it comes to some real winter weather (hello blizzards and -20 degrees!!).

The first thing I noticed out of the box is that they don't have any weird smells, which is great. The outside smell faintly of leather, because that's what they're made of. I looked up the company, and Bearpaw's boots are outside = leather, inside = sheepskin. So if you're thinking about using these in snow like me, we need to waterproof these babies! Luckily I have a spray already to use on them.

The inside of these boots is SO SOFT. If I wore these barefoot (which you can, apparently, but for me - ew! I get sweaty feet), my feet would be in heaven. I tried wearing them with bare legs to see how soft it felt (because against your hands it doesn't feel that soft, it's got kind of a soft, but wooly feel to it) and against my legs it felt so fluffy and silky, so airy!! And warm!! None of the color (I ordered Chocolate) has transferred to my socks/pants. Awesome!

Also, from ALL the pictures I browsed through on the internet, none of them had any good views of the inner lining. I really wanted to judge how thick it was before I ordered, but since I couldn't find any good pictures, I just trusted the reviews saying that they're warm enough for really, really cold winters. And the lining is decently thick - I'd say it's about an inch thick, although over time it might get compressed a little with constant wear. The soles are a different color wool than the rest (it's white instead of chocolate), but still soft and fluffy. It feels like I'm walking on down pillows, mmmm! I put up several pictures of my boots if anyone is interested - of all angles, including the lining! Here is a link to my video of the boot:
[...]

Some of the reviews said that after a month or two the lining starts wearing off and comes off on your clothes... The lining looks pretty well made, so I don't know if that will happen, but I will update this review if it does start coming off. Hopefully not... I am really loving these!

The bottom of the boots is made of really nice, sturdy but flexible rubber and I can see this really holding up for Wisconsin winters! So excited!! It's as thick as my other winter boots, so that's great news.

SIZE:
I read so many reviews about what size to order, and it just got confusing. There were pretty much equal amounts of reviews telling you to order down a size, or order up a size. So I went to the Bearpaw website and they suggested ordering up a size...

I usually wear a 9.5 exact (no size 9, no size 10), so I decided to order a size 10. It makes sense, because there's a layer of fluff that you have to consider when you think about how much space there is for your feet. The size 10 fits me really well. When I first put them on, they seemed a tad bit small, but after walking around in them for a few hours, they're already form-fitting to my feet.

Basically: when you order, think about what your size would be when considering an extra inch of lining around your feet, and also remember that you don't want to order too large, because they do form around your feet after some use (that lining will be squished by your walking!). If you're a half size, order the next whole size like I did. I can't speak for people who have whole sizes because I didn't have that situation, but hopefully a size up won't be too big!

On an interesting side note, I think I remember that the Bearpaw website says you can wear these in any kind of weather - and I think that's just weird? How could you wear these on a hot summer day?? These are real winter boots and your feet would hate you for that, hah!

**** UPDATE ************************ UPDATE ************************* UPDATE ******************************************
January 2, 2014

So good news everyone! Turns out that the fur lining does NOT rub off on your clothes/socks. I think it kind of did like the second or third day I wore it (probably because it was getting broken in), but it wasn't even that much, and after that it has NEVER happened again. The color never has rubbed off on anything, even in the beginning.

So at this point I would DEFINITELY recommend that you DO NOT buy a size up if you can get your exact size. Only order a little up if you have a half size, just because they don't sell half sizes. After breaking them in they really form fit to your feet, so don't freak out if they feel a little tight when you first get them (it's just that the lining hasn't been squished by your feet yet - think of it like getting super fluffy slippers that mold to your feet).

The boot itself is holding up phenomenal, it's so worth the money! The rubber sole looks barely touched or scuffed or worn down at all and I've been wearing them daily since I got these (so mid-November til beginning of January at this point). I used them to walk to class every day (a mile or two) and I have been running and tramping through half a foot of snow with them. Waterproofing them helps them keep dry and also miraculously keeps all traces of salt stains off - they literally look like I just got them like last week, it's amazing.

As for the stitching on the sides - before I bought them I read some reviews saying that the thread has come apart on the stitching on the outside. So far for me, the stitching has been doing really great - I think there were a couple tiny fly aways at first but it's inconsequential to the strength of the stitches (holding up real well) and no more are occurring over time.

So finally the weather has been getting really cold here (this week we are getting -45 degrees Fahrenheit with the windchill factor and several inches of snow), and I never leave the house without these boots! Actually if I wear them inside the house my feet get too warm. These keep me warm no matter what I'm doing (hiking, walking on frozen lakes, walking through snow and wind). Because of these boots, I actually don't care about the weather outside anymore! I never worry about my toes getting cold, which was a HUGE problem with some of my other boots I've had over the years, because even though the boots were thick and sturdy on the outside (hard rubber or leather), they just didn't keep my toes warm. These are life savers for a Wisconsin girl in Winter!! I don't care about people who say they would never buy them because they look like uggs - I bought these for warmth and boy do they deliver. I have always gone for comfort when it comes to apparel and this is going to be a staple of mine if they don't discontinue these for the next few decades.

5.0 out of 5 stars Half sizes order up, whole sizes order as expected., November 30, 2013
First off, I find myself to be a pretty solid size 8.5 (I wear a size 6.5 unisex Converse), and I originally bought these in a size 8, thinking they sized similar to real Uggs, which I heard you had to order a size down. Bad idea. Returned and bought them in a different color (a color I originally wanted but was too expensive at the time) as a size 9, and they are a perfect fit.

My friends own trademark Ugg Australia ugg boots, so I can compare these to them. They pay ~130 for the cheapest legit Ugg brand short boots, versus the $47 I paid for these Bearpaws. The suede/outer material is noticeably softer on Uggs, and and the sheep fur is softer, but not that much softer. I personally like the shape of Ugg brand, because they are much more fitted to the foot. Bearpaw are probably better if you have larger/fat calves, which unfortunately I do not have. Ugg brand have that styrofoam/plastic-y, very lightweight sole, while these are rubber and heavier, but still lightweight as a boot. These soles are also very flexible, unlike counterfeit fake Uggs you hear about.

All in all, I'm really happy with my purchase. These are definitely, in my opinion, more bang for your buck. I spent $47 on my pair (while I realize MSRP is like 70) compared to retail 155 for Ugg short boots/120ish on Amazon. I don't view Ugg brand as being 3x the quality of Bearpaw, so I feel like these are the way to go. I have read other reviews that their Bearpaw boots have fallen apart, so if that does happen to me, I will update my review. I'm a week and a half in with these boots. I should note that I did spray them with Ugg brand water/stain repellent that my friends have, if that means anything.

4.0 out of 5 stars good price and quality!, November 17, 2010
bought this pair of snow boots about three weeks ago, and i cannot keep from wearing it all day long! soft, warm, and the color is just fine for me.

my size is 5.5 to 6, and I bought a size-6. The first time I wore it, I felt a little bit tight, but now they are perfect for my feet.

I haven't bought UGGs before, but I believe Bearpaw will not let you down, especially if you are looking for boots of good prices! :D

1.0 out of 5 stars defective maybe??, November 16, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Fell apart, September 3, 2012
I bought these boots from this seller last year prior to Christmas for my daughter, as a gift. She wore them once and the sole came apart from the boot, we glued it and tried to repair but no luck. Poor quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ugg vs BC, November 15, 2013
Now I am an Ugg boot wearer but when I received these I was impressed. They actually fit better than Uggs! The only difference is the name. So, before you spend 200 dollars on 1 pair you can get 3 or 4 BCs.

4.0 out of 5 stars good as uggs, December 14, 2013
I do not want to pay over a hundred dollars for "ugly" comfy boots...but I love this style.
I used to have tall classic ugg boots, and I can honestly say that I do not feel any difference, nor does it look very different besides for the label on the back. If anything the outer material doesn't show stains as much as the uggs.
great price- found them at macy's on a huge sale for double this price.
WORTH IT!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these boots!, February 5, 2012
These boots are very comfortable, warm, and look great. I gave a pair to my sister for Christmas and she loves hers too!

4.0 out of 5 stars The color is misleading, January 20, 2014
While I like the boots and they are comfortable, they are not the bright red of the picture. The boots are actually a dark reddish brown and the interior fleece is light beige. The color in the advertised picture is very misleading. Even under bright outdoor sunlight, these boots are not the red in your picture.

BEARPAW Women's Emma Short Boot