5.0 out of 5 stars Tip to Soften the Sound...
Published on October 2, 2009 by Happy Shopper

3.0 out of 5 stars The good n bad of the Rocket
Published on September 9, 2009 by R. Nagpal

3.0 out of 5 stars The good n bad of the Rocket, September 9, 2009
I purchased the Rocket just a few days ago in hopes of creating great smoothies n protien shakes. The design n look of the rocket are pretty sleek i must say. It blends a shake in just minutes, pretty awesome. The only issue i had is one of the main points of these single serve blenders is to simply remove the cup throw on a lid and take it on the go (as i do for work in the morning), this way i can enjoy my shake as my mid day snack. However, i noticed there is minor leakage when carrying the cup when you are on the go. I had thankfully put mine in a zip lock bag just in case, which was a good call on my part. I have heard better reviews on the magic bullet, especially to just throw a lid on the cup n take it on the go without any spills. I plan to return the rocket, which is unfortunate, but oh well. Can't beat the price though if you are just looking to make shakes and drink it right away at home, or other uses that do not require to use the lid for on the go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tip to Soften the Sound..., October 2, 2009
This blender is wonderful. Just looking for more cups. I had the M. Bullet until it stopped working when I purchased the Bella. The inside of the main blender unit is much easier to clean than the M. Bullet. It is completely smooth inside. To help with the loud noise with these little blenders just double a towel on your counter and use the blender on top of that. Can also use a double towel on top of the cup too! Works great when I'm trying to use when someone is resting/sleeping.

5.0 out of 5 stars great buy, October 12, 2012
Excellent for smoothies. Motor is strong. I had a Hamilton and had to return it because the motor was not strong enough to snake smoothies with ice or frozen fruit.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best, March 5, 2009
I love it. It's convenient and the clean-up is easy. Great for smoothies. (Using frozen fruits and crushed ice cubes.)However, you must make sure the top is screwed on all the way or you will have difficulty getting it off, so be careful. Also it's noisy, but quick. I've purchased one for my daughter and she and her husband love it. Had it over two years and no problems. Would buy it again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Blender, March 10, 2010
I bought this about a month ago and have had nothing but pure joy using it. It makes a great smoothie, is super easy to clean, and an amazing value when it's on sale. I think those with negative experiences are maybe expecting too much from it. First of all, it is NOT a regular size blender. Those having problems blending are probably treating it like a regular blender. It is meant to be used for individual/smaller jobs. It makes a perfect smoothie for one person if you don't overload it and if you use enough liquid to balance out the frozen pieces (i.e.- ice, fruit, etc.). I can easily make and clean my breakfast in less than 3 minutes and then am out the door. As for the noise? Yes, it does have a motor. Motors make noise. And since you're not suppose to have it running for more than 3 minutes (usually it only takes me 30 seconds), I don't see how anyone can't just bear with the noise for that short period. Come on...it's not like you have to live with that noise all day!

UPDATE...
I'm sad to report I'm changing my rating from 5 stars to 2 stars. During my 3 month ownership, I've exchanged once then later returned it. The first time, the motor died and I thought maybe I put too much in the blender so was partly my fault. On the second one, the cup got stuck in the middle of use. I tried everything, including getting a screwdriver to pry it open, but the cup wouldn't budge. I immediately took it back to Macy's, with the smoothie still in the cup! They were great about letting me return it, even with the smoothie still inside. I'm sad b/c i really love the look and convenience of this blender.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works as Advertised, Online Picture Contains Items Not Included, December 25, 2009
This blender works as advertised and is great for making smoothies, but not a whole lot else. The product is pictured here inaccurately showing more glasses than are included with the set, there are only 3 included glasses, be sure to read the description. It really irks me when products are displayed incorrectly in the product picture. Online shopping is almost completely picture based so it's really important to customer satisfaction to make sure the picture you are showing them is the picture of the product they are getting. The product box accurately represents the product contents with only 3 glasses, I'm not sure why it's displayed with 5 here.

In terms of the product itself, the included "lip rings" are pretty much completely without function. They don't actually thread onto the glass, so make sure you don't try to pick the glass up by gripping them. They also do not fit very snugly onto the glass, so some liquid invariable escapes under the lip, which makes them messy. Personally, I can't see a single reason to not just toss the lip rings, I think they were included to increase the number of pieces in this set for marketing purposes.

I did not see anyplace that said the glass sizes. Not counting the inch and a half of space above the max fill lines, the small glass holds 6 oz of liquid/food, the tall glasses hold 12 oz (a can of soda is 12 oz to give you perspective).

The product blades are about as dull as the edge of a spoon, don't expect any fine chopping here, pretty much you are beating things to death not mincing as a traditional blender might do.

Basically, make sure that when you buy this product all you want it for is moderately sized smoothies, drinks, or the occasional sauce/pesto and you'll be fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like this BETTER than my Magic Bullet, December 25, 2012
We owned the Magic Bullet for about 10 years and absolutely LOVED it. We used it for all types of things, like grinding coffee, to pureeing steamed vegetables, to chopping nuts and making iced coffee. But it finally died, and we just didn't have the money to spend on a new one. I happened to see this Bella here on Amazon and thought that for the price, I would give it a try.

I am so impressed with this Bella! It has just as much power as my bullet did. The noise level I find to be about the same. But the Bella motor feels smoother when it is running. The Bella cups are a definite improvement over the bullet cups. The Bella cups are flat on top, so you can set them down while open to add ingredients or use as a cup. The bullet cups were rounded and could not be set free-standing. The Bella cups are also MUCH easier to clean, because they are completely smooth, where as the bullet cups had grooves.

I should also add that we have a VitaMix as well, which is a VERY powerful blender appliance. But the Bella is SO MUCH more convenient. The VitaMix is just big and heavy and a pain, where as the Bella is quick and easy and takes up so little space!

We are really enjoying this Bella. It was a REALLY good investment for the price! And so easy to use. Like our old Bullet, just throw the cups and blades right into the dishwasher when done! We have used our Bella to make dry bread crumbs, puree soups, chop nuts and a few other things since receiving it. All uses have worked flawlessly so far.

We DEFINITELY recommend this for anyone considering the bullet, but wishing for a more reasonable price tag, and easier to use cups!

2.0 out of 5 stars Works great, for a while..., November 30, 2012
I really like the Bella blender for how well it mixes and blends. There are two key problems. First that the cups are very breakable: if you drop them, you will almost certainly crack off a piece of the base, which extends out from the bottom of the cup as a sort of half inch rim. I've only dropped them twice, once each cup, and each one now has a piece missing out of it. There are NO REPLACEMENT CUPS to be found anywhere! Second problem is that the lid that you screw on with the blades has developed hairline fractures, so smoothie leaks out when blending and I have to clean up a mess in the blender each time. No replacement parts for those either. Too much hassle, I'm going to try a different brand instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bella Rocket Blender 12 Piece Set, August 17, 2012
This review is from: BELLA 13586 12-Piece Rocket Blender, Stainless Steel and Black (Kitchen)
Wow! I can't say enough about it. I absolutely LOVE it! It works great and I find I am using it daily for everything. Love the way the smoothies come out. Experimenting with different fruits etc ..it's fun!
It is so easy to use and clean up ...that I can't believe how I got along without it before.
The only thing I found is that you need to make sure you do not go beyond the Fill Line when loading it or else it will leak a bit when you activate it.

It takes up little or no space on the counter and it's a great buy through Amazon. Cheaper than going to the retail store ...e.g. Kohl's etc. It's must for everyone!

1.0 out of 5 stars Big dissapointment, December 28, 2009
Dominique (Montreal, QC) - See all my reviews
I bought this blender because the reviews were so great but boy was I dissapointed! The design is sleek and gorgeous but the good things stop there. It makes awful noise and does not even make basic smoothies. You have to put very "soft" food (like bananas, pears etc.) because it simply will not puree "tougher" stuff like celery or radishes. Even when I left it on for half a minute, still my green smoothies turned out semi-puree with chucks of vegetables (though I had previously cut them in small pieces!). Bottom point, my inexpensive Hamilton blender was much much quieter and more effective for half the price!