1,920 Reviews
 (1,279)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very cute ... but....
Published on December 8, 2011 by K.M.

2.0 out of 5 stars Fell apart
Published on February 17, 2012 by Gretchen

4.0 out of 5 stars Very cute ... but...., December 8, 2011
K.M. (United States) - See all my reviews
I bought these boots in the Champagne color late October and it's now early December. First of all, I do love these boots. They're super cute, great with leggings & a tunic length sweater or shirt. Plus they're very comfy on my feet even though I'm currently 7 months pregnant. I did use a water protectant on them as soon as I got them to help protect them during our wet snowy Wisconsin winters. All of that said, just this week I noticed that the sole near the toes was coming undone on one of my boots. :( Very disappointed in the quality of these boots. Not sure if I got a fluke pair or what but I plan to contact BEARPAW to inform them of this issue. I'm wondering if a subpar glue was used or something.... The sole shouldn't be coming undone already. They're not even 2 months old! I don't hike in them, am not rough with them, am not doing any crazy activity while wearing them, etc - I strictly wear them running simple errands, grocery shopping, etc. Not sure if others have had this issue or not but be aware that it's possible it could happen to your pair, too. Other than that - and having the sole come undone is an issue to me - these boots are awesome. Hopefully BEARPAW will stand behind their product & help right this situation with me once I contact them.

EDIT: I gave these boots another star because of Bear Paw's AWESOME customer service!! I contacted them, sent them a picture of where the sole was coming apart after only 2 months and they sent me a pair new pairs of boots without me having to spend one extra penny to even ship the old pair back to them. You just don't get that kind of customer service very often these days. I'll always look to Bear Paw's shoes first in the future when I'm in the market for a new pair of boots!

Also, I found these boots to be very true to size. I wear a size 7, got these boots in a size 7 and they fit perfectly. I can wear them with thin ankle socks or even my thicker Smartwool socks on super cold days. These come up to mid-calf (so not knee-high) on me and I'm 5'4.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Boots compared to Uggs, September 24, 2011
This review is from: BEARPAW Women's Emma Tall 612-W Boot (Apparel)
Alright guys, let me start by saying that I NEVER write a review. I used to wear these boots years ago because Uggs were too expensive. Well, they lasted me about 2 years before I graduated to Uggs. Let me tell you this, I have a wide foot. These boots are TRUE TO SIZE. They are the most comfortable boots I have ever owned, and since my puppies decided to destroy my uggs (RIP lol) I needed boots fast w.o breaking the bank. I love these boots and in MY opinion are just about at level with the UGGS. If you want brand name then shovel out another 120 or so bucks. But if you're a college student, mum, or smart shopper...def get these boots. Incredibly comfortable and they look fab. I plan to wear these ALL the time. They are very durable, and I love Bear Paw. Once again they are TRUE TO SIZE...and I have a wide foot to boot. I wear a 10 and I love them :3 I hope this helps. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Boots! Review/Ugg comparison, December 29, 2012
Let me start off by saying that I absolutely adore these boots. The price is great, but the quality is even better.

I ordered them in Hickory, size 7. I usually wear a 6.5 in boots and some other shoes & a 7 in sneakers and heels, most of the time. I was afraid to order a 6 in these boots because some of the other reviews state they fit true to size and when in doubt , go up (as opposed to Uggs, go down). The 7 is actually slightly too big, and I feel like I should have ordered a 6; however it's not such a big size difference that I feel I should return them. I always wear socks with these boots anyway, and a thick sock makes the size just fine. I hope, though, that this might help anyone that teeters on sizes like I do.

With that being said, I also recently got a pair of black Uggs in a size 6. The difference between the Bearpaw and Uggs doesn't rest solely with price. Obviously Uggs are double (or more than double in some cases) the price of Bearpaw, and honestly, after comparing the two, I feel that the price for Uggs is just for the name, not for the quality. Don't get me wrong, I love the Uggs, but here are a few reasons I feel Bearpaw boots are a much better choice:

1. Price: the Bearpaw are less expensive than Uggs. If you aren't just looking to have that Ugg name, there are much more affordable options out there.
2. Quality: in my OPINION, the Bearpaw boots beat Ugg in quality. The main difference I noted here is in the sole. My Bearpaws have this wonderful sturdy rubber sole that is solid and looks as though it will survive the life of the boot, whereas the Ugg sole feels more like a foamy rubber that could be nicked or dinged easily. The quality of lining and stitching seem to be equivalent.
2. Fit: since my boots are two different sizes, I cannot completely compare the fit, but something I noticed was the foot of the Bearpaw boots is straighter than the Uggs, which curve in at the arch. I actually prefer the Ugg foot because it fits tighter and my foot doesn't wiggle around, but for someone with a wider foot, the Bearpaw foot mold would probably be preferable. I do, however, much prefer the Bearpaw "vamp." It is wider at the top than Ugg, which fits much tighter. I like to be able to tuck in jeans without the boot having that slouchy look because the material causes them not to stand up straight. I think my Uggs will have to be reserved for super tight jeans and leggings. Also, when I take off the Uggs, the tops lean to the side, whereas the Bearpaw hold their shape, which makes me think the Bearpaw is a sturdier boot.

All in all, I love both boots, but I don't believe I will purchase Uggs in the future. Really, it's a personal preference & some people like having the Ugg name, but for a much better price you can get a boot that is just as good as, if not better than, Uggs by choosing Bearpaw. I will most definitely stick with Bearpaw, and plan on ordering some of the short boots as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big fit - but great boots!, February 3, 2011
This review is from: BEARPAW Women's Emma Tall 612-W Boot (Apparel)
These boots are great, just like Uggs! They are slightly more rigid than Uggs and I can see how people with large calves would have a problem with them. If you have small calves like me they are perfect though.

The people who buy 2 sizes larger have imho bigger problems than just their boots. If you normally wear shoes that don't fall off your feet, then get a half size smaller. The people who buy a few sizes larger probably just like their shoes really loose, but I personally like my shoes snug. If you're like me, DON'T GET A BIGGER SIZE! 0.5 - 1 size SMALLER is what you should get.

Pros: very warm, very nice color, high quality (the emmas are better made than the evas), made out of real sheepskin with real suede, very sturdy rubber sole

Cons: the fur started gathering at one point in the sole, but I wanted to get a sheepskin insole anyway so that'll cover it up. Just make sure you spray it with a suede protector spray!

Overall: very pretty boots!

5.0 out of 5 stars Use Bearpaw's Size Chart for Correct Size!, December 9, 2012
If you want to get a pair that fits and are confused by all the reviews, go to Bearpaw's own site and use their size chart.

I normally wear an 8.5 or 9 in shoes, so I ordered the size 9 based on the reviews that said these run small. Initially, they fit perfectly, but within a couple hours the wool compacted and my foot had way too much room.

I loved the cute style, warmth and comfort of the boots, though, and wanted to get a second pair. So, I went to Bearpaw's site and measured my foot. The second pair I ordered are size 8 and while they were snug initially, within a couple hours they became the perfect fit.

My advice would be to order them because they are an awesome alternative to expensive U&&s, but check your size on the Bearpaw site first. (And remember that the boots will become roomier after a bit of wear.)

2.0 out of 5 stars Fell apart, February 17, 2012
Gretchen (Ann Arbor, MI, US) - See all my reviews
Within two months of wearing the Emma Tall boot the sole of the boot began to pull away from the boot. The soles also were wearing through at the heels pretty quickly. Amazon could not replace them because it was past the 30 day return policy. They suggested I contact the manufacturer which I did. We did get a new replacement pair. It was inconvenient to be without a pair of boots for about 3 weeks as this whole thing got worked out.

2.0 out of 5 stars Holes in the soles, December 3, 2014
This review is from: BEARPAW Women's Emma Tall 612-W Boot (Apparel)
These are cute, warm, and comfortable. The only problem is that they don't last. My daughter and I both got a pair of these for Christmas last year and they already have holes in the soles and our feet got soaked in the rain yesterday. Needless to say, they are going in the trash. Super disappointing for the price. :(

5.0 out of 5 stars My FAVORITE boots!, December 12, 2013
I bought these for myself to replace a pair of expensive boots that walked out with my sister when she moved out of my house. I didn't have the money to replace them with another pair, and the cheap-o's from Target are just awful. I found these and decided to give them a try and they are now my new favorites. The quality is comparable to my old (much more expensive) boots and they are super-warm and cute. I did size-down when purchasing as I usually wear a 5.5 and these only come in whole sizes. When I first put them on they were super tight and my toes were squished like other reviewers have said, however that is normal with items made from suede and shearling, and after the first day the suede stretched and the shearling formed to my foot & they fit perfectly. I love them and wear them everyday now.

3.0 out of 5 stars ORDER DOWN, February 15, 2012
I am not sure why everyone was saying to order up in these - order down for sure! I am a 6.5 and ordered a 7 initially based on reviews and what a mistake that was! They were so big - even if I wore socks with them they were moving around so much I would have gotten blisters for sure. I returned them, and was shipped the 6 immediately! Amazon has a great return policy and once I had tracking information for the return they already sent out the other order.

1.0 out of 5 stars HATE IT!!!!!!, November 8, 2014
This review is from: BEARPAW Women's Emma Tall 612-W Boot (Apparel)
i bought theese boots paid 80 bucks for them and got a few wears and they fell apart the whole sole can off like a cheep $1.00 pair save your money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my Kmart cheep fuzzy boots have lasted 2 yrs of every day wear and through the washer 3 times spend the extra money and buy Cloud Nine A.k.a Rj's Fuzzies brand i bought a pair of them 5 yrs ago and they still and wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!! bare paw has a warranty im trying to get refunded we will see how it works but if i was you dont waste your hard earn money on such crap!

BEARPAW Women's Emma Tall 612-W Boot