4.0 out of 5 stars Worked great
My father in law is VERY deaf. You literally have to speak very loudly right in his ear to get him to hear you. He has tried all kinds of hearing aids with no real improvement. He had to have the TV incredibly loud and still couldn't really hear it. He put these things on and got this huge grin on his face. He said it was the first time he had really heard the news...
Published on June 11, 2007 by zigzagg

3.0 out of 5 stars I like it, but it's got problems!
First off, the listing tells you that the Bebe Sounds TV Listener works with any television. Okay, I guess technically this is true. But, practically, it is not exactly so!

We have an older television in our bedroom and I wanted to be able to listen while my bed partner snoozes. So as not to be disturbing I was turning down the tv so low I couldn't hear it...
Published on March 9, 2007 by Lulabelle

‹ Previous | 1 2 320 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well!, August 19, 2007
This review is from: Unisar Sounds TV Listener (Electronics)
It works well, good sound, good volume control. You have to be within a relatively narrow range to the transmitter, or else you get static. Also, after a couple of hours (the length of one movie) it becomes tiresome to wear. Overall . . it works well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth twice the price., February 12, 2006
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Unisar Sounds TV Listener (Electronics)
Set up in minutes ... Works fine! What more can I say?

5.0 out of 5 stars TV ears, April 18, 2009
This review is from: Unisar Sounds TV Listener (Electronics)
This is a great product. My husband does not watch as much TV as I do. When I am in the family room on the sofa watching TV he is in the room behind me, usually on the computer. Now I just use the headphones and he does not have to use ear plugs.

Also, I am an idiot at using electronics. This was soooo easy. I followed the instructions and was using the product immediately. As I sit right in front of the TV it works beautifully. And they are comfortable. I would recommend this to everyone. The sound and controls are easy to use.

1.0 out of 5 stars not good example of product, January 12, 2008
This review is from: Unisar Sounds TV Listener (Electronics)
Headset did not work one ear at a time worked - must have been faulty. Also wanted to use while on treadmill. With just one ear working - treadmill caused too much static to hear anything. Returned product.

1.0 out of 5 stars same product, 2 different prices = bad policy, November 13, 2007
This review is from: Unisar Sounds TV Listener (Electronics)
I bought the Unisar TV listener for $39.94. It had too much static, so I returned it. But Electronica Direct only refunded $30.96. First, they told me it had a different price on the day I returned it. Not true. Then, after a phone call, and presumably, a consultation with a supervisor, they agreed to refund the full price.
They have this same product listed as Bebe TV listener for the $30.96 price. Same product, different name, different price. I urge Amazon to look into this. I think it is a deceptive practice, especially as concerns refunds.Here's the lower priced item: BEBE SOUND BEBE-TV777 BebeSounds TV Listener and here's the higher priced item: Unisar Sounds TV Listener

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product - Buy Two!, April 5, 2007
This review is from: Unisar Sounds TV Listener (Electronics)
After years of not being able to understand some TV broadcasts due to the new processes they use, I'm finally able to understand what is being said. My hearing isn't all that bad, but the audio on some telecasts is very hard to understand even w/ the volume turned up. Being able to watch TV in bed w/o disturbing my wife is a big plus and one of the main reasons we purchased the headsets. One thing I found, it is more economical to purchase (2) complete systems, rather than buying an extra set of headsets. The cost is about the same and it gives you another receiver to attach to another TV or stereo. The only negative thing I've found is the covering on the phones could be a little more comfortable. I wear a large hat size. So for others, it is probably more comfortable. In any event, a good value for the money.

1.0 out of 5 stars JUNK! Amplifies EVERY sound in the room!!, February 19, 2008
This review is from: Unisar Sounds TV Listener (Electronics)
I bought this gadget to help me better hear my programs over my husbands incessant snoring. The way this product works is by attaching a transmitter clip right next to the TV's speakers! Hello!!?? It does NOT plug into the TV anywhere. This creates a problem for me in these ways:

Also amplifies snoring, right through the headset.
Also amplifies baby monitor buzz.
Also amplifies heater/air conditioning sounds.
Amplifies ALL sounds in the room, direct through the headset.

So, as you can see, all these sounds overcome the TV sound.

This product is great if you want to amplify snoring.

I tried w/o hubby in the room at all, and was still extremely dissappointed! Save your $$ and buy a better unit. This thing is not worth $2.oo!

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, January 24, 2007
Lnanaa (Orlando, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Unisar Sounds TV Listener (Electronics)
I was having a lot of trouble hearing my tv because my ceilings are 9 foot high and the sounds doesn't bounce off well enough for me to hear. So I decided to try this headphone that was made for hard of hearing people like myself. I love it that I can hear what the people are saying before the captions show up and I love it that I can hear the background music. I enjoy watching tv much better now, but I'm disappointed that the batteries went dead 3 weeks after using it. I wish the battery would last longer. One other thing about the headphone is a bit tight for me sometimes because I wear a hearing aid and glasses, so the pressure from wearing the headphones can hurt a bit sometimes after a while. Other than that, I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bebe Sound TV Listener, May 19, 2006
This review is from: Unisar Sounds TV Listener (Electronics)
I just received this product yesterday..hooked it up and it sounds great! I almost ordered the TV Ears Personnal Listening System which cost 149.00. But so far I am glad I tried this product first. I just hope it holds up and continues to work for a long time.

1.0 out of 5 stars IMHO STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY..., September 4, 2008
This review is from: Unisar Sounds TV Listener (Electronics)
the national bureau and stds time towers literally sit outside my window in northern colorado, approx. one mile distant. unfortunately these headphones pickup up the time beeping VERY loud and clearly, actually almost deafening. unless you set within 2 feet of the transmitter they are worthless." in closing i should add that the company selling this product did not like hearing the truth as written in my initial review. i told them twice due to my location near the radio towers, that. that in itself likely had the greatest negative impact on the poor sound reception quality. however they did not approve of my review sent me a rude email and specifically instructed me to change and alter my original review so as to cover up the headphones short comings. so what good is a review if it is not an honest one or is written according to the instructions provided by the manufacturer? IMHO STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY...

‹ Previous | 1 2 320 | Next ›