Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now SnS

Size: Pack of 1Change
Price:$4.98+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on September 5, 2012
First of all, this review is for the shampoo only (the colored/damaged hair version). I purchased this because I read an article in a magazine that said that normal shampoos/shampooing doesn't clear the hair follicles of dead skin cells and sebum, clogging them and making it more challenging for hair to grown long and strong. I have long, naturally curly blonde hair that I color dark brown and straighten daily. It is about 6 inches past my clavicle, and I have been trying to grow it past my breasts, ala Kim Kardashian, for what seems like years. I had beautiful long hair as a teen, but since being in my adult years, just can't seem to get past this length where it ends right around my underarms.
I have been using this shampoo for a little over a week (probably around 10 days) and can honestly say I am VERY impressed. I am someone who has always believed that shampoo doesn't really matter in comparison to a good, rich conditioner. Well, I was wrong. I massage this shampoo into my roots in a circular motion with my fingertips, being sure to reach all of my scalps, and taking around 2-3 minutes to do my whole head before rinsing. I am using my usual conditioner (Tresseme Soft and Silky), which I always use. My hair feels incredibly soft and shiny, and actually appears to be stronger as I don't have as many stray hairs all over my bathroom after styling. My root area has more volume than usual and my hair just feels cleaner overall than normal.
The next test is to see if it starts to accelerate in growth, which will probably not be visible for a little while. Meanwhile, I am going to switch to the Clear conditioner too once my Treseme is gone. This will be the first shampoo that I ever re-purchase out of loyalty. As for the scent, it is fine...not too floral or strong. It really just has that typical "clean shampoo" smell. My boyfriend likes it, which is great because he only seems to like very clean scents. However, if you are particularly sensitive to heavy scents, you may want to steer clear of this as it is definitely perfumed.
Another nice thing I noted is that Sodium Lauryl Sulfate is listed fairly towards the end of the ingredient list, unlike most shampoos that list it right after water (like the V05 I usually use).
Overall, I am happy with this product and will continue to use it. I am also going to monitor my hair growth to see if this will help my healing my scalp.
**update**
I finished my bottle today, roughly 30 days after I wrote this review and noticed that my hair does seem longer by about an inch. Obviously I cant be 100% sure since I didn't measure it before starting to use this shampoo, but if I noticed it that alone is a big deal as my hair grows very slowly. I will definitely re-purchase!
VINE VOICEon May 31, 2012
Size: Pack of 1Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a good shampoo with a pleasant, apple-y scent. I don't think a shampoo that claims to be for "color repair" should contain sodium laureth sulfate -- I'd rather have less lather and have my color last longer. That said, the lather is generous, and the shampoo left my hair feeling clean and not stripped of moisture.

I ordered three shampoo/conditioner products from Amazon, and all three leaked during shipping. They were wrapped in plastic, so it wasn't a huge mess, but it would be nice if Amazon could find a way to ship shampoo without it leaking.

I don't think this shampoo is anything special, and probably not worth paying extra for.
VINE VOICEon June 3, 2012
Size: Pack of 1Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I love the scent of this product. That's the good news. The only good news.

But in my old age, I have developed a horrible itchy reaction to certain hair products, namely WEN, which gave me an awful rash on my hairline (front and back) as well as my entire neck. So when I saw this product, I thought it would be a relief now that my itchy WEN rash is finally (after SIX months of healing) a thing of the past.

Sad to say that I was wrong. I used Clear Scalp & Hair Beauty conditioner and shampoo three times in a row and guess what happened? Yup. Same sort of irritation and itching in all of the same places.

There must be a very specific ingredient the makers of hair products are including in their respective cleansers and conditioners because the fact that this has happened AGAIN literally has me scratching my head in disbelief.

Again, this shampoo (and its companion conditioner) has a lovely scent - but I will not spend my waking and sleeping hours scratching myself like a cat with fleas. If you have any sensitivity to hair products, avoid this one.

Boo. So goes this product the way of WEN. In the trash.
11 comment9 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 21, 2012
I purchased this shampoo about 2 weeks ago, and used it for the first time last weekend. After using it in the shower, I noticed that my forehead and temples were blotchy red, clearly an allergic reaction. I put cortisone on the blotches and took two benadryl tablets and the blotches subsided after a few hours. In order to determine whether or not it was indeed this shampoo that caused the reaction (and not some other product or a random food allergy), I used the shampoo in the shower again this morning. While I was rinsing it, my face and neck began to itch, and when I got out of the shower and looked in the mirror, the blotchiness had returned.

I don't usually have particularly sensitive skin, but do have various allergies in my immediate family - two brothers are allergic to latex, one of my sons is peanut-allergic, and another son is allergic to cats and dogs. I checked the label of the product, and noticed that it contained almond oil and soy, which is not a problem for me, but might be a problem for someone allergic to those foods (yes, I know you don't EAT the shampoo, but sometimes people with food allergies react to it when it comes into contact with their skin).

I called the 800 number on the bottle to report the allergic reaction, and they were very nice about it - a representative took my info, and another person called me back a few hours later. They asked me to return the unused product and they are going to send me a refund and coupons for alternate products.

I am giving this product 3 stars based on the fact that my hair looked clean after use, and the customer service people were pleasant. Obviously I'm not going to purchase it again though.
Size: Pack of 1Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Fragrance: EXTREMELY strong, synthetic smelling fragrance. I used the product once to give a fair review and the scent made me ill. If you aren't sensitive to strong and/or synthetic scents it's probably going to just smell like shampoo to you.

Cleaning: Cleaned hair very well, lathered richly, rinsed easily.

Conditioning: I normally use a conditioner but did not need to after using this shampoo. Huge bonus points for that.

Safe for color treated hair: The product contains sodium laureth sulfate which is considered to be easier on colored hair than many of the other sulfates. In an ideal world there would be an affordable, sulfate-free, effective shampoo--but we don't live in that world--yet.

Overall: This is a good product but I will continue my search for a color safe shampoo that has no sulfates and actually cleans your hair and leaves it in a somewhat manageable condition.
on October 21, 2013
This shampoo is responsible for my significant hair loss. Several weeks ago my hair dresser pointed out that my hair seemed thinner and I was loosing a lot of hair while she washed my hair. She suggested I have my thyroid checked, even though I had just had complete blood panel done 5 months ago. I didn't think much of it until last week while I was showering I noticed clumps and clumps coming out, and it even appeared thin to me in the mirror. I cried immediately and called my dr. to set up an appointment and have blood drawn again. My thyroid came back normal along with the rest of the results. I happened to Google "shampoo causing hair loss" and the reviews here were the first hit on my search. I had almost finished my 2nd bottle of this crap! I cannot believe this. It Is a horrible product. Needless to say I have stopped using this shampoo but my hair is still falling out. I am hoping the hair loss slows down in a week or two. I would say I have lost about 30% of my hair. THIS NEEDS TO BE TAKEN OFF THE MARKET.
33 comments9 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Size: Pack of 1Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
"Clear Scalp & Hair Beauty Damage & Color Repair Nourishing Shampoo" is an average shampoo packaged in a 5-star container. The shampoo is lightly scented; the fragrance is very pleasant. A tablespoon of the shampoo does a nice job of cleaning one's hair.

However, while "Clear Scalp & Hair Beauty Damage & Color Repair Nourishing Shampoo" is labeled as specifically formulated for hair that has been "color refreshed," it strips the color from hair much more than other similar products. The suds, following shampooing, are very tinted by my semi-permanent hair color. If I shampoo daily as is my custom, I foresee this shampoo "stripping" the color and revealing the grays in two weeks or less. As I only recolor every four weeks, this is not acceptable.

"Clear Scalp & Hair Beauty Damage & Color Repair Nourishing Shampoo" is packaged in a uniquely shaped container. It fits nicely in one's hand; is easy to hold, even with wet hands; and is easy to control with respect to dispensing the shampoo. I plan on saving the container and refilling when the "Clear Scalp & Hair Beauty Damage & Color Repair Nourishing Shampoo" is gone.

"Clear Scalp & Hair Beauty Damage & Color Repair Nourishing Shampoo" is an average shampoo in a 5-star container. If you recolor more frequently than I do or use permanent color, you will find the product performs adequately. Overall, it rates only 3 stars.
on May 6, 2013
I received about 7 sample shampoo and conditioners in the mail but after reading the ingredients (a ton of sulfates) decided not to use it on my colored hair. The other day, my daughter's shampoo ran out and I decided to use this on her. She usually bathes too late so she can't wash her hair because she has to go to bed which means that she only washes her hair 2 to 3 times per week during the winter in NYC. I only shampoo her hair once so sometimes it doesn't smell 100% fresh. With this shampoo, I had to use 2 of the .28 oz samples to get a full lather going. Her hair felt so clean. I then used 1 of the .28 oz sample conditioners. I blow dried her hair and it was so soft, silky, shiny and straight! It looked like she just stepped out of the salon. The smell is increadible!!! Her hair smells so clean and fresh. I just wish that it didn't have all the sulfates because I want to use it too but after reading the reviews, I will stick to my Aveeno. My daughter on the other hand has asked me to buy this shampoo for her from now on and I just might since it's way cheeper than sharing my aveeno with her.

I would suggest anyone that bought this shampoo and it messed up your "dyed" hair to just give it to someone else to try that doesn't dye their hair. We were very impessed with how vibrant it left my daughter's natural hair.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 10, 2015
For me, this is a decent shampoo. There's nothing particularly outstanding about it, but it's certainly serviceable.

It has kind of a strong smell ("fragrance" is listed as an ingredient) and apparently also some artificial dyes. I generally don't like such ingredients in my personal care products, since I have sensitive skin, though I can often get away with using them in hair products.

First of all, this does make my hair feel clean and it's non-drying. It rinses out without leaving residue, and the scent doesn't stay in your hair. I've been using it with the conditioner from the same product line but I honestly can't tell if they're working together or not.

This contains sulfates, which is surprising for a product that's supposed to repair damage in color-treated hair. Several hairstylists have told me to avoid shampoos with sulfates, since I color my hair. I have not noticed any detrimental effects just yet, but you may want to be wary if you are avoiding sulfates.

It seems to be helping with the dryness in my hair at least a little bit, which is nice. It lathers fairly well and isn't too thick or too thin. In the end, I'm not feeling terribly happy or unhappy about it.
VINE VOICEon July 6, 2012
So a little background. My hair started turning gray early and I have to color it every 6 weeks. All that color has changed my scalp and hair texture. My scalp is now oily. I don't wash it for 3 or 4 days and I look like I put cooking oil in it. But the ends feel like straw. I went and bought Shampoo and Conditioner from a salon and figured I would need to buy the expensive stuff from now on. I saw this and was instantly interested because it talked about healing the scalp where all the problems come from. After using almost a whole bottle of this I feel like I can give it a thorough review. I have discovered you don't need as much, it covers and lathers well with a quarter size.I love the smell! Very light sweet and refreshing. My hair is not as oily as before and I don't have the straw feeling in the ends when I use the conditioner too. I am impressed and that is not an easy thing to do when it comes to hair care.